Jow Forums says macs are used exclusively by homosexual retards

>Jow Forums says macs are used exclusively by homosexual retards
>meanwhile these climate scientists are using them, and even have multiple

why is Jow Forums always wrong?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 21.24.04.png (1440x753, 1.34M)

could it be that they're homosexuals

Why do you think they are not homosexual retards?

>exclusively
Hyperbole.
macs are used by homosexual retards.

>(((climate ziontists)))
>implying theyre not homesexuals

This

University IT department issues the computers. I think staff members have the choice of a PC or a mac.

PCs are seen as more run of the mill, expendable, and look less interesting. The macs are perceived as more exclusive and valuable, so if it's free, why not pick the valuable trendy thing? Given the choice of a shiny object or a dull-looking object, most creatures choose the shiny one.

They absolutely do.
Also they're using Win10 on the projector...

If you're rich and cultured, you use a mac. Very simple

Why are they smart enough to read climate charts but not smart enough to run GNU/Linux?

this
> close the thread up
> should've installed gentoo

Also that area looks like a common area for presentations, productivity software, e-mail, education. There are freaking pamphlets and free pencils on the desk.

I'm sure in their actual lab they have PCs since their specialized software doesn't run on macs.

because unix

>specialized software doesn't run on macs.
their specialized software was probably ported from some other ancient UNIX to macos.

Since when did Jow Forums say Apple/Mac users were retards? It's running custom Unix on custom hardware it literally is the perfect offering.

>IT department issues the computers.
this is the most important thing to note about these situations
the departments have a certain budget for the year, if they don't spend their ENTIRE BUDGET for the year then guess what happens the next year
yeah they get a lesser budget, and it's not as easy to increase as it is to decrease

throwing macs at people is the easiest way to burn through money at the end of the year, everyone knows they're premium so they're glad to get it, and when emergency money for actual infrastructure upgrades are needed in a year to come, they'll actually have something to work with still

>scientists
That continue to ignore geologists who estimated that air used to be 30% carbon dioxide when the dinosaurs were still alive and the earth was flush with plant life.
Why do the "climate scientists" or people who believe in man made global warming seem to forget that plants and trees need Co2 and even turn that Co2 in oxygen? Even if man made global warming were true, the only solution would be to plant more trees and other plants and destroy countries like India and in South America and Africa so they can be reforested and deport all illegals and visa workers and indefinitely halt all future immigraiton, yet they refuse to acknowledge it and even actively go against the solutions by loving immigrants and fetishizing big cities.

Really depends on funding source. As a chemist paid by HHMI they let me order shit from JewEgg and build it to my own specs.

fpbp

Because they want to use their time working on climate charts and models, not on getting their software to work.

/thread

Climate scientists don't ignore those things, they just take more things into account than just whether life existed when there were higher CO2 levels.
Taking average solar output at the time into account is pretty important as well, but the most important thing is that there were no human civilizations at that time. There were no humans civilizations relying on things like agriculture and having pesky things like cities that centralize populations.
The climate change problem is much more faceted than just "can things live".

>climate change problem
It's not a problem because the man made climate change being spewed doesn't exist, and even if it did then like I said I never heard them talk about the actual solutions which I mentioned in my post. Earth's climate naturally changes, they are just looking for ways to get more funding for their "studies."

kek, there is nothing wrong with gay meteorologists. Just like pedo mathematicians or furry physicists

maybe because that extremely complex ad critical software for climate prediction is made in Windows?

>critical
>windows
oh i laf.

>Why do the "climate scientists" or people who believe in man made global warming seem to forget that plants and trees need Co2 and even turn that Co2 in oxygen?
this is on the level of "if evolution is real why are their still monkeys"
AGW isn't a literal apocalypse but denying it is pure delusion, the only reason to is because of ideological conflict with reality and that's your problem, not reality's

>make itoddler shill post on Jow Forums
>morons come and spout democrat/republican talking points on climate change

stay classy

Eh, I get the feeling that a lot of you don’t have much experience outside of your bedroom. I think most of Jow Forums would be surprised how prevalent they are in bigger corporations and research institutes. Like it or not, they really are more reliable than Windows cancer boxes. And not everyone knows how to install Gentoo.

well, they did it for Windows. Deal with it.

>air used to be 30% carbon dioxide when the dinosaurs were still alive
It was 30% O2 not CO2 you retard.
At 30% CO2 everything would fucking die

Everytime a successful and productive picture of a person comes up, there's an inevitable Macbook Pro lying nearby.

>and even if it did then like I said I never heard them talk about the actual solutions which I mentioned in my post.
Because you have selective hearing.
Planting more trees is a thing that is actively being done. Trees don't grow instantly and there's the small problem of deforestation that some countries are undertaking which we are having to counter at the same time.
Destroying countries isn't really an option. Deporting illegals won't help. Halting immigration won't do anything about climate change.

Actual solutions that can be used to mitigate while technology advances to allow us to move away from greenhouse gas producing fuels are being discussed, like seeding clouds over oceans with sand, effectively, to increase their reflectivity so that more of the infrared wavelengths are reflected back out into space.
But there are two issues. First, no one wants to rush into using something which may have unexpected consequences. Second, there's always a group of people who will protest anything that's suggested, and sometimes they're loud enough to halt things.

"Climate scientist" that's about as real a science as geology.
Rutgers is not a respected university.

I don't know if it is Jow Forums or /x/ leaking into this board but either way it has to stop.

Attached: stoprighttherecriminalscum.jpg (960x540, 191K)

More like /sci/ leaking over.
Both have self-deluded macshills on them.

You've got that the wrong way around bruv, there was a high concentration of oxygen in the atmosphere then, which is why there were fuckhueg insects back then, carbon dioxide was at a high concentration a while before then but the explosion of photosynthesising plant life changed that

No, /sci/ is not full of science deniers.

To be fair, both geology and climate science are not exact in their predictions
And Rutgers does suck ass

This.

I worked IT for an engineering school, setup a 17" MSI Stealth for a dude that needed "something to travel with". When the fiscal year is closing, it RAINS surface pros and Precision towers... And imacs immediately setup with bootcamp because people want mac hardware without macOs

>he thinks his ultra-expensive private university education beats the might of an incredibly well funded research-oriented university

heh
almost got me

Attached: 1491791480147.png (2760x2000, 58K)

Fair enough.
Climate is something that is constantly changing, we can't monitor every unit of CO2, O2, N and other elements entering and leaving the atmosphere, along with all of the energy that is being absorbed and trapped from the Sun. It is an extremely complex system and you can't use the models to predict accurately what the weather next year will be like because the variables are always changing.

As for geology you can't see what is under your feet everywhere. For both there are certainly periods where we have far more accurate predictions than others.

>>Jow Forums says macs are used exclusively by homosexual retards

Its a projection joke you idiot. Have you been here long? This particular board is full of cross dressers and literal trannies all up in /tpg/. Jow Forums is a haven for faggots. Macs are used by average normies. This isn't 2007, they're common now. Everyone gets them in university. Everyone. Pic related is the TwinkPad general's mascot.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1354x767, 164K)

>climate scientists
This is as bogus as gender studies

The education you receive is quite similar, the difference is the quality of your peers

>homosexual retards
>climate scientists

I'm confused. Why do you think Jow Forums is wrong?

>denying it is pure delusion

You can reproduce evolution in a lab. Climate "science" is a bunch of people jerking off to computer models for grant money.

You can reproduce CO2 concentration positively affecting air temperature in a lab.

less than 1% of the air is co2 mate

>sure, lemme whip out my shitty HipsterOS

>climate scientists
Jow Forums they got retards part at least

>Agree to Vox interview
>Not homosexual retards
What did he mean by this?

Also, somewhat reliable access to Unix tools and cli without having to deal with windows or Linux peculiarities. It's just the least bad option. Most of my colleagues hate windows with a passion. Especially the laptops with the university's botnet support framework pre installed. Those that use Linux are mostly fed up with the constant maintenance. Half the department has switched to Macs. The tech illiterate ones stay with windows. All Linux users are pondering switching, me included as my current think pad has reached end of life. Price doesn't matter, it's a work machine and paid for anyway.

based

>climate """scientists"""
Lmao

>being smart in one thing means you are smart in everything

>hurr fixing the world is EASY
>just commit genocide LOOOOL
absolute brainlet
any such effort would inevitably result in another world war

The mistress and wife do keep me pretty busy in the bedroom, so all I can use is windows, what can I say?

>implying their macs are not just remotely connecting to their workstations

They're not computer scientists