Is Privacy Badger just a meme?

Is Privacy Badger just a meme?

Attached: 2018-06-04_18-59-44.png (440x611, 28K)

yes
as is your life

Attached: 199348223412.jpg (1600x1200, 314K)

Damn roasted

Yes, because instead of blocking ads and trackers indiscriminately they try to be selective about it. It's like that "acceptable ads" program, where they try to incentivize less-bad behavior, not realizing that advertising in general does this shit, and the whole industry needs to be whacked with a hammer, not just a few bad apples.

No, but I'm not sure it does anything different than other extensions. Remember that EFF are the good guys.

Privacy badger is not a meme it just doesn't do whatever everyone thinks its doing. Of course what everyone thought ghostery/disconnect was doing was not being evil. Umatrix (and why not privacy badger too) or bust.

I use the duckduckgo addon

Unfortunately yes, the EFF hasn't been able to get their heuristics based filtering up to speed

Did you just install it? Privacy badger has some kind of machine learning shit in there that learns and gets better as you browse.
>When you view a webpage, that page will often be made up of content from many different sources. (For example, a news webpage might load the actual article from the news company, ads from an ad company, and the comments section from a different company that's been contracted out to provide that service.) Privacy Badger keeps track of all of this. If as you browse the web, the same source seems to be tracking your browser across different websites, then Privacy Badger springs into action, telling your browser not to load any more content from that source. And when your browser stops loading content from a source, that source can no longer track you. Voila!

>At a more technical level, Privacy Badger keeps note of the "third party" domains that embed images, scripts and advertising in the pages you visit. Privacy Badger looks for tracking techniques like uniquely identifying cookies, local storage "supercookies," and canvas fingerprinting. If it observes a single third-party host tracking you on three separate sites, Privacy Badger will automatically disallow content from that third-party tracker. In some cases a third-party domain provides some important aspect of a page's functionality, such as embedded maps, images, or stylesheets. In those cases Privacy Badger will allow connections to the third party but will screen out its tracking cookies and referrers (these hosts have their sliders set to the middle, "cookie block" position).

There's also Privacy Possum, it's based on the source of badger but is indiscriminate.

What's that mean, effectively? I think umatrix (blacklist-default) takes priority over my privacy badger so it basically tracks nothing I'm not manually allowing anyway.

Just use ublock/umatrix, noscript, spoofagent, dnscrypt and a vpn.

I dunno about specifically spoofagent but yeah something along those lines. Umatrix has a built in useragent spoofer but I dunno how thorough it is. DNScrypt is mostly dead but they're pushing DNS with TLS/HTTPS now.

I'd run Privacy Badger and send EFF guys data if I thought it'd help.

Even with Self Destroying Cookies, uBlock/uMatrix it still denies cookies.

Attached: Untitled.png (316x281, 13K)

dnscrypt-proxy v2 supports dnscryptv1, dnscryptv2 and DoH (DNS over HTTPS)
I wouldn't consider dnscrypt to be dead, since there's some privacy concerns over DoH that are addressed by dnscrypt, and there's still quite some DNS servers supporting it, though they're dwarfed by Cloudflare alone

There's cisco supporting dnscrypt and basically nobody else.

Privacy Badger is very good but it requires some configuration. It will allow a lot of shady domains by default (e.g. things like "*.googleadnetwork.net") with the explanation that "This domain does not appear to be tracking you."

NoScript is a good addition, too. (If you're using FireFox) But remember that with each extension you install you are increase the attack surface in your browser, opening you up to all kinds of nasty exploits.

I personally prefer NoScript and good adblocker like uBlock Origin. And of course HTTPSEverywhere set to strict.

just get umatrix rtfm and be done with it
badgers are fags

ironically noscript is only good for non script-blocking reasons after umatrix handles that shit.

Just use umatrix, use the built in host blocker to block ads and enable strict https, you are good to go.

Is there a mobile browser that has umatrix like features?

Of course not, who do you think writes mobile browsers?