Literally the best file manager out there

Literally the best file manager out there.

Attached: 1494801435801.png (234x200, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mywiki.wooledge.org/UsingFind
hyper.is/
conemu.github.io/en/InsideParent.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's not a terminal

No tabs though.

I'm going to assume its the only one you've ever used as linux has numerous better file managers.

Like what?
I've used various distributions over the course of 4-5 years and none of them work as well.

PCmanFM for one.

>no terminal plugin
>ads on file manager
>resource hog
>built in spyware
0/10 not even close

One of the better ones, but still lacks features, like search.

CTRL+SHIFT+F

>no terminal plugin
You don't need one on Windows.
>ads
No there aren't. Show me what you mean.
>resource hog
I just checked, uses less than 40MB of RAM when open.
>spyware
Not in the file manager at least.

Is that the one that brings up the shitty little search bar at the bottom of the window that barely works or the one that relies on external software (catfish)?

>gui

Yes, but that's just for highlighting something in the current directory, its not the actual search utility.

That's not the Dolphin icon

Doesn't the search still rely on external software though? I know the one is Nautilus doesn't.

Not that I'm aware of, its not like thunar where you have to install other optional libraries to get features, search for pcmanfm works ootb with just the basic install and its dependencies.

>You don't need one on Windows.
So why does it have PS and cmd?
>No there aren't.
>
> uses less than 40MB of RAM when open.
And keeps leaking memory especially when telemetry kicks in. Furthermore it does more indexing on top of that.

Attached: file-explorer-ads.png (829x311, 28K)

Precisely, we're talking about the best file managers. Dolphin is shit.

Dolphin doesn't show ads, so it isn't

>So why does it have PS and cmd?
I said you don't _need_ one.

>
I didn't know this was a thing admittedly, but it doesn't appear with a local account and its literally one checkbox to get rid of it forever. See pic related. You could also do this through the registry or group policy editor.

>And keeps leaking memory especially when telemetry kicks in.
Obviously not a widespread issue and its never happened to me. Your'e going to have to provide some more sources.

Furthermore it does more indexing on top of that.
Literally nothing wrong with indexing.

Attached: Disable-ads-in-File-Explorer-in-Windows-10-pic3.png (380x473, 18K)

If I could use middle mouse click to open folders in separate windows it would be pretty good.

Also, why have you decided to start tripfagging? You weren't a new IP in the thread.

>I said you don't _need_ one.
What if I do? I want to automate hundreds of tasks in one line in client machines.
>never happened to me
Why do you insist that people will have the same use cases as you?
>provide some sources
Look up "telemetry"

It strokes my ego, I put on trip every time I am about to bully a retard online

Windows has a lot of perks over Linux and macos. The file manager is absolutely not one of them. I don't understand why microshills bring it up when it's complete and utter trash. The worst Unix file manager is better then explorer. It doesn't even have tabs. As far as I'm concerned its basically unusable and not even comparable to something feature rich like dolphin that blows it completely out of the water. Why don't you start your bait with something windows is good at like a working sound system. Alsa is fucking awful and all the Band-Aids to get it to work like pulseaudio make it even worse.

>What if I do? I want to automate hundreds of tasks in one line in client machines.
Just fucking open up cmd or ps then.

>Why do you insist that people will have the same use cases as you?
Conveniently ignoring the rest of that sentence.

>Look up "telemetry"
Not a source.

>It strokes my ego, I put on trip every time I am about to bully a retard online
Embarrassing. I'll filter you once this is done.

Linux is better than windows for countless reasons but file managers is sadly not one of them.

>I just checked, uses less than 40MB of RAM when open.
thunar is 20MB

Wow, 20MB difference on a system with 16GB of RAM. What a difference!
I do like Thunar's speed in loading directories. Its instant and great, but it has its own set of issues, like:
>can't remember widow position on screen
>no search
>every directory has same zoom level
>double clicking very fast through folders can cause clicks not to register

>Just fucking open up cmd or ps then.
So you admit that explorer lacks this feature?

>not a source
That's only because you can't look up a widely documented "feature" that your daddy micros**t decided to slip into the file manager

>I'll filter you once this is done.
Filtering me won't save you from your embarrassment.

>open regedit
hmm, that doesn't really make my claim, invalid. It shows ads. Windows explorer shows ads and you have to go to open regedit, find the relevant key and disable it.

>get btfo'd in RAM argument
>quickly move the goalpost and remind muh 16 gorrilion
The state of wincucks, everyone

>no search
try
>find | grep "search"

>So you admit that explorer lacks this feature?
Sure, no problem, I will. That wasn't even my point though originally.

>That's only because you can't look up a widely documented "feature" that your daddy micros**t decided to slip into the file manager
So basically you can't back up what you're saying. Good job. Also, as you clearly struggle to read, this isn't a thread on what operating system is superior, its only on file managers, and I use both extensively, so I think the whole "your daddy micros**t" is a touch unfair.

>Filtering me won't save you from your embarrassment.
Yes, I am so embarrassed by making some points about a file manager on an anonymous imageboard.

>It shows ads.
If you scrolled up a couple of replies I quite literally stated that I did not know this was the case and it had never happened to me. Nowhere in what I said did I deny this, I simply said it was easy enough to disable.

I made the point that the RAM usage doesn't matter because its so small. This is also a thread of file managers, so I brought up some of my thoughts on Thunar. Half of those points apply to all file managers anyway.

Hardly a valid argument when it comes to discussing file explorers specifically.

Explorer is the only file manager that can open my 100k pictures folder with previews on AND perform search in it in a couple of seconds. And it's proper search, not some shitty autocomplete.

>So basically you can't back up what you're saying.
I'm saying telemetry is inherently more expensive and I can back it up. I am not going to spoonfeed you while you pretend not to know what telemetry is or does.

>unfair
No, I said file managers, And Micros**t added telemetry into explorer

>some points about a file manager
No, you said you will filter me, which hasn't got anything to do with making points on explorer,

>I can back it up
>doesn't
Well, you've done a fine job convincing me.

>No, I said file managers, And Micros**t added telemetry into explorer
I was referring to the whole "daddy Micros**t" point, but whatever, its hardly relevant.

>It strokes my ego, I put on trip every time I am about to bully a retard online
>disables trip
Ahahahahaha

It's coming in the next update.

That it has thumbnails in the file picker already makes it superior to most GNU software.

That reminds me, another thing I noticed is that you have the full ability to cut, copy paste, rename etc. in the file picker, which is very nice.

?
there is no gnu file manager

I have found out many freetard file managers DO NOT allow you to set view type for individual folders.

So if you have a folder set to thumbnail view, then all the other folders have to as well including documents.

>Well, you've done a fine job convincing me.
Refer back to: I am not going to spoonfeed you while you pretend not to know what telemetry is or does.

If you are resorting to the strategy of pretending telemetry does not exist, you already are desperately grasping on the straws. Sucks being so desperate, right?

tbf windows file explorer right now is leaps ahead in anything linux can offer

but during xp days i hate explorer and i use some alternative

Look, the trip is back! At least be consistent.
I've never pretended telemetry does not exist. You said that it has an impact on resource usage of the file explorer. I said this wasn't the case and told you to provide a source. You've insisted that you can back it up, yet you still haven't. Well done.

Eh no. It's not really explorer tabs. More like "we're tabbing every program we can".

>You said that it has an impact on resource usage of the file explorer
Of course it does, telemetry adds more cpu instructions, uses memory for buffer and uses I/O, which is inherently expensive to your file manager performance. Do you think some magic fairy does these works instead of your computer?

>>find | grep "search"

>people unironically don't know how to use GNU or BSD find in 2018

jesus fuck kids.

teach me senpai!!

Add qttabbar and it might just be usable

other than the literal spyware that it is, most of the costs of it are marginal especially if it defers IO to low priority asynchronous tasks. I mean really.

mywiki.wooledge.org/UsingFind

find args are in it of itself is basically a scripting language.

I really don't get why someone doesn't just make a findscript or something to compliment awk/sed and the other semi useful scripting languages.

>not clover

cp mv mkdir >
everything else is bloat

>50 minutes ago
>Still no reply
Looks like it worked wonders.

is
>find -name "search"
the right way?

it's a way. gnu find also has -regex and an ERE/BRE engine like grep and grep -E as well.

Does it support KIO slaves? Can I access my system settings, sftp, fish, http, man pages and WebDAV from it? Can it rip Audio CDs?

and what if you need to organize large amounts of visual content?

being anti gui is really stupid.

Just use mlocate you literal niggers.

Even if it is async, it's still going to allocate more memory, which is inherently a performance bottleneck

You still haven't provided a source that shows the telemetry in Windows increases the resource usage of the file manager.
What you've said is related to performance, not resource usage, and as said, it would be non-existent anyway.

Imagine trying to samefag that hard. Absolutely pathetic. Not a new IP and a new tripcode. Truly shows you have no arguments.

Attached: 1527999109165.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

>inb4 muh baby duck

Attached: :^).png (95x72, 8K)

>things that never happen if you're not retarded in the first place

You use Terminology, the revolutionary terminal emulator.

t. 19 year old boomer CS dropout

Attached: 1516282194236.png (593x635, 260K)

Do you want me to show you how allocating memory slows down performance? I mean, judging by the fact that you are just a weeb loser it might go way over your head. But I could still try. See the post above you.

>it's still going to allocate more memory

more memory does not mean lower performance. literally wtf? modern explorer is probably some .NET bullshit and if it tried to use less memory it would make it slower, not faster. and I bet the telemetry in it of itself doesn't do shit to memory usage compared to the JIT allocated blob of shit .NET allocates.

I'd rather you to show me this great source of yours that shows how telemetry in Windows is increasing file explorer resource usage, like you said it did, and like you said you could back up.

Attached: 58cafbc03908a.png (215x215, 78K)

>64 posts
>no one has posted the edit yet
shame

Is there anything more pathetic than shilling for Microsoft on vietnamese rice paper drawings board ?

t. retard who can't use shell utilities

If I had it my way I wouldn't use that garbage at all but it's basically my job.

wow cool more terminal bloat bullshit.
what crazy XTerm abortion does it implement to allow you to get thumbnails in your terminal framebuffer? sixel? or is it even worse, some raw framebuffer literally no one will support because they could just spawn their own window?

>the edit
What is this shit?
Post whatever it is, you apeshit.

Huh?

More memory == more heap allocation == performance drops

>use less memory
That's not how garbage collection works, The garbage collector frees the memory time to time, frequently, you use more and release more memory. Both of these tasks are very expensive.

Note how I talk about heap memory, telemetry collects massive amount of data which could easily overflow the stack and crash windows explorer.

>file explorer discussion
>shilling microsoft

use hyper, best terminal emulator out there
hyper.is/
;^)

>Not a new IP and a new tripcode.
Maybe because I made a post in this thread before using my shitpost trip?

read

How is Dolphin shit? As far as I know it has everything a file manager needs.

On Window 8, I had a 3rd party program called Clover that was adding Chrome-like tabs on every Explorer window. Don't know if it works for 10 though.

>Electron-based terminal

Attached: 1527208383533.jpg (600x600, 52K)

embrace the future my man

Wow, meanwhile in Linux-land it's been a thing for almost a decade and a half.

>shitpost trip
>no results on archive
>66198383 and 66198394 a minute apart
You really aren't helping yourself. Now, where's your source again?

>the state of wincuck file manager

Attached: 1497600244165.png (812x761, 59K)

>explorer: 30.9MB
Oh, so the resource usage was actually lower than what I said it was. Thanks for that.

>500MB for file manager
LMAO

Attached: 2017-03-21_184741.jpg (770x495, 122K)

k kid. lets see the "proof" then of your retarded bullshit claims.

it's clear you don't understand JIT at all at this point and you're clearly mentally ill if you think mapping anonymous pages into a process incurs a meaningful performance or resource issue.

This I assume?

Attached: Filepicker.png (742x828, 151K)

>terminal plugin
conemu.github.io/en/InsideParent.html

and still no thumbnails

>You don't need one on Windows.
No, YOU don't need one on windows because you are a pajeet. Everyone who is computer literate would love one because it saves a lot of time.

JIT doesn't make heap allocation cost go away

The only things that makes it good are cmd+shift+g and tabs, everything else is meh.

Maybe, just MAYBE it's because the name implies I shitpost on /v/ and not Jow Forums with this trip until now?

you keep using the word "cost" and I don't think you understand what it means

false

I accept your defeat

>a minute apart
Perfect, the one that triggered your raped bum posted just as I posted.
What now?
What about that 1 minute thing apart?

Attached: Untitled.png (1333x520, 61K)

>he still doesn't use Clover

Attached: 1527160081207.gif (575x420, 507K)

It has thumbnails though

>2017-03-21_184741.jpg
So you're pulling random images from Google now?

Just open cmd or ps up then, as I said. All I said was that there was no _need_ for one. Read.

>I shitpost on /v/
Ahahahaha, sorry for not recognizing your /v/ memes. You really aren't helping yourself much here.

>unironically using 3rd party file manager program

Attached: 1526860228946.gif (680x499, 1.64M)