IPhone 5s will get iOS 12

That's 6 years of updates. How can Android even compete?

Attached: B024786A-D48A-4BF9-8C76-69E8522852C1.png (1000x1000, 356K)

Other urls found in this thread:

download.lineageos.org/hammerhead
youtube.com/watch?v=qnKX3LTAg5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=CHgsNbawQg0
youtube.com/watch?v=1Bj8UVcm31Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Fyzm9mJT98Y
reddit.com/r/xdacirclejerk/
youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
stallman.org/apple.html
zdnet.com/article/iphone-throttling-new-class-action-takes-total-to-60-but-how-many-will-apple-face/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pic related

Attached: logo.png (192x192, 13K)

>slow as fuck
>battery life: 4 hours

top kek

It's not slow as fuck. Android battery isn't better

iPhone 5s: 1560mAh
Oukitel K10000S: 10000mAh
How can iToddlers even compete?

ehmmm:

redmeme note 5: 2 day usage with 5 hours of sot.

Been using this shitfest of a phone for 2 days now

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-06-16-56-26.png (720x1280, 129K)

iPhone 5s, released 2013: iOS 12
Galaxy S4, released 2013: Android 5.0.1
How can Andjeets and un-paid shills who don't recognize that different devices, have different positives and negatives compete?

What is xda dev .com

>What is a locked boot-loader
Great that you asked, it's something that nullifies the ability for you to do anything of the things you'd later present as a solution to the problem, for Androids shit update system. No carrier sells a phone on an unlocked boot-loader, at least within the US and if they do, it's a rare case. The point is that if someone pays a large amount for a device, they should expect to receive official support for said device, for as long as possible, not just a single Android update version, as we saw with the Galaxy S4

>what is pooinloo .com

Uh, inform yourself about this and buy a device with an unlockable bootloader? At least online smartphone shopping doesn't offer ridiculously overpriced devices, like in other countries.

download.lineageos.org/hammerhead

An unfunny Jow Forums meme which has been spammed everywhere?

Comfy posting from Europe where all Android phones are unlocked and free to live in harmony.

Forgot to add - in the US.

droidpoos BTFO!

S U M M E R

To be fair, the iphone 5s was probably the best iphone they ever made design-wise
sleek, durable, reliable, decent camera, dual flash, fingerprint sensor, lightning connector, Thin but not too thin to hold, I could go on

Its pretty awesome that it is still receiving updates, although I would imagine that isn't going to be happening much longer just because of how old it is
I'm an android user, but I would kill for a motherboard that you could swap into a 5s that could run android, the iphone 5s was the peak of Apple's phone design.

What about the SE?

youtube.com/watch?v=qnKX3LTAg5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=CHgsNbawQg0
youtube.com/watch?v=1Bj8UVcm31Q
All devices from 2013.

>unoptimized as fuck
>laggy as fuck thanks to ancient hardware
>battery life: 3 hours

Based Apple

Its basically the same phone but smaller
they could have gotten away with keeping literally the exact same design and specs and changing the size of the whole thing for different products, Imagine a tablet as thin as a 5s with the square edges and sleek aluminum.
or imagine a macbook air but with those sexy 5s sides and curved corners, with the lid and case being as thin as a 5s.
I think they should have taken the design behind that phone and applied it to their entire line of products. because that's how awesome it was.

SE is gold, does everything I need it to and is the perfect size for one handed use on the go. Won’t need to upgrade for a while, although if an SE2 comes out I might. Perfect form factor, I tried a phablet once and hated it.

>Oukitel
lol

youtube.com/watch?v=Fyzm9mJT98Y
The display is also inferior to Samsung's flagship model displays from the same year. I haven't been able to find the reports of battery life duration, but there are numerous posts about massive battery drain on iOS 11.

Why should I have to pay more for a phone, just to get software updates?

>What's not working
GPS
Fingerprint
S Pen
Cellular
Audio
OTG
Camera
Microphone
>What's working?
You tell me ;)

My Galaxy S3 I mounted in the dash of my car is running Oreo

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
*/
Just in case you didn't know :)

SE was better. Same design, drastically better specs.

It was smaller though
AMAZING form factor for a phone, small, able to fit into any pocket, I wish they made more small phones.
But for multimedia consumption its not as good.

By not throttling phones.

>buying a phone with locked bootloader...
That's like having your parents arrange your marriage. Who the fuck still does that?

reddit.com/r/xdacirclejerk/

You don't have to. Buy an iPhone and shut up.

Unlocked bootloader doesn't cost more you fucking noob.

>Why should I have to pay more for a phone, just to get software updates?
What? No, not only Samsung flagships have custom ROM support or guaranteed OEM updates. And the procedure doesn't cost anything. Research this please.

>By installing custom ROMs you can install android 8 and beyond on devices older than the 5S.

The sooner people figure out that you can literally become your own updater on most of the popular android devices, the sooner can stop making the updates excuse for iOS.

That's a really dumb subredit. Online community wastes their own time to help millions of mostly poor people upgrade their shitty phones, cause they have no money to buy better and some reddit noob cunt, makes fun of them for some brownie cunty points..

That's just whole another level of Oedipus twat.

>implying all subreddits aren't shit

Summer came fast.

XZ1c?

My note 4 is on android 7.1.2

nah, reddit is really one of the best places for discussion on the internet, it's much less toxic than Jow Forums and it's so much easier to have productive discussions there

really, the only purpose of Jow Forums is shitposting. that's the only reason i come here at least. everything else is better on reddit

What can you expect from the average Jow Forums shitposter? It can't that all these people are just from this board - what is it, /v/ or maybe Jow Forums?

I don't believe*

That's awful for a redmeme note, nice gapps you got there spying you.

>reddit spacing
this is just sad

By the way - how viable is it to use microG? Which apps wouldn't work? Would Google maps function properly?

Attached: 2.png (1080x1792, 106K)

I'm sure at least some of them are.

>6 years of updates

Based. This is why people are loyal to Apple. They actually care about us. Can Androidcucks explain why they're loyal to Google?

reddit is shit. any place where 5 fat, fart-smelling, pink-haired tumblrinas can shut you down by brigading your posts is by definition a shit place.
Jow Forums is unmatched when it comes to the democracy and freedom of speech.

>installs oreo on galaxy s4
you are an embarrassment to your parents apple faggot.

Cute bait. There is no reason to be loyal to any brand, it is reprehensible and pure vanity. How does Apple of all companies care about its users? By having bootloader locked devices with minimum repairability?
youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
Is this caring?

OK, exactly my point.
>0 reading comprehension
Negro, within a previous post, I made the point that it's impossible to buy a device from a carrier within the US and have an unlocked bootloader. It's cheaper for me to buy my device from my carrier, than to pay outright for it, as such, I asked why the fuck I should have to pay more for it.
A majority of people in the US?

This is on carriers in your country, not on anyone else.

you are retarded.

>lagOS

Attached: 17222758166769886019962978480649725662986245.webm (640x290, 2.43M)

your phone has been slowed down 6 times. How does it feel to be a pleb and pay for it?

This.

Disingenuous retards like always conveniently forget to mention that these updates will cripple your older phones.

Attached: image.jpg (640x1134, 228K)

iOS: low battery usage
PajeetOS java edition: more battery usage than macos

"Privacy is a fundamental human right." - Tim Cook

This is how apple cares about their customer, by not turning them into the product.

>giving a shit about updates and new 'features'

>not giving a shit about being open to vulnerabilities

I hope this means all iPhones now get 6 years of support.

OK, thank you for your concession that you have no argument.
So this somehow makes my point any less valid? Majority on the people on this board, are American, guaranteed.

>This is how apple cares about their customer, by not turning them into the product.
Really? Is that why they have been a participant of the NSA's PRISM project since 2012? Either way, they've done a great deal worse in other areas:
stallman.org/apple.html
But a fake, unlikely and unsourced quote is what I'll trust.

that is literally the best case for iphone. The S4/Note 3 probably stopped getting official updates like 2 years after.

I don't know what to tell you anymore, try shopping online as it's a far more viable option in the US (even with shipping) than in most other countries.

not the guy.

TIm actually said it, I came across it in a slashdot article in their recent releases.

But it's bullshit. Any big data collectior Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, Apple. Are all raping privacy to power their AI classifiers. AIs get better the more training data you can plug into them. Privacy would ruin it. Notice how Apple started putting "health apps embedded into the phone" heart rate monitors, blood pressure, etc. That shit is going to be used to help Apple develop health based AI training data.

Right now dumb normies are handing everything over to a bunch of jackoffs who will dominate the AI space and maybe the next 25+ years of tech progress (at least). Even if everyone now jumped off their services, stop filling out the fucking Captcha (fuck you moot/Hiroshima), there will still be enough fuckheads (and even their poor employees) who will fall victim to their data rape. Without us and our data, AI is nothing.

Privacy is antithetical to the new wave of technology about to fuck you in the butt.

The point is, I shouldn't have to pay more for a feature that would be otherwise free.

do updates really matter that much? Dont most people get a new phone every 3-4 yrs?

>an online community that makes terrible android builds with laughable descriptions

That might have been true years ago, but nowadays hardware isn't advancing so much. I can see phones lasting as much as laptops now.

how?

My Nexus 7 (2013) started off with Android 4.0 and supports up to 6.0. That's not the latest version of course, but after upgrading I've seen no performance issues and even after daily use the battery is still strong. Not too bad for a tablet desu.

You are just repeating yourself and proving him right.

Okitel k6000 pro MasterRace here

130€ near 3 years ago. Big value.

Android never really did compete after Galaxy S2 times, instead they went backwards without even a clear direction while Applel improved bit by bit.

Nigga, what are you talking about? You can literally put the SE in any 5/5S case. They're identical in size.

>Android never really did compete after Galaxy S2 times, instead they went backwards without even a clear direction while Applel improved bit by bit.
Is this your first time on the internet since then?

Well you could root it and install various good custom roms that expand battery life and add new features etc.

Just shows that a bunch of random people can make better operating systems than than actual developers like apple and samsung..

>cuckPhone gets slowed down every year and loses 90% speed over 2 years
>android phone makers are smart enough to release only security updates after 2 years
Itoddlers will defend this.

Attached: _20180606_105444.jpg (1080x874, 211K)

>android phone makers are smart enough to release only security updates after 2 years
The S5 is one of the most developer friendly Samsung devices though. You don't have to settle for last year's security updates.

oh boy it's a "Jow Forums doesn't understand why normies buy designer products and how >90% of the population will never even learn the term "custom bootloader" thread

>gets slowed down every year

Nice meme, google shill

>he didn't replace his battery
>even though it's been six years

Attached: 1435474736101.jpg (752x584, 64K)

Oh boy it's a "itoddler doesn't understand the difference between a feature update and a security update" post

Attached: appleboys.jpg (1000x1243, 312K)

zdnet.com/article/iphone-throttling-new-class-action-takes-total-to-60-but-how-many-will-apple-face/

I wish. The Internet got a lot worse too.

Though probably still not as bad as Android, now that the market is flooded by soulless phablets and pathetic clone attempts, usually skipping on memory speed while the software interface makes Loonix distrus look professional.

Oh god im retarded.
I didnt realize the SE was the same size, thought it was smaller for some reason.
Then yeah the SE was peak iphone, although since it was identical to the 5s I suppose they were both peak iphone.

I compared 5s on ios 11.x and S4 9505 with LOS 14.1 and samsung stood the trail of time much better.

nice!

I can install everything from gingerbread to oreo on my device. I can also install drivers and use linux distros and chroot

the 5s is only still getting updates because there's still a reason for people to buy it today (the headphone jack, and the lower price)

when an android stops getting updates, it doesn't mean that the thing becomes outdated

Good point. Android phones are usually outdated the moment we get first leaks about a "new" one.

Clearly you have no clue what you're talking about.

or dysfunctional as in self destructing applel products

>Slow as fuck
Source? Because they said iOS 12 will be faster than 11. Also I heard from devs working with iOS that it works quite well on the 5s.