/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: motorola-moto-g5-plus-1.jpg (660x610, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/Honor-Smartphone-Touch-Display-interner-Frontkamera-Glacier-Grey/dp/B07CN24WB3
m.clove.co.uk/nokia-8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZyWX6CjJCIU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for huge batteries

Attached: NdmJX6z[1].png (1080x2160, 79K)

posted in the last thread but,

is there a way to update the screen firmware on a custom rom? I just installed Resurrection Remix on my phone and it works fine, except every touch is inverted. This happened before when I rooted it on the stock rom, and I was able to fix it by putting one of those samsung codes into the dialer. but now I don't have any access to those. is there like an apk or something I could download?

Where can you get this in Hungary fuck

Attached: huawei-honor-10-.jpg (160x212, 9K)

it's a galaxy s6 btw

amazon?

Amazon only exists in Germany and the UK.

Nope you literally cant get one outside the UK in europe

It's avaliable in every elektromarket in Poland

Shit camera btw

>Miuishit

just bought a redmi note 4x
how badly did i fuck up

notchlets BTFO

Attached: LG V35.jpg (1013x856, 105K)

>ThinQ
Can it take over your house soon?

Shame, costs a fortune

Not in Serbia or Hungary

pixel 2 or xz premium?

I'm fucking retarded
Apparently I flashed twrp and rom for galaxy S6 edge instead of galaxy S6

>*bootloops on your path*

So what was the general reaction here for the Mi 8 SE. Thinking of getting a red one so it looks less like an ishit X, at least the back,sigh.

Pixel 2

>there are people that aren't on the latest version of pure stock android
:^)

Attached: n8s.png (1440x2560, 148K)

Most items on German Amazon ship to all of Europe, just get it from there
amazon.de/Honor-Smartphone-Touch-Display-interner-Frontkamera-Glacier-Grey/dp/B07CN24WB3

I'm thinking about getting the Pixel 3. Is there any other phone thats already out or coming out soon that I should consider?

Amazon.de röhögve kihozza hamarabb mint a magyar posta 5 extra shekelért

Pixel 2 xl or just wait for 3

If the Pixel 3 has a notch I'm getting the Note 9 or wait for Nokia to release a phone with the 845.

3 XL will have notch
3 won't

Mmmm

Attached: Screenshot_20180604-120204.png (1152x2048, 199K)

*teleports behind you*
>nice notch kid
*blinds you with OLED display*
>I guess one could say
*blasts you with high quality audio*
>you lack reach

I've been using an ASUS Zenfone Laser with LineageOS and MicroG for two years now. It's hella comfy. The only thing I miss is Pokémon GO, thanks to the cunts at Google and their bullshit Safety Net.

why oh why did I have to buy this piece of shit?
when it bootlooped warranty took care of it but now that its out I am fucked

Attached: res_b3956d63050b09588479d15e30a23e80_full[1].jpg (2000x2000, 683K)

Poland too I remember my girlfriend said something about Amazon being in Poland.

Is the 1st gen Pixel XL still worth getting these days? I keep seeing them offered as deals in the $400-ish range.

What is this voltage demon ?

Nowhere Hungary gets only Huawei phone. You have to order it from AliExpress

>Order from Amazon
>Pay the stock price
Or
>Order from Chinkland
>Save 100-250 euros
Or
>Buy locally
>Pay 50-100 extra but get 2

Attached: 1525020759329.gif (500x713, 684K)

This looks awful

Attached: redmi6.jpg (800x448, 22K)

Energizer p16k
Where in the fuck do you buy one?

>Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2018, Q3

how do i use a phone thats not sony, samsung, or apple in japan?

Plugged it in my PC to unlock the bootloader.

Attached: unknown[1].png (823x566, 25K)

>but get 2

Attached: doubt.png (300x162, 29K)

Are skins good and/or better than a case?
What you recommend?
What site do you recommend?

I've found girldecal but I'm not a girl(yet)

You should've sold it after the first bootloop, mine never did but I still got rid of it when it was nearing its second year.

Just get the mi8se ?

Finland

Skins inherently provide less protection than a case. They protect against scratches, but provide no protection against any sort of impact whatsoever.

As for what I'd recommend, I've had a decalgirl skin on my PSP ever since I got it 8 years ago which has held up quite well over the years so I'd personally be pretty confident in the quality of their skins. It has some scuff marks and minor scratches from use, but that's it.

Other than that, dbrand seems to be pretty widely recommended as well. No personal experience with those here, but I've never heard anything bad about them.

I also wanted to get those but you can't custumize much...
And I've heard they use carbon fibre or whatever.
Does girl do the same?
Thanks btw

>Does girl do the same?
Back when I got mine, they used vinyl. I have no idea if they're still using that or if they've gone over to a different material.

>2 usb c ports
>512gb storage
>headphone jack
>no notch
>dual speakers
Is this the new /g phone?

Attached: Asus-ROG-Phone-Gaming-Smartphone-.png (690x402, 237K)

Is there any phone larger than the mi max yet? I know thats essentially tablet tier but i need band 28 and all.

Just grab a mate 10 pro or view 10 on hardverapro you dumb fuck.

Tablets with lte?

and price? $2000?

Not announced i expect it to be around 800$ for the 128gb

Is iphone 6s still good in 2015+3

180€ nokia 6.1 (new)
y/n?

Yes it's arguably the best iphone

Y

Damn, and I thought my phone was ugly because it's golden. That some next level 00s alienware-tier ugliness.
Why cant we have those specs on something that resembles the old Moto X2?

Idc about looks desu, stop being a girl

stop being a child

is the nokia 6.1 good ?
I won't spend more than 275€ on a smartphone.
What are some equivalent or better smartphones for the same price or under ?

Isn't the nokia 7 that much?

>chooses form form over function

Nokia 7 have a 6" screen. I want to stay under 5.5"

Guys what OS+Kernel can I install on my Leeco Le S3 x626? and how do I create my own custom gapps to go with my new OS?

Nokia 8?

A 18:9 6 inch(7+) screen is equivalent to a 5.5inch 16:9 (6.1)

This too

Why cant we have both?
Right now you can't get a decent phone without a huge screen, gimmick features (camera bump for example) or missing basic stuff like a fucking headphone jack.
Wish Lenovo copied Apple and make something like a Moto X SE. Really miss having a powerful rugged phone that fits in one hand and has high end hardware. The DAC in those old Motos was awesome, my dads old X2 still sounds better than most phones I owned since 2016

>600€
That's more than twice what I want to spend on a smartphone.
My old moto G4 is getting old now and did the job for more than 3 years for only 180€...

This is as close to perfect as we get or the new xz1 or 2 apple really killed the market

m.clove.co.uk/nokia-8
Look around although 7+ is still an option

youtube.com/watch?v=ZyWX6CjJCIU
at this point might as well play on console/pc

Hows the new line of samsungs, looking the the note 8 or the s9+

>Why cant we have both?
I phones

what the fug

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-04-23-50-37-543_com.google.android.youtube.png (1080x1920, 1.24M)

Maa chod donga

I found the moto G5s at 150€, I'll go with this one I think. It seems pretty good for the price.
Thx anyway.

May as well give this a shot:

Friend needs a new phone to replace his smashed up old iPhone 5S. He's looking to go unlocked and his maximum budget is $450 or so, but less is better. His carrier is AT&T. Android is fine, but reputable brands that can be bought locally are preferred, and it needs to be a phone with current Android support and no rooting fuckery or anything. (So probably not a chinkphone.)

Other priorities include relative durability (doesn't have to be "rugged" but maybe something without a glass back?), good speakers, and preferably a headphone jack.

GUYS!!!

Xda also you can install varying version of g apps on open g apps

Watercooled gaming smartphone when? With RGB ofc

Attached: phonefan.jpg (1013x641, 45K)

Madar chod kutta

Its more like 300€ with european warranty here. Then again its 330€ on amazon

Doesnt look too bad, best internals around, nice battery, dock to become a pc, seems pretty good

Not something id use but i can see the appeal

Wat

Attached: 1522602064385.jpg (1024x682, 190K)

OG MotoG reportin. Does all I need but the camera is inadequate.
Whats the best cam in a phone money can buy in 2018? The Pixel2 seems to have the least post processing, but I don't like the phone overall.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-04-12-41-39.png (1280x720, 82K)

I'm about to pre-order a HTC U12+, am I retarded?

My Galaxy S7 just blew itself up, woke me from a half drunk doze, flames and spitting shit, the whole shebang. Anyone got any advice for dealing with Samsung in order to get a new one/some sort of compensation? Got it in Nov 2016 so not ages ago, in NZ for reference. Wasn't on charge either, the fuckin smell of burning li-ion and circuit board has had me sleeping in the lounge for the last few nights

Attached: 1527596491910.jpg (1010x897, 68K)

I'm from Spain, I'm looking for a decent mobile around 200 euros preferably from amazon

S9+ im pretty sure, camara might be a bit worse than pixel 2 but the sesign is much better, with the newest adreno and snapdragon. But the primary camera does have a 1.5f though

why not just get the oneplus6?
what does the htc12+ offer to you over that?
I think it's a better screen but that's about it.

they did what everyone thought Razer would do but they actually got good specs. Razer should take notes but keep their normal phone looks and they would win

there are no 'goty' smartphone honestly right now, each and every one of them have something about them that you're not gonna like

the pixel 3 small is our only hope

So I just got a job in IT Advisory & Risk Assurance with some big guys pic related.

I need to replace my ancient blackberry and I don't even know where to begin with what I should be considering.

I'm sure there's some of you working in similiarish fields like info security/cybersecurity, any recommendations?

Attached: the-big-four[1].jpg (660x378, 26K)

Clove.co.uk should ship everywhere in europe, it’s a good store.

no.
slow as shit and not waterproof.

>the pixel 3 small is our only hope
Knowing Google, it will most likely exclude a micro SD card slot and a 3.5mm jack just like the previous models. Hardly the only hope. And of course Samsung has the edge gimmick and ridiculous pricing.

Op6 or 5t