OH NO NO NO NO NO

videocardz.com/newz/jensen-huang-next-geforce-is-a-long-time-from-now

>What the conference has confirmed is that NVIDIA is not even ready to talk about the new series yet. Any question about the next installment in GeForce portfolio has been met with a laugh and no definite answer from Jensen

Attached: Nvidia_(logo).svg.png (1280x1024, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/76350/nvidia-teases-next-generation-mainstream-gpu-for-hot-chips-30
youtube.com/watch?v=p32b5nNq1zw
developer.nvidia.com/jetson-xavier
s2018.siggraph.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect
anandtech.com/show/12579/big-volta-comes-to-quadro-nvidia-announces-quadro-gv100
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Be Nvidia
>Have literally no competitor in the enterprise segment because CUDA.
>Our only competitor in the gaming market released vegapoo and it sucks so bad it's only use is in the hands of boomers trying to become bilionaires with ponzi scheme coins.
Why release a new one when there's nothing to take their profits away? They became a monopoly, it's ogre son.

They're trying to overtake the data centre market as well, these days, competing against Intel.

THIS
it's sad, but it's smart business

This is AMD's fault.
Some government agency needs to step in and hand out licenses to a few more companies because it's obvious that AMD isn't doing shit with them.
Maybe Intel hiring Raja will fix this mess but I fear he's making a laptop GPU.

Attached: 1465214730805.jpg (800x747, 128K)

So I guess its safe to buy a 1080ti now?

Is the GPU market as deadlocked as CPU?
>literally need two licenses to build modern x86 CPUs
>one from Intel
>one from AMD

you don't need anything above 1080 for next 5 years

No, Jen-Hsun is just playing coy because he wants to avoid the Osborne Effect

We all know Nvidia next-gen is launching soon

videocardz.com/76350/nvidia-teases-next-generation-mainstream-gpu-for-hot-chips-30

No but all of its patent holders are assholes and refuse to license their IP to anyone.
PowerVR being the biggest.

Attached: 1452799646487.jpg (1097x550, 125K)

He literally said "gamers should buy GTX 1080 Ti ASAP"
That's kinda desperate and embarassing. Do they have such a huge inventory hangover after the cryptoshit bubble?

Attached: fatepalm.jpg (500x500, 61K)

youtube.com/watch?v=p32b5nNq1zw

This is the future we choose
This is what happen when monopoly wins

Attached: 1524112838005.jpg (495x600, 37K)

>CUDA
This, this is the biggest reason why they're so big. It doesn't even matter that they provide OpenCL support implemented on top of CUDA, even in their old hardware because so much depends on their proprietary API.
You forgot to mention their crap drivers and no regard for standards when it comes to GNU/Linux, though. Intel seems to be the best GPU vendor nowadays.

They is also GPU shortage of some kind, I do not remeber where I read it, and they also replaced GTX1050Ti chip with a bigger one with same specs (more disabled blocks).

It's not AMDs fault that miners are buying up all their cards.
If it wasn't for mining, Polaris and Vega would put a lot of pressure on all Nvidia cards except the 1080ti

>Intel seems to be the best GPU vendor nowadays.
Cannot be better than AMD. Intel's shit was proprietrary for long time.

Not suprising, since there is no possible advancement in current level of technology. Give it 10-15 years. Right now only thing you can hope for is different number on the box, but performance will be the same.

>Intel's shit was proprietrary
Their linux drivers are 100% libre software and perform well, it can't get better than this.

I'll wait, fuck you nvidia.

Last two gens were huge jumps, I think it's too early to call stagnation. Soon, but not yet.

Still happy with my 4GB 960. I haven't encountered any game that give it problems at 1080p, and most work respectably at 1440p too. I don't think I'll upgrade until I get either a 4K monitor or a VR headset.

Kinda glad actually, I've got a 1080TI and no reason to upgrade.

A long period where this is effectively a top tier card would be pretty nice. I'm not to a point where I need anymore power nor am I tired of the kinds of visuals it can produce. If anything it'd probably be pretty nice if this series of cards just remains the benchmark for a few more years. Maybe this will give AMD a chance to catch up. It won't, but hey, wishful thinking.

>Last two gens were huge jumps,
Actually, a consistent 20 to 30% with each generation.
They seem to be pulling an Intel, but at a more subtle level and with even less chance of getting a Ryzen-type awakening.

yer people who think 9series and 10series where huge jumps are just new to high end gaming. the last big jump in GPU was in 2007-2008 and that was also the last big point of cpu beside maybe 2011.

Please I have been waiting since the start of the year for the next series
I need to upgrade but I don't want to go for a 1080 Ti when I could get far superior technology so soon.

Blame AMD
They released essentially nothing so Nvidia can take all the time they want for their next release

Why wait for next gen when next next gen is right around the corner

developer.nvidia.com/jetson-xavier

>PCIe
>5x 16GT/s gen4 controllers | 1x8, 1x4, 1x2, 2x1

Next-gen Nvidia GPUs might support PCIe 4.0

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

AMD are in a better position now than they have been in years in terms of graphics card market share. You'd have to be literally retarded to think that anybody's going to step in to break up Nvidia's "monopoly" when AMD currently have 35% of the market, if they didn't when AMD were way further off. Nobody gives a shit WHO the cards are being sold to, because that's irrelevant.

Attached: Add-in-Board-GPU-Market-Share-2002-to-Q1-2018.png (1464x555, 82K)

this hurts the me

For that guy who was telling me their August Hot Chips presentation did not mean a September at best release,
and we were getting "Turing/Ampere" in July,

Ha, hahaha, Hahahahahaha,
Eat shit kid

Support for Next Gen PCIe begin in hands Intel and AMD

He’s not wrong tho
Just a different july

You're wrong, it will be July

Siggraph is in August and Nvidia wants to replace the 2 year old Quadro P5000 with next-gen GPU by then

s2018.siggraph.org/

Keep on being an ignorant clueless brainlet that don't know how to read between the lines :^)

>tfw scooped up an evga 1080 when they were in stock.
>tfw my dad (he's into tech just as much as me) convinces me that the 1180s are coming out soon
>tfw took back the 1080
>tfw have to use my 760
>tfw life is suffering

Attached: 1515416137612.png (496x496, 123K)

>all those delusional niggers who refused to buy a 1080 Ti because "the 1180 is right around the corner"
Enjoy another year of "making do" with your 770 while I enjoy my card, dumbasses. :^)

Attached: coffee instant.jpg (240x280, 18K)

nVidia is doing this the right way, better give AMD time to catch up than put out new GPU that would destroy AMD as a whole.

And this my friends is why monopoly is BAD.
Our only hope is for Intel to buy AMD gpu's division.

I love AMDrones delusional posts like these

Attached: 1491349550203.jpg (552x661, 71K)

There isn't GPU monopoly that is the point with this shit.

>Intel seems to be the best GPU vendor nowadays

>dropped GT1 Haslel Vulcan and OpenCL out of thin air
"no"

It may not be a monopoly in legal terms, but everyone knows that AMD's gpu division is totally incompetent.

I own an Nvidia card, you halfwit. It is quite literally a fact that AMD are in a better position in the graphics card now than they have been in years due to the mining boom. You can kick and scream and bury your head in the sand all you like, but it's not going to change anything. Enjoy posting your memes.

Attached: muh amd.png (2560x1440, 374K)

Glad I got my 1080 oc then

Attached: 1527613660223.gif (200x150, 1.59M)

I've bought a 1070 in February 2017

:)

fucking cheap chink company

Got my 1080 for 500usd shipped brand new mid last year lul

Attached: 1527674154538.jpg (555x407, 26K)

The fact they're buying GDDR6 in mass quantities already says that Huang is lying. There is also the fact that Nvidia has no financial incentive to undercut current Pascal sales by informing of impending GPU releases

And who's going to start from the ground up and put NVIDIA on it's knees? Samsung, Qualcomm and similar big ones who could already try it have no intention to do so (probably because they know they'd have to invest more than their entire net worth into it to just try and fail eventually) and are focused chiseling the GPU market where NVIDIA isn't completely dominant (yet). Unless some new low-cost, high efficiency, high yield technology completely different from the current GPUs while being more-than-suitable for gaymin, rendering or hyper-computing (even just one of them would be able to take a significant portion out of NVIDIA's dominance) gets discovered by someone who's not willing to just sell all rights to NVIDIA and shoosh, we're bound to a monopoly.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

All the faggots here don't understand Osborne effect

WAITFAGS BTFO

This is actually hilarious

>lul
?

I believe this individual is expressing humour, user

>between the lines
Right in your face, nerd.
The next top end Quadro series is a card we already have. Testing, driver qualification, validation takes months. The Titan-V derived Quadros are next up.

We won't see next gen consumer GPUs for a few months. September 17th is the earliest I'll put money on, more likely the end of that month, with 3rd party cards in November.

>gpuless_skeletons.jpg

It's not like they can't lap up a 1080ti right now anyways, fag. That's why waiting is smarter.

Are you fucking retarded?

Quadro GV100 launched 3 months ago

anandtech.com/show/12579/big-volta-comes-to-quadro-nvidia-announces-quadro-gv100

Fuck off and drop dead, clueless ignorant brainlet

I speculate that:
A)Nvidia started producing more silicon
B)Partners started buying more silicon

And now NVIDIA is trying to avoid burning them since demand for cards hadn't returned to the point that it was pre-cryptoboom and now they're all overstocked. It makes sense, a lot of people discouraged by high prices opted for a console or a less-optimal GPU option, forward looking consumers were speculating on a consistent release pattern and expecting new releases.

Attached: Söze.png (609x357, 341K)

Nvidia is merely trying to conduct massive damage control after the presentation at Hot Chips in August was announced. They want to throw water on the situation and limit the Osborne Effect so that the current GPUs currently on sale will sell out ensuring that everyone will be buying the new GPUs when they release.

Reminder that you could have bought a 1080 for $450 last year. Waitfags can suck it.

Haha. Keep telling yourself that, you delusional faggot. I've been enjoying my 1080 Ti for over a year already whilst you fags have been saying "j-j-j-j-JUST WAIT!!!" And it hasn't dropped in value at all during that year. I could sell it today for what I paid for it if I wanted to.

Enjoy never having nice things because you're always waiting for something better to come along. :^)

Attached: legos.jpg (836x1010, 325K)

Brainlet here. Why can't some Chinese company steal their tech and produce cards for cheaper?

Kinda believe both of these are in point. And without a real challenge they can keep comfortably doing this.

Good, I hope AMD doesn't hurry with their chips. Fuck gamers.

Pretty much this. My R9 290x is playing AAA titles above 100fps no sweat at 1080p ultra settings

Because reverse engineering is not as easy as you think it is.

That's what I was guessing, thanks.

Enjoy having paid $300 extra for a GPU that will be inferior in every facet for not waiting.

P.S.: I have a 970 and run 1080, so I'm not suffering in the least.

meanwhile we have 4k, true-hdr, 144hz monitor and no gpu to handle him
what a timeline

Attached: ASUS-ROG-Swift-PG27UQ-1-990x705[1].jpg (990x705, 73K)

good. I just bought a 1080ti and it's more than fine for any game.

Literally, too. DP1.4 requires DSC at 4k@144hz which is garbage in one way or another. HDMI2.1 can push it, though, but still there are no cards with it. And actually getting the FPS in most games to push 144hz is a joke. But lets face it, 60hz/fps is fine for SP games.

And they wouldn't be able to sell a product with a long list of blatant IP violations in the West anyway.

>Hope there's a timeline where they still exist.

Never owned one by them but still would be nice.

Attached: 3dfx_logo.jpg (344x271, 50K)

Attached: 180px-FermiLiftoff.jpg (180x273, 10K)

Some of this is because of the freaking crazy prices though not necessarily just waiting for a better card, we want fucking CHEAPER cards. God damn memecoin miners ruined card prices.

>please buy our stock we over produced during the crypto mining boom

>3.5GB cuck card talking about someone else wasting their money
Haha, this level of delusion! I'll be upgrading to the 1180 Ti when it comes out, and will have been enjoying 1080 Ti performance for a couple of years at that point (at 1440p/165Hz, fucking lmbo at 1080p in current year).

Enjoy being a smart goy and waiting for your scraps. :^)

his has little to do with AMD.
they just ordered a new batch of pascal from tsmc to normalize stocks against miners and pent up demand and they want to clear out the inventories before even teasing their next gpus in fear hurting current sales even if negligibly.

0/10
Don't lose your facade and become so transparent next time.

Attached: 1506313782572.jpg (468x287, 30K)

the best indicator for the next gen cards will when we start seeing real clearance sales from the big retailers. While they're still selling gpus like hotcakes for above msrp there's absolutely no incentive to release a new line. They're in it for the money, not to make your games run better - even after considering the fact that they're most likely not only holding new fully functional and deployable gpus but they're probably at their second optimization revision before release already... there's that silver lining at least.

Is this the worst period for waitfags in history? It's probably the longest GPU "generation" ever, with 3 year old cards still holding value and nothing new in sight still. Plus DDR4 prices, my 16GB RAM has literally doubled in value.

>Next-gen Nvidia GPUs might support PCIe 4.0
who cares about a bus

People who actually have workloads that involve moving data around.

bring back that whole nineties gang, less than 12 companies leads to stagnation

so not GeForce market
kthxbye

Well, the link in the post you replied to was for Jetson Xavier......

kek, who cares when they can't do placebo mpv and can't play gaymes?

waitfags don't deserve any better

>t-they will r-release them in a-august
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
This is the future you chose. Now to wait for Vega 7nm or Navi and hope they at least give better competition to Pascal.

Attached: everybody despair.jpg (500x342, 55K)

>wait for Vega 7nm or Navi
sounds good my old 670 can keep chugging along not buying a new nvidia until they stop cockblocking PCIE passthrough/virtual machines

I'll wait for amd's computex event, if there will be some sort of surprise announcement specifically for new consumer graphics cards. It probably won't. And I'll pull the trigger on a new (old) gpu as soon as mama Lisa leaves the stage. I just can't wait any longer.

Correct

the new segment of nvidia cards will be mcm just like amd is planning since 2014
if they arent ready to showcase their product already when they clearly said that they will this year shit is about to hit the fan

>have 650Ti Boost
>waiting for new cards
>waiting for new cards
>waiting for new cards
>....
should I just buy a 1050 or something while I'm waiting? Or should I just stick it out?

NVIDIA WAIT™ Technology
>it's a feature!

they literally tried the same shit as nvidia
problem is when they did try it the competition was very much alive

some decades later
nvidia tries the same bullshit
amd had the worst possible ceo up untill 2014 literally making decisions that defied logic such as removing culling from the first gcn cards to save "money"
nvidia streamrolled with gameworks
ex amd ceo works for dell IP department that handles intel and nvidia chips

gee who would have thought of that

try to grab a 1050Ti for $150-$160 if you even play games that need an upgrade over a 650Ti

there's never been a worse time to buy a graphics card