What password manager does Jow Forums use?

What password manager does Jow Forums use?
>inb4 I don't use one
Your passwords are soccer mom tier.

Attached: thumps up.jpg (1252x1252, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

world.std.com/~reinhold/diceware.html
dheera.net/projects/blur
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I use dashlane. I like the auto password changer and the general fact that I don't usually have to think about it.

Attached: dashlane-password-changer-100728664-large.jpg (699x476, 43K)

Password managers are a botnet. I only use as few services as necessary so it's really not that hard to remember them all. My passwords are diceware'd then salted too, so don't say they are weak

this

besides pw managers are gay the websites u use will just get hacked anyway

KeePassXC is pretty good. It's what I use.

My work uses LastPass. It's okay, but I don't really trust online password managers.

bitwarden
open source version of lastpass

It's called "pass"

>Your passwords are soccer mom tier.
I don't use some retarded alphanumeric password that I will never remember. my passwords are still like 36 characters. I have a functioning brain so I can remember what sentence I used for my password

pass

I use keepassxc too on my pc and android phone. Always having to sync databases is a bitch tho.

wtf is a password manager?
do yall not remember ur passwords
not b8 btw

I honest to goodness got tired of generating random strong passwords for every site and then memorizing it. Reuse isn't even the issue, it's just tedious.

Use Syncthing or something broski.

pass + browserpass-ce + git repo

bitwarden

Attached: compelling_argument.jpg (936x1048, 204K)

I need to use a new password for everything. What password should I use next? Give me some ideas, Jow Forums.

KeePass file stored on my Nextcloud

Attached: f8fe7b6d67fb4f23dcb4dec5a0baf055.jpg (900x1299, 249K)

I just reset my password every time.

world.std.com/~reinhold/diceware.html
Try this out. Add a few random numbers somewhere in the passphrase to protect against dictionary attacks

moot#faggot

Pick up random item off desk. Inspect serial number + "_service_name" + one of !@#$%^&*

How do you remember 150+ strong, unique, independent passwords?

See desk based mnemonics.

I might actually go with this one. Thank you.

You have 150 items on your desk? How do you remember which one is used for which service?

On and in drawers. They don't all need to stay, after some period of time the common stuff gets junked.

I don't believe you do this without reusing passwords or having a pattern in your passwords involving the name of the service.

>150+
I only have 7 passwords. I don't create accounts unless necessary, and I don't use cancer services like social media.

Its not even a direct 1:1 on the serial number. Transpose letters for numbers and stuff wherever.

I mean there's clearly a pattern and if someone were to targettedly attack those specific passwords it'd be way less entropy than it appears when hashed. The alphanumeric password parts are only about as hard as remembering phone numbers.

KeePassXC + Syncthing
KeePass DX on Android

I use notepad++ saving files as no extension and zipping them all in an archive with a password ;)

>be you
>unarchive file
>use password
>delete file
>be me
>hack into your computer
>pick your file into the trash can or the temp file folder
>???
>profit

I didn't use password managers until now and I feel vulnerable because my passwords are shit tier. Do you think it's hard to start using it at the moment? I will probably use it only for important stuff, I will leave unimportant registration passwords as they are, I don't care if they get haxed.

download keepass, change your passwords as you go. whenever you log into an account with a shitty password, replace it with a strong one.

Thanks pal, I can't believe I was such a pleb not to use one of these till now! I already thought about how all my passwords are same and weak and that I will get haxed once but this is great, now I can even randomize passwords without losing them. Do you generate random passwords or do you just use different but logical ones?

Nevermind, keepass has password generator

Until you get to a website which requires numeric characters, or a combination of upper care and special characters, or restricts your 36 character passphrase to just 16 characters

What then?

I use LastPass, offline pw managers are obviously way more secure but it's a lot of hassle to transfer the backup between devices

KeePassX

unhackeable pen and paper.

so you remember what object is for what website, and also what numbers in that object's serial number that you've transposed? god, if i had to remember all that i'd need some kind of manager to keep track of all my passwords, maybe a password manager

It's also a proprietary password manager. You are just asking for trouble.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-05_13-48-38.png (766x645, 652K)

I just use password generator and save them in .txt file inside my hard drive and have a backup in flashdrive.

KEEPASSXC YEEEEEEEE

+1 for biwarden

Attached: 15990069 (1).png (460x460, 9K)

>No profressonal 3rd party security review
Not ready for prime time.

/dev/brain

Every other password manager is soccer mom brainlet tier.

usb stick

Notepad. And I mean a pad of paper.

>have notes file full of passwords
>notes disappear one day
>try everything to retrieve, still don't know wtf happened
>no more

Paper it is.

Lastpass mate.

Its cross-platform, keys are kept in human brain. It autofills easy peasy

dheera.net/projects/blur

>an offline, FOSS password manager is botnet

Attached: 1516944023915.jpg (120x125, 3K)

Been using KeePassX for years now and never had an issue.

Pen and paper.

Lol insecure

Might as well encrypt a txt file

>offline

The nice thing about password managers is that they can often generate ultra-secure passwords for you which you'll never have to remember anyway.
This is particularly good with respect to OpSec: you have no way of accidentally revealing your password if you yourself don't know it in the first place.

>what are pass or keepass*

Switched from Lastpass to Dashlane when the former was absorbed by LogMeIn.

I use remerbear, from tunnelbear vpn

kpcli is a command line version of KeePassX that is minimal a so more secure. I can still use the secure keepassx type database so all my angles are covered.

I put special characters and/or numbers between the words, change 's' to '$', etc etc.

Notepad

21 yo boomer here I still don't need one to remember my passwords

Attached: 1526596361896.png (380x349, 77K)

>tfw have had all my passwords stored in a plain text file for 15 years

Faggots and their password managers.

Attached: pfft.jpg (391x477, 86K)

Also shilling for Bitwarden.
You can install on your own server too if you want. The mobile app is the only part that costs anything.

I only use 1 six char password for all my sites.
Wasn't hacked yet

This

Attached: Paranoid-Parrot.jpg (500x500, 19K)

Whats wrong with them?

I copy all my passwords into notepad and then take a screenshot of it.

I use LastPass and I like it.

Got a problem with it, faggot?

>2018
>pw manager
Use brain

>>inb4 I don't use one
>Your passwords are soccer mom tier.
absolutely correct but i dont work on any systems that require that much security and my password for work computers and my bank account are based on japanese furry artists i like so dictionary cracking wouldn't work

my dad did this and got btfo by my mom during one of her longer psychotic episodes where she started sending emails on his behalf to fuck with him and shit
my dad's a web developer, he should know better

Attached: etc715.jpg (445x543, 117K)

>web developer
>know anything
nice meme

Attached: file.png (480x270, 176K)

When using a password manager what happens when you need to access an account without your phone and on a foreign system that doesn't have your password database?

DONT BE MEAN TO MY DAD

Nice try, my passwords are in Chinese.

plaintext encrypted with GPG

>trusting your passwords with some third party app developer
>not creating an encrypted text file on your computer

ishiggydiggy

when you’re staring at the barcode on the bottom of your stapler trying to remember which substitutions you chose 6 months ago so you can log in to a service you seldom use you will understand why people recommend password managers

>unhackable
*reads paper*

just use an actual pw manager, less trouble and far mire secure

LastPass, if everyone here is tinfoiler maybe they should use carrier pigeons or VHS tape because anyone can get caught unless they are 100% off grid.

LastPass is owned by LogMeIn now, which is a shit company. I no longer trust that they hold security as the #1 priority, so I switched to Bitwarden.