EU now wants to demolish the whole "Fair Use" right

>tl;dr:
There's this faggy new EU directive in the works, currently known as the "Article 13".
If this shit would come to pass, ALL the internet content going in and out would pass through a fancy "content filter", that determines if it's "violating" any kind of possible copyright or license on this planet.

If the filters detect possible "copyright infringing" content, the user trying to post said content will have to PAY A FUCKING TAX to get his shit posted online. Or at very least a permission from each and every copyright owner of the said content.
Similarly, the copyright owners / people governing this mess can block any people / groups / countries they want from posting or accessing their content.

>What does this have to do with Jow Forumsentoo ??
The directive completely ignores the existence of all the free, "fair use" content, created by the individuals.
This includes everything from fan-art, parodies or angry forum posts about games & tech, to Youtube reviews or Twitch streams.

Think how Nintendo hates people posting shit about their games online, but expand and multiply that to cover... EVERYTHING.
Wanna make a post on /v/ showing how embarrassingly broken or ugly Windows 10 is? Tell Applefags why their plastic toys are shit?
Well, you better pay the Bill first (no pun intended), or go to jail!

In short, even Jow Forums itself could go down.

>Seriously??
Yes. This is fucking EU, afterall.

>lol I'm a burger! I'm safe from this shit! :^)
No you're not.
Just like the recent General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), this shit could potentially affect EVERYONE in the world, because Yurop's such a huge market place for the corporations.

>WTF can we do?
check out this site, spread the word, contact your EU politicians:

saveyourinternet.eu

June 20th is the European parliament votes on this shit.

Attached: Stop Article 13 EU.png (1356x576, 424K)

Other urls found in this thread:

changecopyright.org/en-US/
savecodeshare.eu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OP is a nigger.

AFAIK, GitHub is one of the potential victims if this crap will pass. Which I hope won't happen, as a number of EU countries have already stated being against it. Not that it'd really matter if Brussels goes full retard.

Attached: 1268428624480.jpg (1600x1320, 864K)

based eu

>If this shit would come to pass, ALL the internet content going in and out would pass through a fancy "content filter"
If you're on Jow Forums, you should at least me smart enough to understand why this doesn't work and can't be enforced.

Good. The internet is a cancer on humanity. I hope it dies.

BASED EU

AMERICANS HAVE BEEN RIPPING US OFF FOR TOO LONG

It's fucking based!

Jokes on you, I only create oregano content :^}

now youtube leeches can get a real job instead

the article 13 is soley created for authors to flip google and facebook and get actually money back from what is known cache vieweing

OP's right!!! We must secure the existance of our Internet freedoms and an Internet future for EU children!!!

Some more links:
changecopyright.org/en-US/
savecodeshare.eu/

Attached: 1518949041807.jpg (906x1330, 887K)

her chair is probably disgusting

this is fucking great, why would anyone want to stop this? are you guys really that tech illiterate LOL

>OH NO now only ORIGINAL CONTENT will be allowed on the internet, how fr*ggin awful :(((

OP confirmed for talentless and lazy gen Zer
i can't wait for an internet full of OC and without any reposts

Attached: le serious cat.jpg (1172x1646, 125K)

*SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIF*

STOP GDPR
AHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGRSJKHNSFK

*PPPBBRRRRRFRFFFFFFTTTTT* *BBBBVVBBRRRFFFFFFSHHHTTT* MOMMYYYYY

*BBBBBFFFFFRFRRRRRPPPPPHHFFFFFFSHHSHHHNNTTTTTTT* MOMMMMMYYY

I POO POO'D MY DIAPIES BECAUSE MUH GDPR TRIGGERED ME CAUSE MUH IN-KAHN-TIN-NEN-SS

MUH GGGDDDDDDDDPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BULLIES

MOMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1528266779995.png (700x595, 342K)

EU = based af

>not that it'd really matter if Brussels goes full retard
There's a limit to how much shit Brussels can throw at member countries, i really like that they're heading to that limit really fast. Can't wait for the EU apparatchiks to lose their shit.

Fair use doesn't exist in most European countries.

You can quote or parody, but that's it.

And reviews.

I wish India would ban pajeets copying shit.

Doesn't matter, even if they vote for it, it'll take 15 years to get the law implemented, like everything else the European parliament does.