Why dont airliners try stacking passengers into space efficient sleep capsule like in the fifth element

Why dont airliners try stacking passengers into space efficient sleep capsule like in the fifth element

Attached: 9h6-e1418850597696.jpg (700x889, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thesun.co.uk/travel/6424684/airbus-cabins-private-jet-bedroom-lounge-offices/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because sitting takes less space than lying down.

It would have worked before the sexual revolution.

>This

And you would have to end up using less weight to make it worth it. Airplanes are all about weight.
Also they would be death traps.

because then you'd end up with a bunch of sperm covered tubes that you have to lie in for hours at a time

how? lying down straight you can stack many layers to the ceiling

Because people don't like the idea of already being in the coffin before the plane crash.

How do you think average usa citizen will fit in?

Attached: you are obese.jpg (735x1102, 145K)

Because that's what slave ships were like

Think it through, man.
You need to be able to slide the beds out of those tubes in order for passengers to get in and out. Can't expect people to climb in and out, especially old people.That means you need a 2 meter wide aisle in addition to the 2 meter wide tubes. Most aircraft do not have wide enough cabins to make this work.
You might be able to fit a setup like this on the lower deck of an A380, but that's already a stretch.
Worst part is that you aren't actually fitting more people in the same volume.

cargo bay

the only reason they don't do it is that chairs are cheaper and they are already at max weight on planes from cargo luggage. people are not the problem.

maybe on short flights that people don't take luggage on some thing like this would work but no ones bothered to do it. because most of thous flights are with small older aircraft.

safety wise it would probably be more safe.

try to stack this.

Attached: amerifat.jpg (1024x743, 417K)

its feasible in asia and europe. but americans naah

desu trains and buses should have atleast half in tubes

>why don't airplanes arrange the passengers like...
99% of the time the answer is safety. An airplane can fully evacuate in around a minute or so, do you think this would be even remotely possible with something like this?

Attached: feet-1.jpg (1564x992, 137K)

cozy

Attached: Comfy_guy.jpg (197x190, 53K)

I have heard of obese american females buying multiple plane tickets because they plan to take up multiple seats

are they dead? is this slavery transport?

Good thing. I don't want to show up to my seat to find it's half taken by a blob of lard.

los monstros....

They could be separable stasis capsules so when planes go down, the people could be recovered from the bottom of the ocean days or even years later.
They could cling together, but detached broken units to keep the main cluster more secure and less burdened.

It's called propaganda dumbass.

I still rather lie in a sperm tube that travel on the next generation airplane "seats".

Attached: 1ea1a9de47b3df73d02a4abacfe1640b.jpg (858x536, 118K)

IIRC there was an idea for standing positions on short flights. Passengers would be strapped to a pole or some sort of structure for take off and landing.

If you pay enough you can get a bed and shower

thesun.co.uk/travel/6424684/airbus-cabins-private-jet-bedroom-lounge-offices/

I want to pay 50% more for 50% more space.
Not be forced to buy "business class" at 200% more just to have normal leg room.

this, but standing up. think of a revolver.

Other reasons are somewhat valid, but the real reasons are weight and FAA regulations. To get certified, a plane has to ve able to evacuate all passengers in pretty short order. Seats are easy to get out of, tubes not so much. Then there's weight. Seats weight nothing, those tubes look heavy, and where does carry on go?

Airliners are pretty smart. They've done a lot to optimize efficiency and they've tried a lot of zany ideas like pods. Invariably they cost too much, take too much weight, or wouldn't pass safety certification.

Like this?

Attached: sleeper_class.jpg (770x468, 106K)

Maybe they could hang passengers by the neck?

for most short trips most people wouldn't mind to be stacked like this if they paid less, you can even have multiple layers

Attached: slave-ships.png (822x493, 670K)

I think that can be made pretty comfortable if they stack slightly diagonally so that the space above everyone's head is empty, like my drawing illustrates.

Attached: Untitled.png (1888x1275, 64K)

others can still smell your farts and laying relaxes you way too much to hold them in

There would be solid separators, so the farts would have to travel a long distance.
Blankets could also be mandatory for fat farting fucks.

Those fuckers would be standing now.

you still need space for luggage nigger

whoever came up with this should be shot

Only the cheapest shit airlines will implement them.

economy class exists for the sole purpose to get the airplane full. first & business class is where airlines make money.

they do its called business / first class and it cost round trip more than you make in a year

Attached: PJ-BL265_MIDSEA_P_20121205165603.jpg (749x499, 63K)

It seems the worst idea ever since supersonic airplanes for civilians.

>yeah dude slaves were treated better than kings on that transport!
>this is just like my auschwitz swimming pools!

lmao just invest in crypto and buy a private jet

>try to stack this
holy fuck m8 im dying

Not true

Because shitty stories written by 14 year-olds rarely translate into the real world particularly well.

>niggers of lesser tribes lost battles to greater tribes and were forced into slavery
>sell your inferior niggers to the white man
>"Slavery is all white people's fault!"

FATTIES

>luggage weighs more than people

you believe this... unironically?

Attached: wtfisthisshit.jpg (478x960, 46K)

Congratulations on not understanding it

>yea manz white folk aint do nuffin on slavery!
>its dem sellers faults we kept them and their chillun slaves we dindu nuffin!