Apple users are children

Apple users are children

archive.is/Fy1te

Attached: wsj.jpg (899x735, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidpolice.com/2018/05/08/android-dashboard-app-timer-wind-new-not-disturb-features-will-help-look-digital-wellbeing/
clipr.tv/clip/trihex-mommyforthewin-e453f9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeay a new "app" to get "report" about myself.
Now I know how I sleep, how much I walk and how much I use me phone. Yeay, yeay!!!!

fpbp

instead of tracking your use in the background they will just outright ask to collect data and people will be more than willing to suck on it, same for google

They're just copying features from Android P
androidpolice.com/2018/05/08/android-dashboard-app-timer-wind-new-not-disturb-features-will-help-look-digital-wellbeing/

nah, the announcements of both features are far too close to one another for any copying to be taking place here. I think both companies are just scrambling to implement "digital wellness" tools because of all the flack they've been getting from college 'studies' recently.

but yeah, these features are not limited only to iOS.
google even went far enough as to make android display everything in grayscale near your bedtime so that the phone becomes less addictive and images become less interesting and colorful.

>the wall str jewrnal

buy... yep... good job cadet... this is going in my leaky asshole collection *snap*.. thank you... *fapfapfap*

iTODDLERS BTFO

>water is wet

lots of children have iPads, i think it's a good thing
t. not an apple user

Although i am not an itoddler. I do like this feature

I spend so much time on my devices. It would be helpful to know how much i am actually using productively.

Also to compare it weekly/monthly and seeing how much i get done or how much time i waste.

it seems very useful i already use a third party app on android Hope it makes it into android as well

Literally iToddlers LMAO

Can't you make an app that does this bullshit? Why aren't they working on features that are not available?

yay can't wait! I'd pay more $300 for this even though I am sure it's worth way more and I'm ready to even write reports about myself and deliver them to Apple HQ weekly

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

How the fuck do you get addicted to using smartphones? It's just a really shitty experience all around compared to a real computer. It's best feature is GPS and communication when you're outside.

kek

>the sky is blue

>needing an article to tell you this

This is only because of that stupid-ass manufactured controversy over """smartphone addiction""". Nobody, not even Apple, really gives a fuck. Keeping their investors happy is what makes them the most valuable company.

Some activist investors were riding the industry's ass earlier this year demanding that they make their phones less addictive.

A computer can't be used as effectively around the house, even with a laptop, and most people don't have any use for the more advanced options or don't mind losing the all around better functions an actual PC gives you since they can't move the computer in their hand.

>toddlers are children
Really made me think.

How the hell is this an "Apple" thing?
Didn't Google literally introduce these exact features (and more) a couple of months ago? Nobody batted an eye.

>t. smartphone shill
trying to keep the little sedated piggies happy, I see. keep up the good work, user! :^)

It's for parents who let their kids use stuff and people who are addicted to things. You act like it's forced, it's a tool there if you wish to use it.

>being this autistic

iTODDLERS BTFO

>imagine that all your answers is to call people autistic
>image being this reddit and retarded

What the hell are you doing inside moving around and needing a mobile device? I don't need one for cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. Like I said, it's mostly useful for communication and GPS.

*manchildren

Shitty experience if it’s an android XD

Why do you think we call them iToddlers?

Attached: 1521049421197.jpg (604x511, 71K)

>Andjeets forgetting the literal exact same feature was added on Android Pajeet
OK.

No, Apple users have children. Android users are still asking to show bob and vagene.

The US education system has created mindless nigger cattle.

>Apple users are children
>stating the obvious
everyone already knew that, now they just decided to fully embrace it

Attached: itoddlers.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

This.

ITODDLERS BTFO

>water is wet

>children are children
What did he mean by this?

>using this as a selling point
No shit?

Attached: 1527822523341.jpg (251x242, 9K)

>apple users
clipr.tv/clip/trihex-mommyforthewin-e453f9

>children are children

How will itoddlers ever recover?

>implying these features are hard to implement and they don't have dedicated teams for stealing features.
One above average programmer with caffeine and Job's cock up his ass could implement the basic feature in a week.

android has had this automatically since its inception
what the fuck are apple doing this is basic power management

...You do know Android literally has a volume limit where it warns you what you're listening to might be too loud and forces you to turn it down, right?

>android has had this automatically since its inception
that is a blatant lie.
why would you even lie about something like that?

>what is disable/limit app
>what is power management
>what is low power mode
most big companies have already implimented this even my oldass coloros oppo has had it for fucking ages

...You do know that this is easily circumvented by hold the volume button a half second longer.
And besides, that's an actually helpful feature, at least the sound level notification. I've never had a problem with Android forcing me to turn my sound down.

>Volume is the same thing as display
Also it doesn't "force you to turn it down". It simply refuses to budge past a certain level until you hit "ok". Not difficult.

After 30 minutes of uninterrupted listening, it goes back down into the "safe" noise levels.

>>what is disable/limit app
disabling a bloatware application because you can't uninstall it isn't the same as setting time limits.
>>what is power management
something iOS has also had for some time.
>>what is low power mode
another thing iOS has also had for some time.

in any case, none of those features are things that Android has had 'since its inception.' and even then, it's not about who did it first.
Android had Face Unlock long before Face ID, but nobody used Face Unlock because it sucked. Even fucking Google themselves had to advise people not to use it.

>time limits.
my point is this.
this should all be done automatically, apps shouldnt have to be toggled manually, phones have more then enough ram to hold most shit in memory

I think you're missing the point of what time limits are for. It's not about the capabilities of the phone; it's about addiction. Some people can't put their fucking phones down for 10 minutes (i.e. normies + facebook). So you can set time limits, forcing yourself to use a certain app only for a certain amount of time.
You're essentially locking yourself out of the cookie jar.

>it's about addiction.
just uninstall the app
i nuke discord or whatever app i hate every other week
>muh addictions
So what? Ive dropped smoking for years at a time, pc gaming, console gaming, street racing (irl) take youre pick.
for phones having to have a baby mode to tell you DONT USE ME is fucking dumb.
Just put the fucking phone down its not hard

>just uninstall the app
dood lmao just uninstall this app you need and just reinstall it whenever you need to use it

>Ive dropped smoking for years at a time
the way you wrote this sentence implies that you "quit" multiple times.

Don't you understand that software companies have spent millions in research and development to engineer their software to be as addictive as possible?
If you're not susceptible to certain addictive properties, that's fine but that doesn't mean entire features should be totally ignored simply because you specifically don't need them. Just ignore the feature, then.

Not for me
Must be your pajeet phone software

i used to just disable facebook/messenger alot when i was younger.
and? Morel Orel over here!

>Don't you understand that software companies have spent millions in research and development to engineer their software to be as addictive as possible?
turning notifications off solves 99% of this shit especially sound/lights

In other words, "dropped"

>i used to just disable facebook/messenger alot when i was younger.
Time limits are the exact same thing, except you don't have to manually go into the settings and do it yourself. What's the problem?

Yes, but once some people are in the app, even if only to do a specific task, they end up transfixed for hours.

i grew out of that a while ago and im only 27 yearold boomer

I turned off Instagram notifications for my mom and she still spends about 4 hours a day in the app.

Attached: works on my machine certificate.png (200x193, 30K)

my mom dragged me to see infinity war despite the fact that i hate marvel movies, and even then she was browsing instagram for nearly the entirety of the film. sound was playing and everything. she was asked by staff twice to stop using her phone and each time she flipped out. i'm actually afraid of what a time limit will do. i might get murdered.

what the fuck is it about instagram that 40-yr-old women can't drop?

so what my mum sits on facebook all day.

Let em.

This was in response to actual protestors who built their own primitive app that would do this, and stood outside Apple HQ for weeks on end harassing every employee until they paid attention

kek

Stanford no less