How can Intel even compete?

How can Intel even compete?

Attached: TR2_Slide_Car_678x452.jpg (678x381, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IVVXQaqdA_A
youtu.be/wGRASKMCMXk
youtu.be/mhEu3RiCLpg?t=1h15m01s
anandtech.com/show/12906/amd-reveals-threadripper-2-up-to-32-cores-250w-x399-refresh
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: COMPUTEX 2018 - Lisa and David_24_678x452.jpg (678x381, 28K)

It can't, TMG destroyed any chances.
Fucking hell, AMD is shipping 7nm Vega in H2 2018.

Take this!

Attached: 1528257832783.png (823x520, 436K)

>1770W

is this real life?

Yes.
They used cascaded phase change cooler to tame the housefire.

ONE
VRM
PER
CORE

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 2018-06-06 08.54.08.jpg (4423x3317, 2.07M)

Intel stopped being anything but a joke after Ryzen was created. No socket renewals every other day, no insane prices for corelet CPUs, no Intel vulnerabilities built-in. There might be a decade where I start buying Intel CPUs again, but it won't be this decade.

It's actually looks good. It's a joke, but it's still good looking boad.

>1770W
> ONE THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDREDS AND SEVENTY WATTS

>cooling measured in horsepower
So this is the power of Intel...

Attached: 1514954106246.jpg (883x605, 102K)

>2nd gen features
Why do people buy AMD if their marketing is so pathetic

>intel needs a fucking refrigerator to compete with AMD

Attached: 1528221289985.png (286x315, 81K)

Jesus

Attached: 1524468979158.png (227x349, 74K)

>only 64 threads on 32 cores
I'll stick to my 88 threads on 22 cores, thanks

The will be able to claim performance crown by going ultimate housefire.
But obviously Thraedrippers will be the smart choice, slightly lower performance, half the price, relatively normal power consumption.

Attached: housefire nao.jpg (1510x1006, 292K)

Attached: le vrm of doom.jpg (583x457, 66K)

Are you suggesting the journo was in Intel's employ? Accusing someone of unnecessarily using non-SI units is serious business.

They literally can't, which is why they're having to overclock Xeons for a marketing stunt to get any attention at all.

youtu.be/IVVXQaqdA_A

theme

Attached: 6F71A08ACA7C41A19004304D6D218586.jpg (486x409, 71K)

Have they reactivated Netburst?

We all knew Zen would spark the core war but I never expected it to get this insane so quickly. Intel's HEDT went from 10 cores to 28 cores in 2 fucking years. We're just a year removed from people shilling the 7350k.

HOW did Mommy Su make it happen?

Anyone to update?

Attached: 1435497588761.png (801x1500, 973K)

refrigerators have a tiny fraction of the cooling power of this.

Intel's 28 core will tie in heavy threaded workloads and have 5 times the platform cost (1 horsepower phase change cooler not included)

Hell yes, and this time they aren't afraid of going full retarded like back then with Tejas.

WE ABSORUTRY APPLECIATE OKAY OUR UUH EEH THE A LOT OF THE SUPPOLT FLOM THE MEDIA FLIENDS ANDA FLOMA DA CUSTMERS

Attached: chingchong.png (414x428, 31K)

Yes, the fire rises.

The problem is Intels 28core is still running on their lga3000+ socket, whilst 32core thread ripper is compatible with x399 boards. The only question I have is if they've made the memory layout to one channel per die or not.

no-one seems to have commented on the monstrous PCH and evident IO capacity yet either. Fucker is loaded up.

>zen sparked core war
Underage newfag detected, core war started with the fx8350 octameme

It's literally a server processor and motherboard hacked down to scrap... By comparison, an Epyc processor has far more IO, uses far less power and will still likely cost a 1/3 of what this will.

Attached: kek.jpg (1000x1000, 222K)

Lol not him but wtf. Intel was fine sitting on 4 core CPUs while the fx 8350 was out. It was only when zen proved that AMD could produce actual IPC did Intel start ramping up core count. I remember that slide with a supposed 40% IPC increase over excavator was being memed everywhere by people on both sides of the debate.

No one has commented on it because no one is impressed by it. It's literally a server chip that's failed binning. So it's lacking half the features it should have.

Meanwhile TR still has more IO, and higher memory capacity. And doesn't require a 1700w phasechange cooler to function.

One channel per die would give more predictable multithreaded performance, otherwise we'd see a steep cutoff where the exta dies get loaded.
Two dies with RAM and two dies without would give better few-threaded performance and possibly a little better motherboard compatibility as memory connectivity would work just as now from a mobo maker's viewpoint.

The latter actually makes a little more sense in that it recycles the current circuit boards on which the dies are mounted. The 24-core model would have 8+8 cores with RAM and 4+4 cores without, hoping the leftover caches would compensate for having to go through another die for RAM.

Attached: zoon.png (522x582, 336K)

>The only question I have is if they've made the memory layout to one channel per die or not.
Hardware Unboxed says only 2 Dies will access Memory through the channels, the other 2 access memory from IF. so it's still "only" a 4 Channel
>youtu.be/wGRASKMCMXk

>It's literally a server chip that's failed binning
It's the opposite. It's the best of the best, that's why it can OC to 5 ghz. Actual server chips wouldn't be able to do it.

24C is 6+6+6+6, just like EPYC.

>the other 2 access memory from IF.
Wouldn't that send latency to hell?
Or is it a deliberate choice to mitigate EBYN cannibalization?

>Or is it a deliberate choice to mitigate EBYN cannibalization?
yes pretty much this. also read

The latter.
Latency sensetive applications will latch onto NUMA node 0 anyway.

LOL Intel

Attached: Screenshot (13).png (1569x972, 228K)

OOOOOOOOYYYYYYYY

Hand over the chips now or we are all going to die in a nuclear inferno!

I'd say the question is if 4 channels at 2933MHz will be sufficient to feed 32 cores.

Its an unmarked dev board, no M.2 connection, probably custom PCH with a hidden reconfigurable firmware blob. The PCI slots are quite likely nominal to make up the space, note FPC connectors for deep diagnostics. And the shitty edge finish.

And what do they even try to achieve with this backpedal?

Depends on the workload.
Zen has fast and plentiful caches.

EPYC: 32 fast cores, 128 PCIe lanes.
Threadripper: 16 fast cores, 16 slow cores, 64 PCIe lanes connected, 64 PCIe lanes to nowhere.

It might take out a low end EPYC server or high end workstation. But if you're going EPYC you're doing it for the extra bells and whistles on the mobo.

Shintel activated there final plan

Attached: Operation Netbursto.jpg (1920x1080, 620K)

You sure are a technological iliterate or really an underage
The fx 8350 did get the intel jews so sweat hard and triggered them that they shat out the 18 core / 36 thread meme xeon with 2005 consumer performance at a 2030 enterprise price
Intel since then is still shitting out their "HURR MAKE MORE THREADS M-MUH HYPERTHREADING" housefire generators

This is a bad experiment!

Attached: (resonance)_cascade_lake.png (380x296, 115K)

DELETE THIS

Attached: jidf.jpg (1196x676, 673K)

>18 core / 36 thread meme xeon with 2005 consumer performance at a 2030 enterprise price
?

I'm not sure if this is bait or you're on day release from the facility that usually keeps you away from the internet.

He's talking Haswell-EP, or something.

youtu.be/mhEu3RiCLpg?t=1h15m01s
>current intel 18-core vs our new 24-core. we gave the intel a liquid cooler to help them stay cool, amd running on basic air cooler
>now let's try the new 32-core with existing already on the market mobo and again just air cooled as we don't need no exotic phase change or liquid coolers
why do they have to be so mean about it, please no bulli

>now let's try the new 32-core with existing already on the market mobo and again just air cooled as we don't need no exotic phase change or liquid coolers
weeeew sassy.

>TR doesn't need liquid cooling
>you can never build a full loop rig with Lisa's piss as the coolant
It makes me sad.

CHILLLL

Attached: CHILL.jpg (711x457, 58K)

>Intelaviv gives you Brian's cum
>AMD won't give you Lisa's piss

Attached: 1519440711590.png (917x871, 198K)

1 7 7 0 W
W

Attached: amada shitposting.png (705x703, 136K)

>Intel 2018

Attached: file.png (640x720, 641K)

Oh, it's the rumored Intel Napalm Lake cooler.

Are they going to update 1950x?

I don't need THAT many cores but 12nm would be nice...

12nm is literally a marketing name for the new stepping of 14nm you gullible retard.

Threadripper 2900X – 8 cores / 16 threads (YD290XA8U8QAF)
Threadripper 2920X – 12 cores / 24 threads (YD292XA8UC9AF)
Threadripper 2950X – 16 cores / 32 threads (YD295XA8UGAAF)

Attached: 1466958511354.gif (281x281, 60K)

By releasing Skylake-X XCC CPUs that didn't make the "Gold/Platinum" cut as "HEDT" parts.

Intel never intended on making Skylake-X XCC as HEDT parts. They were always meant to be server/HPC only. It also means are coming out with a cut-down version of "Purley" platform (Six-channel DDR4, 48 PCIe 3.0 lanes and 192GiB of UDIMM DDR4)

The entire platform is going to be expensive as fuck, you might as well get an Epyc system if you need that many cores, bandwidth and I/O throughpout.

mitx mobos when?

i think theres some already.

They were probably scared someone might try to use their arc furnaces as computer processors by mistake.

No, sever chips are binned to be the most power efficient dies. This 28 core is literally a server chip that's failed binning 'cause it's leaky as fuck
>1770W

More bribes

i remember when intel promised 64-core xeons in 2012 by copy/pasting sun's sparc layout

never habbened

OP image says up to 32 cores 64 threads for Threadripper. Does that mean they're releasing that soon? Or are they referring to EPYC as well?

no zen+ epyc. epyc 2nd gen will be 7nm.

you do realize that power is not free? 20-40 watt difference is negligible. But on this scale, intel would cost significantly more to run.

Also, it might legitimately not be able to run in many offices, simple becuse every two intel machine basically needs it's own cord and fuse, if the office isn't build to that, you simply can't-

Oh shit. So a 32c64t Threadripper will become a reality?

I guess I'm waiting for X499 and the 32c TR chip then. Wonder what it's power consumption would be like seeing as it would be 4x R7-2700X chips essentially. Thinking around 350w because of low out of box clocks.

august. Everything point's to august, and yes, same socket and BIOS update for the boards. (There is some TR4 boards that probably can't deliver enough power for a 32 core threadripper thou.)

Yea that's true but I suspect all the big name boards should be able to handle the 32c TR chip well enough. Asus ROG boards, ASrock Taichi.

I wouldn't use gigabyte or MSI though.

It's TDP should be around 250W which I think is pretty reasonable. However TDP =/= actual usage so we'll have to wait.

At least you can use more then 2 Threadrippers on one fuse compared to Intel's 5Ghz 28 core joke.

>So a 32c64t Threadripper will become a reality?
YES.
>I guess I'm waiting for X499
dunno it this will be real or something like X399v2. AMD demoed their 32c TR on an old X399 mobo cause they are compatable
>Wonder what it's power consumption would be
TDP is 250W (not power but heat dissipation) for the 32c model
check this: anandtech.com/show/12906/amd-reveals-threadripper-2-up-to-32-cores-250w-x399-refresh

>However TDP =/= actual usage

Yes, AMD stated that threadripper 2 would be cooled by an air cooler, "WraithRipper". probably not the most silent, but it's pretty clear that the power consumption is limited.

Yea I don't know what the fuck Intel was thinking with that stunt. Do you think AMD was waiting for Intel to release something? Just so they can come in and stomp their dreams with TR2? As for cooling, AMD themselves said they released the 32c64t variant with the intention of air cooling.
Good shit. Then maybe I'll just buy a top tier X399 board now and wait. Maybe one of those noctua TR plate based towers.

The four-die EPYC 7601 has a 180W TDP. Though I guess AMD would like to push the clocks to the limit with the Threadripper.

Hoe much will the 32c tr cost?

This is making me curious what the idle usage would be. Might be very nice for a homeserver.

About three fiddy K.

Attached: feet.gif (365x205, 149K)

>Then maybe I'll just buy a top tier X399 board now and wait
why tho? just wait until TR2 will be released, maybe there really will be new/better mobo's for it. i'd wait, user. no need to rush anything when the main component isn't released yet, don't you think?

probably half of the intels with 4 cores less. As usual.

so 32c thrp would be half of a intel 28c iNein.

True. I didn't think of it that way.
Well if you consider the 16c32t 1950X TR cost $1000 at launch and the new TR is 32c64t, you can safely assume double the cost. Maybe a little bit less because being honest here, these high core count chips aren't like Intel's with super low yield rates. They're just standard 8c16t Ryzen chips stitched together and sharing a PCB. So yield rates will be stupid high.

1599$

Yea true. I just know shit is going to be sold out all over the place at launch lol. Don't want to be playing he waiting game for 2 months after launch

This but unironically. This corrupt piece of shit of a company would rather start ww3 and destroy the planet than actually do serious R&D.

If this is the price, I'm getting one.

just pulled it out of my ass, user. we don't know shit right now

I googled it, i only found this from an unknown youtuber. But maybe it's the real thing.

But i bet it actually WOULD be quiet, non of those Intel stock cooler standards are good enough for AMD

Attached: LegitWraithRipper..png (998x512, 552K)

Where is Intel's 34 core CPU? :-)