just what have i gotten myself into, Jow Forums

Attached: Capture.gif (508x77, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK470669/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can you give us a bit of backstory?

>want to start a career in software development
>see this subtle foreshadowing that my eyes are going to get fucked
Anyone here who worked in the field at least since 5 years? Did your eyesight really go down the gutter?

There is no evidence to suggest eyesight is affected by computer usage. It's purely genetic. People have been losing eyesight for millenia.

This is partially incorrect. How much you stayed inside as a kid and somewhat as you age has a substantial effect on how nearsighted you are. It is not just a meme that people with glasses are nerds.

One way this was demonstrated was with identical twins.

Wrong.

Anyone not wearing glasses is probably not a good dev.

The thing is that people who stare at the computer for longer also usually get less sunlight. The lack of sunlight is the problem.

Try again.
> ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK470669/
> Thus, the underlying cause of spontaneous-onset myopia is most likely to be a combination of genes and environmental triggers

Attached: 898877.jpg (601x508, 31K)

>Environmental triggers
Like staring at the computer screen all night?

Attached: myopia-Image004.jpg (800x534, 43K)

Correlation does not imply causation.

Read the link. It addresses this.

Never said it did. Explain where/how implied or based my assumption on it.

I literally got that image from the link.

>nerds stayed indoors
>nerds are nearsighted

Global warming is an hoax
Jet fuel can't melt steel beams

Didn't say it wasn't from the link.
Again, you brainlet
> Read the link. It addresses this.

To you,
> Read the link. It addresses this.

I just read the link and, in fact, it does completely the opposite.

It literally says that there might be a correlation. It says nothing about being indoors causing nearsightedness.

Try harder, you flaming faggot.

>environmental factors are powerful modifiers of eye growth, and they may override genetic predispositions

I have had shit sight since birth, is it because I sat inside womb for 9 months?

Yes, you fucking nerd. Dwelling inside your mothers basement.

Nice strawman.

> In recent years, spending time outdoors has been reported to reduce the risk of developing myopia, and this effect does not seem to be dependent on the amount of physical activity

>eye growth

Good thing he's an adult then

Nice bait.

> Human trials investigating the effects of high-intensity outdoor light on myopia prevention have so far been very promising. Sending children outdoors is by far the least invasive treatment-option currently available. In countries where the intensity of outdoor light is generally lower, because of air pollution or short duration of natural daylight – such as Canada or Scandinavia in the winter, or Beijing year-around – sunlight therapy could be supplemented in the form of SAD lights (approved and used for Seasonal Affective Disorder), which have an output of ~2,000-10,000 lux and are sold to combat depressive symptoms brought on by seasonal affective disorder. This alternative will become even more attractive, when the spectral region responsible for myopia-prevention in primates has been identified.

Nice strawman I never claimed near-sightedness is purely environmental. The person I replied to
> It's purely genetic
It's not. I am promoting the less extreme position that it is both.

Daily reminder chromatic aberration affects eye growth, daily reminder polycarbonate lenses produce terrible CA which negatively affects vision giving you a reason to keep buying new glasses and continously support the big optic business