My build keeps shutting itself off and random and rebooting at random. Its a build from 2012...

My build keeps shutting itself off and random and rebooting at random. Its a build from 2012. I’m thinking it’s my PSU. It’s a Corsair Professional Series HX750w fully modular PSU.

I’m running the following:
Intel core i7 2600k at stock clocks
Noctua d14 cooler
8gb ram
GeForce GTX 980 stock clocks
3 HDDs
1 SSD
I used to run the system at 4.5 GHz, but a few months ago, I started getting random shut downs.
I lowered the clock speed back to the stock 3.4Ghz and the shutdowns stopped.

Looking at the picture, do you think it’s my PSU or could it be something else?

Attached: EA1BB2F4-D418-4DA1-9658-CA4B995FA727.jpg (1439x1119, 351K)

how's the temps?

check the temps, check the psu if it's not blacklisted, if nothing helps check if your pins on your socket are not bent, when i've installed i7 2600k on my s1155 with bent pins it worked but often crashed even at stock clocks.

They seem fine. The Noctua d14 does a really good job of keeping the system cool.
Now however, the computer turns on for a moment and switches back off. Sometimes, it’ll run for a few minutes then turn off. Sometimes it’ll run for hours before turning off.

As I’m typing this post, the system just turns on for a few seconds then shuts off and keeps trying to reboot.

that CPU voltage seems a bit low

I haven’t removed my CPU since 2012. I don’t imagine the pins are bent. I’m unsure as to whether my cpu has given up or it’s my PSU. I’ve ordered a new PSU and it should arrive later today.
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I appreciate it.

>12V line at 10V
There's your problem. Get a new PSU.

Meh, failing PSU is my best guess then. Good luck!

I thought as much. Any idea why this might be the case? I haven’t altered my build physically in any way since the GTX 980 came out.

12v rail already dead bruh, look at that it should be at least 12-12.5v. Yes time for new psu.

Probably electronics degradation with age in your PSU, shit happens sometimes.

Age. AKA "Shit breaks, yo."

low power mode probably, ups under load

get ur ass a corsair modular psu, have 3 of them, 2 are over 8 years old no problem.

My PSU is a Corsair professional series fully modular 750w PSU

Well now that you know what the problem is
Get something actually good, like a seasonic who is a damn OEM

Look up your warranty. That may have a 7 year warranty.

What PSU do you have?

GEEEEEEEEEEE WONDER WHY THIS 12V RAIL IS RED
Maybe this could be your problem?

This

You can check the rails manually with a multimeter just to be sure but yeah PSU is dying.

I have essentially the same build and it never gave me any issues, I run the CPU at 4GHz but under volt it with 0.10 offset for better temps.
Here are the voltages from HW monitor, could be your PSU since that 12 V seems to be shitting the bed

Attached: Capture3.png (484x383, 17K)

One of the 12V rails on your PSU are failing. Replace the PSU. That'll be $290 please. 5 seconds worth of work, 2 hour minimum @ $145/hour.

change psu asap

So i've replaced the PSU. The system works fine but BSOD'd once in the past two hours since installing the new PSU.
I'm thinking my CPU may have had it. It's running at stock clocks now.

Heat isn't an issue as the room is air conditioned and i'm using a noctua d14 tower cooler on an open air bench.

OP here again. Same problems even with the new PSU. The only difference is that the 12V Rail isn't red in the BIOS anymore.

I think that my new PSU may have a coil whine issue...

I had similar issues with a HX1000 back in 2011. The PSU was indeed the culprit. What PSU did you get? Might be a cross-load issue, so I recommend breadboarding with the minimal components required for boot. Add more if you find the system stable.

Attached: 1413587576092.jpg (1131x800, 369K)

Attached: check.png (600x600, 560K)

First step of troubleshooting is always to go back to the defaults.

Is it just BSOD'ing? If so, check SMART values (crystaldiskinfo), do a memtest, and reinstall Windows.