2018 and their business model is still based on stealing better code?

2018 and their business model is still based on stealing better code?

Attached: code_thief.png (432x594, 202K)

If you can't beat 'em
Buy 'em.

/thread

Stealing better code is oversimplifying the issue. All big companies buy smaller companies to stay relevant. This is true of Amazon (elastic graphics and the g2 instance types were from another company for instance, twitch, etc), this is true of Google, this is true of all large companies- not just tech.

Furthermore, this comes at a time where, organizationally, MSFT is prepared to leverage this heavily internally. MS has spent years converting their internal build systems off of legacy version control and onto something git based. Now they can migrate and dogfood on github private repos.

Finally, MS has a string of taking in popular open source developers in recent years. See people like Jessie Frazelle working on docker/kubernetes. They will pay for popular community driven devs, and this github acquisition follows that trend.

Attached: 1526437309882.jpg (460x450, 59K)

>paid for it
>"stealing"
Go back to /leftypol/, commie.

> /threading your own post
Faggot

/thread

yo u got too many bananas there m80

>$7.5B
I thought once MS got rid of Balmer that the era or overpaying for acquisitions was over.

Github has never made a profit and really never figured out a business model. Paying $7.5B was stupid. This is a worse business move than MS buying skype.

The people telling you bananas cause weight gain are misinformed. I'll just be over here enjoying my potassium and energy.

what if i'm on a potassium retaining drug

Lack of potassium from the anti-nanna cartel is causing the degradation of family values in America. You will live a more fulfilled life than your peers.

Attached: K07dBQc.jpg (364x600, 38K)

>in ms stock
and it's nothing

Yes, a high performing tech stock that has nearly tripled in the past 3 years is nothing.

>in Micro&Soft stock
HAHAHAHA
SJWHub BTFO

github has been infested SJW cancer for years now. I can't even fucking understand that you even use that cancer

you risk them taking down your repos for being homophobic or whatever permutation of that madness.

I'm not homophobic or prejudiced towards a certain group of people.

You might want to re-evaluate whether being a bigot is why your repos are getting taken down.

Attached: 1525848232553.png (640x480, 387K)

Press S to spit on grave

>backuping favorite github projects before ms big wipe

Attached: retarded_cat.jpg (720x960, 31K)

HOT

>view code snippet (free)
>show code (1.99$ a month)

>ms stock
Fucking hell are they idiots

$7.5B is outrageously overpriced for that thing. If the owners can sell off the MS stock at even half that value then they've done well.

This. IIRC, github was valued to $2B two years ago, and in the last year and a half they have been struggling severely.

selling stock is a prolonged endeavour
look how bill sold his shares, it's actually a bit stupid to trust a random numale jerkoff with that much power