Unironically using Linux in public

>Unironically using Linux in public

Attached: boomer.jpg (380x349, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1528312768854.jpg (490x490, 131K)

More effective than a condom. Women will never confuse you with a possible mate.

android phones have linux too and many normies use those

Yea, nobody cares except vapid Appletrash users that need their glowing company logos to show they are, indeed, overpaying for a machine that is allowed to record everything they do and let Apple sell it.

>unironically posting on Jow Forums

Attached: 1527798059981.png (535x535, 133K)

Linux provides dreadful battery life on my Thinkpad compared to Windows so I don't use it in public or even private.

tfw there are people that pay to advertise someone elses products instead of being paid for it

Attached: nobrain3.jpg (645x729, 45K)

you are doing something wrong then. i get like 10 hours from my gentoo thinkpads battery

>tfw u get paid 3 rupee per shill post
feels good sir

how many girls do you get tho

>record everything they do and let Apple sell it.
You're thinking of Windows, friend. Apple's business model isn't based around selling user data.

literally me, but i drink knock off aldi redbull

>isn't based around selling user data
Yea, they're only kidding when they start redefining things like:
> occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone
> customer activities on our website, iCloud services, our iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, App Store for Apple TV and iBooks Stores and from our other products and services [aggregated]
> details of how you use our services, including search queries [individual]
as "not private" and free for any use, plus then also reserve the right to sell the private data as long as it's a sale or reorganization or merger:
> Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.

apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/

If you think that's nothing, I got a great glowing LED with a banana logo to sell you for $200 as long as you give me a blanket check to rent out all your property while transferring all liability to you.

Don't worry, renting out all your property is [not yet / not my own] business model, I just want that privilege for fun.

PS: This is not a full dissection of that privacy policy and also not including shit from various other EULA and stuff.

Either way, Apple is fucking your privacy completely. Even Google actually has a lot more things they say they won't grab / sell.

My installation of Debian on my T420 has a light XFCE rice and nobody I've worked with has ever commented, even when they've borrowed it for themselves. I'm sure nobody in public gives a fuck either.

There's a big difference between "record everything you do" and selling basic customer data from using their website and their apps. Who cares about that? They aren't selling my process list or things I do in non Apple applications. Microsoft are a different story.

>Even Google actually has a lot more things they say they won't grab / sell.
Yikes... The absolute state of Jow Forums

Apple is literally part of PRISM, fuck off.

>be me, 19 yo white male
>use a thinkpad x220
>repaired it about 5 times myself
>installed a full hd screen
>use arch with cinnamon and $theme_of_the_month
>use my laptop at work, in school, while I commute and at home
>have a cute gf
>she uses mint on her university machine
>never had any problems making friends with people
>go out on weekends
Can I get a medal or something?

see:

>being ashamed of Linux

Attached: COOL HAIR BRO.jpg (400x400, 25K)

>that kid in the freshman computer science class that browses Jow Forums in lecture

Attached: 1514415746049.png (190x266, 5K)

Attached: fuck off.jpg (500x375, 50K)

They are reserving the right to sell everything INCLUDING private data.

Whether they're currently doing it or only later is entirely irrelevant.

> Microsoft are a different story.
I don't excuse them. But no, they're not a different story. Ultimately Apple even reserves the right to sell data they classify as private, and they redefine a hell of a lot as not private.

> Yikes... The absolute state of Jow Forums
If you think Google's privacy policies and stuff still go too far, then that's fair - but they're much more restrained than Apple's.

Been posting on Jow Forums and Jow Forums in class and at university library for years. Don't give a flying fuck.

good job, trying to get gf to use Ubuntu but Apple is best for her since for girls it just werks. Also glad microshit is out of her life

all the ones you'd want but not yet the ideal I want. I lift and I've got lots of money, those things matter to sluts. I'd rather find one who's not basically a whore without a clear contract. What phone and computer I have doesn't matter at all, but some sluts seem to care about the car.

I use Linux on my macbook air in public and grills just think I've found some really 'cool' way to make my macOS look better. They don't know the fucking difference as long as it can go to Facebook and other normie sites. You could literally slap chromeOS on a macbook and they wouldn't know the goddamn difference.

Why does it matter, you're either in firefox or reading a pfd anyway

I heard about a guy who got strip-searched at an airport because his laptop ran Linux.

Srsly - story went that this was just post-9/11, so airport staff weren't taking any chances. They wanted him to start up his laptop (in case it was a bomb). When Linux came up - a shitty calculator OS even then - the staff got really worried that it was some $2 shit made to look like a computer, and was actually an explosive. So he and his stuff were meticulously disassembled to make sure they wouldn't explode at 35000ft, and eventually he went on his way. He installed Windows at his earliest convenience.

Those are unironically the best flavor energy drinks ever

at least they won't think i'm a homosexual with aids with a macbook

Linux users are merely viewed as homeless and likely of poor personal hygiene. One could blame RMS for that stereotype - but one would be deflecting.

Yeah I do, what are you going to do about it, boomer?

FPBP
Bless the Jow Forumsurus keeping this pasta alive

Oh I remember that pic

>using your laptop in public
How do people do that

Linux is a kernel

you just do it

Attached: Stallman2.jpg (900x675, 206K)

Using windows is not going to change that for me

Attached: 1525756001099.png (1280x849, 103K)

kys shill

>Can I get a medal or something?
Maybe for making a story that never happened, yeah

the other parts could have happened but the part where the girl uses linux cant

This guy is alot uglier than you’re imagining

This

Attached: rms_trash_can.jpg (1704x2272, 981K)

BASED