That unemployed 28 year old boomer who's just starting to learn web development

>that unemployed 28 year old boomer who's just starting to learn web development

Attached: 1edmarch.jpg (484x412, 56K)

You are never too old to learn new things

>tfw unemployed 20 year old lost gen who's just starting to learn web development

EXCUSE ME but I'm actually 26 and gainfully employed part time by Geek Squad.

We aren't boomers fuck you reeeeeeeeeee

Attached: 1486710546917.jpg (788x600, 134K)

>that 40 something gen X that's literally worse than the boomers in every way

>that 24 year old boomer who's learning C++
t. me

>28 yr
>Boomer
I still don't get this stupid meme.

Attached: stop_it.gif (640x322, 1.85M)

what are you making with C++?

Attached: Snap_of_the_Wild.png (1002x665, 1.61M)

Why the fuck would I learn web dev when there's much more money in engineering?

because webdev is software engineering

>that boomer who got a job with no degree or experience, learned everything on the job and got promoted with seniority
>knows he wasn't right for the job when he started so he hires based purely on degrees

>that Gen X who got a job with a degree and no experience, learned everything on the job and got promoted due to seniority
>knows he wasn't good at the job when he first started so refuses to hire anybody without experience

>that millennial who works in customer service, with a degree and multiple certifications
>can';t get an entry level job becasue he doesn't have any experience in the industry

>that millennial with 7 years of university education and 2 degrees who teaches English in China

I'm pretty sure that's not true, but I wouldn't know. I meant more traditional engineering, like EE, which is what I'm studying.

I know there's not that much money in web dev because I know a competent web dev and he doesn't do that well. So have at it, I guess.

>I know there's not that much money in web dev because I know a competent web dev and he doesn't do that well. So have at it, I guess.

this is the most boomer post ever

>that feel when you'll never ride around the world with your qt gf on a qt bike

Fucking living the dream that man is.

>that unemployed 26 year old boomer who's just starting to learn web development
Literally me to be honest

Attached: 1527392737098.jpg (633x758, 67K)

Don't give up. I started when I was 28, now I'm 30 and making 90k

There are posts here every other day with people bitching that Indians are taking all the dev jobs and you really expect me to believe that there's much money there? Yeah, ok user.

sure you are.

So you meant there IS money, but only for indians?
Also I wonder how good is this really competent webdev that can't get a fucking job.

I am. After years of sloth and failure, it's the only reason I haven't killed myself once I turned 29.

Indians are terrible developers, they are retarded and have absolutely no self awareness

Who are you arguing with? You're replying to my posts, but not what I actually wrote.

No one bitches here about an Indian taking their job. It's always a hypothetical Indian taking their theoretical job that would have been theirs.

It's like hipsters and Chad, mostly memes to justify one's own identity as neither.

Given that and the fact that Jow Forums complains constantly about how many there are, I can only conclude that the barrier for entry to a web dev job is low, which means the pay, benefits, and job security are not great. The jobs I can get when I'm done school offer great benefits, a new vehicle every three years, subsidized travel costs, amazing job security, and starting pay that no web dev in this area will ever get.

Remember that the initial comment I made that started this reply chain was asking why I should do web dev when engineering is better.

There are more Indian engineers than webdevs. All those reasons you got meme'd by are the exact reasons why companies started shipping over pajeets by bulk, and why they never and would never bother with webdev.

Just shut up and work

What technologies you're working with now?

Can you rewrite this post in a way that it actually makes sense? Job security is not a reason to bring in Indian workers, just as an example of how incoherent that was.

Beside front end HTML, CSS and JavaScript? Do a lot of Spring Java, Hibernate for SQL, and picking up some Python, C# for some upcoming projects.

It'll make sense once you actually get a job, kid. Don't forget that math degree as a fallback.

You know that trying to make me insecure about my choices isn't going to work if you sound like a retard? I asked you to clarify what you're saying. I don't think you yourself have a good grasp on what it is you're trying to say.

As for your implication about needing a fallback from electrical engineering... There are certain fields that you can't just bring foreign workers over to fill. Traditional engineering jobs fall into that category. Maybe software engineering doesn't have that type of protection and that should, again, tell you something about that field. But no, there isn't a flood of Indians into EE. If that was what you were trying to say. I'm still not sure.

Obviously EE will make you more money and will get you a higher quality job, especially if you are a decent programmer. Can't even compare embedded system developer's job/pay to these shitters defending the merits webdev.

Uhhh what? Just look at any kind of freelancing website, they're completely laden with Indian people. Where that's impossible if you're a real engineer because of things like ITAR which directly stop non-citizens from working on protected projects.

>jobs I can get
>can get
Probably should wait until you're actually secure in a job to talk about job security, especially when it comes to engineering.

Anyway, other user was exaggerating but mostly right. While there isn't a flood of H1B Visas for Electrical Engineers, there's a little more of them than there are for Web Developers. You're confusing webdev for Software Development/Engineering, which is where the bulk of visas go.

>There are certain fields that you can't just bring foreign workers over to fill. Traditional engineering jobs fall into that category.

About 30,000 H1B Visas were issued last year for non-software engineers. There's an entire industry outside of that devoted to outsourcing engineering work, too. Before the software outsourcing boom, traditional engineering was the most commonly outsourced field of work.

Web development pays less on average than electrical engineering, and has harsh competition, but that doesn't make it more susceptible to foreigners. On the contrary, it means companies don't have to go out of their way to find local developers to meet their hiring quotas.

>Where that's impossible if you're a real engineer because of things like ITAR which directly stop non-citizens from working on protected projects.
What makes you think that doesn't apply to software engineering, too? There are a ton of similarly protected jobs in government and defense industries for programmers.

>28 year old boomer

what?

Attached: 1527693398103.jpg (1508x1920, 485K)

and yet here you are, probably 18 and shitposting on Jow Forums

just kys my man

>there isn't a flood of Indians into EE
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Because at 28 y.o it's too late to learn engineering.

>gainfully employed
>part time
>Geek Squad.
doubtful

what engineering? maybe software, but most other engineering pays dogshit.