I'll start:

The internet of things

Attached: IMG_8798.png (290x352, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0FacYAI6DY0
play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Samsung ARTIK Cloud
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

synergy

What's with all these weird-ass boomer memes lately? You never used to see this shit outside of Jow Forums.

Jow Forums is /b/ from 10 years ago.

>muh pol boogeyman

The cloud

>calling every tablet an iPad
>calling SIM cards SD, other way also

I don’t have many other examples actually, besides usual boomer behavior. I worked at Target in mobile department and at least 90% of my audience was these such people signing up for Consumer Cellular. They would always forget their account pin meaning I had to call the carrier to get it. If they really pissed me off I’d tell them they have to first go to their carrier store to get it (lol)

big data

This. The only thing that should be allowed to be called muh cloud is stuff on aws or azure. Your facebook profile is not the cloud. Stop calling everything the cloud.

CODING

"boomer"

content manager system

by all means fuck boomers, but I don't feel like most of the terms in this thread are exclusive to or even derive from them

>cant mention Jow Forums without a poltard spawning out of nowhere
Like pottery

Use to work at walmart in electronics. Most customers called sd cards sim cards. Also calling other stuff by the wrong name.

I need a sim card to add storage to my phone/camera/tablet.
Had a middle aged women that needed a "mini usb card" for her 3d printer. Told her it's a microsd card. Then she said "yes, a mini usb card". I hope that herr 3d printer burned her house down.
I need a zip drive. Sir they don't make zip drives any more. Customer fights with me and describes it. Oh, a flash drive. It's a zip drive and I'm going to keep calling it a zip drive.
Had a customer blow up on me because I told him he needed a lightning cable. He got bent out of shape because he didn't understand what I was saying. So I showed him and said this is a lightning cable. Then he started to yell out "stop using terms that I don't understand.

At this point I'll honestly believe it's paid shills trying to saturate the word boomer. Just from how frequently and nonsensical it has been occurring.

t. 2016 tourist

Is this capypasta? I swear I have read this word for word before...

Internet
UseNET
Unix
world wide web

>All this 20-year old boomer COPE

Attached: boomer.jpg (250x229, 8K)

disruptive

Attached: raid support.jpg (1440x1500, 611K)

Artificial intelligence and machine learning

'''''Cloud'''''

youtube.com/watch?v=0FacYAI6DY0

>I need a zip drive.
desu zip drives were really good

computer

*click* *click* *click*

>stop using terms I don't understand
this gave me all sorts of flashbacks to my childhood
>mom, looks like you'll have to order an Ethernet cable off of ebay or something
>cue 5 minutes of her yelling at me for "getting all technical on her" and how I'm "such a know it all"
>just plainly say "okay, the internet cable. just go on amazon and search "internet cable" and order it please" (no sarcasm, no attitude)
>STOP BEING CONDESCENDING (cue 5 minutes about how i need to respect her as a parent)
or when she tried her damnedest to make it seem like I knew nothing about technology
>mom i fixed your mp3 player
>looks at me with smug shit eating grin
>"actually, honey, it's an ipod, and if you knew anything about technology you'd know that. not as smart as you think, huh?"
>mom, it's not even made by Apple
>"does it matter? jeez user, always have to be so specific about stuff. you don't always have to be right, you know"
it's funny because i really didn't care when I was wrong and would just say "my bad" and look up the solution or try something else, but when she was wrong she would backpedal at light speed to try to make it seem like everyone else was wrong and then sometimes throw a shitfit about it
were anyone elses moms like this?

Attached: huuuu.gif (320x240, 649K)

smartphone

Christ this. It isn't 2007 anymore. It's just a phone. They're all just phones. There isn't a fucking thing that's smart about them anymore.

Holy shit your mom's a bitch
As a parent I'm sorry you had to deal with that

hating boomers brings us together. left, right, we all know they ruined everything, even if we disagree on the particulars.

>mentioning pol in every thread totally means I hate pol

And then millennials copy and paste a good thing into oblivion.

lol that makes me shudder to this day

How long will the boomer wars last?

I used to work in a similar store selling video games, movies, 'electronics', etc. Half of my job was running the photo printers. Orders were sent from these shitty windows touch screen thin clients through an application that holds your hand during the entire placement process. You could plug in your removable media and the application would automatically display any supported image formats in a 4x3 grid separated by pages.
Now tell me why the fuck you would decide to bring your phone with all of your nudes on it, plug it into one of these giant touch screen displays made for toddlers, and get surprised when the entire store sees you in a jpeg fully nude with a hairbrush in your ass?
We would also get loads of dirty looking guys in their 40s with 50+ pictures of their wives getting pissed on or worse. They would haul ass through the front doors once they realized that a kid two aisles away just saw the mother of this guy's child getting a moneyshot in a night club bathroom.
People would also blame you for suggesting they buy the lightning cable for their iPhone because it was $10 more expensive (and a different manufacturer) than the micro USB type A cable, and buy that instead, only to return it the next day because "the guy at the counter back there suggested it even though it doesn't fit!"
Fuck these jobs.

Attached: 1526351558125.png (576x597, 60K)

Attached: pol pol pol.jpg (816x1356, 378K)

I wouldn't mess with boomers, knowing they can kick my ass and all that

Attached: 00b65eb754651df62543bbd31639eec2--red-kangaroo-body-builders.jpg (435x580, 38K)

>Now tell me why the fuck you would decide to bring your phone with all of your nudes on it, plug it into one of these giant touch screen displays made for toddlers, and get surprised when the entire store sees you in a jpeg fully nude with a hairbrush in your ass?
Holy shit, that sounds both hilarious and horrifying as fuck. These kind of stories remind me why I'm ok with being the paranoid fuck I am of anyone going anywhere close to any of my devices, even when many of those times I don't have anything compromising there.

UUCP
VAXen
OS/2
PC-compatible
DECnet
Token Rings
nnrpd
ANSI art

>working in a computer repair shop in 2011
>we did all kinds of repairs, including phones and tablets
>guy brings in an iPhone 4 and says it's not turning on
>ask what happened to it, says he didn't know
>say okay, thinking the battery as just fucked or something
>try charging it, nothing happens
>decide to open it up and connect a charged battery
>as I pull the glass back off the smell really hits me
>I'm a heavy smoker with no sense of taste and smell this made my eyes water a little
>coworker walks over and joking says "hey man did you shit yourself"
>tell him it's coming from the inside of the phone
>take all the parts and just toss them in a bag
>call the guy to pick it up
>when he arrives we tell him we can't fix it and that the smell was horrible
>ask what really happened
>he admits that he dropped it a portapotty and tried washing it off
>hand him the bag, tell him the phone is ruined and to call Apple
>run to the sink to wash my hands

Attached: 127573382.jpg (600x350, 32K)

bump

Your mom sounds like a bitch, trying to so hard to be better than her little kid

Unix

Referring to storage space as memory.

open source
closed souce

agile
market
solutions
ecosystem

Rape and murder your mom pls

desu I sort of think that the whole "stop being smart and speaking smart words" thing is by dumb people. like legit dumb and not only tech illiterate. I have the same thing, use a too complex words accidentally and then brainless without university get mad.

"app"

Lost

Attached: 1516712498341.gif (400x204, 44K)

Also when there's a loading screen, saying that "the computer is thinking"

pottery?

YOUR MOM DESERVES D E A T H

Blockchain (it's a fucking linked list)
Cloud

This hit me in the true feels

>you posted this, thus perpetuating it

suck on my fat Jow Forums

>boomers using techical terms at all

>speech and human interaction

idk but it's fucking annoying, also nobody knows what a boomer is anymore. people confuse gen x with boomers for some reason, i.e. gen y complaining about their boomer parents

my guess is that Jow Forums is full of imbeciles

>connect me to the wifi
>Mom, we have a wired connection
>Well why can I connect to our internet when I go out
>That's not our internet
>There is more than one internet?
Every week.

Jow Forums have different definitions for Boomer than say Jow Forums or /b/.
I'd argue it's more of a problem of boomers not having a set definition

>The internet of things
nice shit, free server to store you data
play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Samsung ARTIK Cloud

Do you take free candy from beater vans too? How do you suppose that product makes money?

>>mom i fixed your mp3 player
>>"actually, honey, it's an ipod"
>>mom, it's not even made by Apple
I'm fucking dead

Information Superhighway
DSL
Mainframe/Micro/Mini Computer
Floppy Drive

some companis sell some product and become addicted to some service

I like the first term, but only cause it reminds me of cyberpunk lore

lol'd
What's wrong with floppy d-disk drive d-diskette floppy diskette drive disk computer viruses disk drive diskettes?

boomer totally has a set definition, the "baby boom" happened at the end of WW2. add 25 years to that since that's the average age at which people have children afaik and the boomer age ranges from 1945-1970

>That 20 year old boomer who thinks 'boomer' is some new term

It's just interesting from a history perspective that the most evil time in the US's history is when boomers were the voting public.

30 year old boomer and brainlet wojaks in general make me laugh my fucking ass off and I don't care

Attached: 1527981950878.png (1868x1140, 644K)

i think it’s an /o/ meme that started with /o/tists noticing BOOMERS selling rusted out shitty corvettes “no lowballers”

Yes, that's the literal definition, but we don't live in the age where definitions are set in stone.
See, literally in the dictionary.

give me a reason why the meaning should change. you can't just say the sky is no longer blue because lol life isn't black and white

no. Jow Forums is normalfag central. even /b/ nowadays still has guro.

Longtime /o/ lurker, can confirm that the first time I saw “boomer” used in a meme context was around 2011 in the “no lowballers” piece of shit rust bucket 70s muscle car Craigslist ad threads.

We’re sorry for what we’ve foisted on the rest of you.

I know this feel, user. At least my mom knows she's tech illiterate. She'd never be dumb enough to pull the mp3/ipod shit. "Better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"

I'm not arguing against it, I believe in fact that definitions should be set in stone, but for fucks sake man, the definition of literally in the dictionary now includes "to mean not in a literal sense"

til one of us is dead

I know this feel all to well user. My mother was the exact same way about everything.

Cry me a river.

Attached: IMG_20180228_214845.jpg (3120x4160, 1.91M)

Ahhahaaaha

The whole fucking joke about the boomer meme is that it's missing the original definition

women are petty and disgusting creatures that always need to appear right and perfect, nothing matters except immediate petty gratification

saved

It's ok dude. Jow Forumstards have adopted it and raised it as their own.

Also saved

is this where we come up with redundant names for technological things in order to justify our jobs to the marketing fags so that we somehow sound kewl and hip and 'progressive' in 2018?

i heard some old dude's talking at my work the other day and one said "have you heard of 'in app purchases?'"

Kek

Blockchain

It's a stale old meme the CIA forced about four months ago after a few threads hit too close to home. So now every 100% verifiable conspiracy is just boomerposting.

Godspeed, brothers

Attached: 1523735138772.png (817x443, 34K)

fuck this shit

That's millennial shit though.

What is wrong with calling storage space, memory? You clearly aren't refering to random access memory.

this