/wt/ Watch Thread Casio Timex Teens Edition

This thread is about the appreciation of watches and horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for new people:
youtube.com/watch?v=uPnTOcCEugU

>thread theme (unironically)
youtu.be/s6jaYJx7yeI

>Other Recommended Watch Media
soundcloud.com/twobrokewatchsnobs
shoutengine.com/WatchAndListen/
hodinkee.com
youtube.com/user/watchfinder

>Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=CtGfhSqj68k

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/4cP1Tpri

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Essential Pieces of a Watch:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous thread

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 4.50.43 PM.png (818x1150, 1.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

oswatch.org/
watchesyoucanafford.com/timex-sl-t2n289-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.83M)

the rivers will flow red with the blood of tudorposters

Why are the old versions of the pastebins in the op

Because op is an idiot?

It is because people interested in Seiko don't find interest in fakes.

Post you're watch set to the current time.

Attached: IMG_5727.jpg (3264x2448, 1.53M)

>Reminder that NO ONE has ever made a replica of a Seiko.
There are fake SKX007s out there.

Attached: 2u5et53.jpg (1024x576, 129K)

You could spot a fake GS in an instant. Meanwhile fake Rolexes routinely have experts stumped.

I did the same. Did you order it with the optional transparent backing?

Regarding the quality; there is no guarantee that Watchunique checks the watches to make sure they function before sending them out. There have been complaints in the past, but nothing catastrophic (i.e. the watch works but maybe like mine it requires a small correction or adjustment). So, I wouldn't be worried, but I would have a watchmaker that I could count on in case I got the watch and something wasn't working great.

The look of the watch is fantastic though, and very 'vintage chronograph' especially with the acrylic crystal (which I prefer over the sapphire in this format). I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

For what it's worth, pic related is the original in the museum that our version is copied from.

What precisely about my posts gives you the impression that I'm autistic? This word gets thrown about far too often...

Attached: The original.jpg (405x425, 37K)

Opinions of this 3d printable open source hardware/software watch?
oswatch.org/

Attached: watch_4.jpg (1024x768, 121K)

Broke my casio
All the ones in shops near me are knockoffs
Fuck

Attached: 20180606_234619.jpg (4128x3096, 3.33M)

I really like this OP

this thread is lithe and nubile

I didn't get the display caseback, I prefer solid casebacks.
When I say you are autistic I mean it as in you research everything yo make sure you know it 100% before committing.

Attached: E747CFF7-2F82-47C6-A00F-1AA2D2DF2527.jpg (4032x3024, 3.74M)

I had that casio when I was 8.

No shit. Money doesn't grow on trees man. Like many, I've had to tighten my belt in recent years, and therefore I can't waste purchases or experiment the way I could decades ago.

What I've found is that if I research something to the fullest extent, then I know what kind of risk I'm taking. When I bought the Seagull in January, I was prepared for a 100$ extra charge in case I needed a watchmaker to do something serious. When the watch came in, all it needed was a small correction to the running seconds which normally connects with the chrono seconds through the coupler wheel thing (sorry for the lack of horology terms...I can't remember them). A 20$ fix, and it works like a dream.

But I can't throw money down the drain man, especially on a watch with very questionable quality control. Any purchases I make now must be either necessities or 'fun', but reliable and sure-thing 'fun' purchases. This watch fits into the latter category.

Regarding the caseback; I heard an interesting argument about display casebacks, which I never really thought about but now makes perfect sense. I think it was a watchmaker who said this: 'I prefer display casebacks, because then it's usually easy to see what has gone wrong if the watch has stopped'. Honestly, it never occurred to me, as display backs generally are there to 'show off the movement'....but he was quite right. If anything goes wrong, at least with a display back you can get an idea what's wrong (or what's not wrong) before opening it up.

Take it for what it's worth, and maybe think of purchasing one in the future if you intend to keep the watch long-term. The movement is not unattractive, and it's nice to see the chrono couple and running.

Attached: Rear Window.jpg (600x600, 96K)

I honestly have no idea why you keep posting pictures of your hideous trap girlfriend but if you don't stop im going to find him and get him to fuck me in front of you.

Teel your gf (male) to repaint her nails. it looks disgusting.

The posts you’re replying to are about watches

Attached: 6FDE130C-B6DF-40DF-99EA-93EAFAF4742A.jpg (4032x3024, 3.55M)

cute bois wearing skirts and casios

How big are their feminine penis', could you strap a watch around them?

I'm just saying she needs to fix her nails.
Why care so much about the style of her watches and leave her fucked up nails that are flaking out paint.
Also I bought the terrorist version with a calculator for my dad since he loved those casios.

this fucking pedophile and his homely sluts need to be publicly executed and banned

Attached: IMG_20180606_160747.jpg (3036x4048, 3.47M)

How can anyone not be utterly embarrassed to wear such cheap awful watches in public? Don't they have any self respect?

Have you seen the guy? If someone half his age and a quarter of his mass is willingly hanging out they obviously have no self respect.

Is there a Casio F91 variant that has a 20mm watch band? (and maybe a black face plate?)
I really like the look and functions of this watch, but all my straps are 20mm and the watch is 18mm.

My collection suits the theme

Attached: 8E9EB033-E525-484D-B07F-3AB18D4BE314.jpg (3264x2448, 1.47M)

It's fucking hideous

post pic of me, i dare u.

see how fast u go bye bye

can i venmo you money to have archie to review your "collection" ?

just send this pic to archie and donate yourself lazy

look at that pair of feminine benises

Having all those identical watches not being set to the EXACT same time would drive me mad.
How are the wrist straps on the colored models compared to the black model? In pictures the colored bands look a lot softer than the black one.

Another box is worth more than the watches pic. Only in /wt/

what strap should I get for my amphibia? not a fan of the natos and the z22 doesn't fit

Hi, what do you think of my SKX that you can see on my wrist to the right of this picture? I really like it and think it complements my aesthetic.
This is a post about my watch and is related to this thread.

Attached: 1523561539200.png (1017x768, 1.02M)

Attached: U.png (133x30, 10K)

Your sperg length posts, and numerous of them, prove it more than anything else.

i-is that your gf?

who's the hippie with dead hair?

It's his """"gf""""""
Here in the timex

Search "nubile in the archive and you will see more pics of her and uncensored ones too

I'm amazed redneck trailer trash actually have internet.

oh god.

i dont even.

is being fat with a teenager's haircut your aesthetic?

Hi guys. I bought this Rolex at a thrift store for $30. It wasn't working so I brought it to a watchmaker. They verified it was a Rolex and charged me $25 to get it working. It works beautifully. My total investment is $55. How did I do? Was it a good deal?

Attached: foto_no_exif.jpg (1753x1189, 590K)

How accurately would you say this post replicated his posting style? Yes that's a real picture of him and the girl(male) he posts.
Going off of the posts above some of you seemed to think that was actually him after he edged on the post here

Personally think it looks shit. But for 55 and is a real Rolex a great deal. Maybe flip it and get something better with your profit.

Did a cleaning on my fox fire g-shock and had the idea to make it less boring so I painted stuff on it orange.
How do you guys like it?
Also taking apart a g-shock isn't hard but pretty challenging.

Attached: 20180607_023036.jpg (4608x3456, 3.41M)

Wtf, that kinda actually looks somewhat real.

If anything I'd say the opposite.
Colored ones feels more stiff and dry whereas the black i have here feels soft and slick in comparison.
This black one has quite some years and wear from circumnavigations so maybe that is why. Have newer one I can compare to tomorow.

Get your eyes checked user.

That bracelet is a disaster

> They verified it was a Rolex
Stop lying.

Cringeworthy shitpost.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 5.36.57 PM.png (1797x987, 2.09M)

the madness! the history!

Are G-Shock contemplated?

Attached: 2018-04-03 12.14.16_edit.jpg (3024x3024, 1.95M)

Take that name off and ask again using a full question.

I demand forgiveness

the classic ones are nice, but all the new neon ones with a million things on the dial are kind of lame

Attached: DW-5600E-1V_1_large.jpg (480x480, 29K)

Cringe

That's because it is real
I am not lying
Its not a shitpost. It actually happened. I know it sounds crazy. But yah, I won the watch lottery on this. Sure I was fishing for (you)s with the post. I know what its worth. Just wanted to share and have some fun while doing so. I bought it at an ARC btw.

Attached: arc_thrift_stores.jpg (1338x976, 350K)

that one on the right isn't female.

>$3000-$5000 watch acquired for $55
>uhg the bracelet is a disaster
How does it matter?

No watchmaker would charge $25 to repair a real Rolex.

>heh, you think *you* know about watches, kid?
>time for a good, ol fashioned schoolin'

Attached: IMG_20180606_180802.jpg (1947x2631, 1.4M)

nice hat. fucking terrible watch.

They would if all they needed to do was get it started. Its a perpetual motion. Whatever they did took a very short time. What is the easiest thing to do to get a perpetual motion stated if it has stopped from lack of use?

I'm pretty sure I know about watches.

> What is the easiest thing to do to get a perpetual motion stated if it has stopped from lack of use?
Move it. You're an idiot.

That dial looks better out of sunlight imo

That watch is infinitely more interesting than a newman

I understand that. When shaken the winding mechanism could be heard but the watch didn't start. The lady at the counter wound it for me because I didn't know about unscrewing the knob. It still didn't start. She took it for an estimate. I left the store and an hour later they called me back saying it could be fixed for $25 which they did.
Fuck off with the bully. Sure I am a watch newb that stumbled into a deal but it happened. The watch is a Rolex. Deal with it.

>Continued
Prove to me its not a Rolex you jealous cunts. In addition to the watchmaker verifying it I have also gone through all the steps to verify it is real. Nothing indicates it is a fake. Look at the magnification on the date ffs. It is correct. Also the engraving of the Rolex emblem is visible over the 6 o clock though not apparent in that pic obviously.

What's the deal with that chinese watch everyone is constantly posting in eery thread eery day

Is it just good and cheap

>that chinese watch
the omega speedmaster? Or something else?

The seagull would be my bet

>Look at the magnification on the date ffs.
Oh I am, I really am.

Open up the back and take a picture. Only way to be sure.

the dial, bezel, chapter ring & hands all line up on the fakes

>and there is none
Oh i am laughin

Which case shape is it?

>Look at the magnification on the date
What magnification? Compare it to pic related and you can see the cyclops doesn’t magnify anything. Decent shitpost regardless.

Attached: 969EC8DD-5DA7-413D-8781-DD842D2584D2.jpg (1125x865, 642K)

im going to india for 9 months lads, im not a poo

what watch to get

Attached: 1527594016832.gif (335x500, 2.61M)

Shortest fakest looking Seiko 5 with redial that runs on the power of its shitty aids

>tfw finally got a casio
i love memes

None, it'll get stolen. Just buy a shitter there for a few cents.

You know, these Timex watches are kind of gaudy but there's something endearing about the whole "Intelligent Quartz" thing.

Attached: 91QEWHsR7vL._AC_UY700_.jpg (476x700, 77K)

What is the intelligent quartz and what does it do?

>tfw to intelligent

It's just a marketing thing that says Timex tried more than usual. I think It's kind of cute when a budget brand tries to break into a higher postion of respect, but maybe I'm just weird. Timex made some quartz watches under a different name and tried to make people buy them for a few hundred instead of the usual Timex prices. When people didn't bite they pulled out the name and put the movements they developed into a line they call "Intelligent Quartz".

If you look around for technoluxury or just Timex intelligent quartz you'll find a few watches with a neat little gimmick on them.

The one I just posted earlier is just a really long chronograph. Some of them have features like perpetual calendar, gmt, altitude, etc.

Attached: 8058459442_4bff056468_b.jpg (991x998, 522K)

Interesting. I think it's quite cute as well and it is kind if cool they are trying to break out of their usual slot. The one you posted before is interesting I might see what else they offer.

Then there's this sucker here that tells you things like the temperature and the position of the tides.

If I didn't already have a pathfinder (pro trek) I might have gotten something like this.

Attached: 81Ma+Ruk58L._AC_UY700_.jpg (440x700, 93K)

What the hell is this

Attached: Meme.jpg (968x1163, 310K)

watchesyoucanafford.com/timex-sl-t2n289-review/

if you pay attention to the first sentence of his paragraph, he says "No Shit."

This, if you weren't aware, means that he agrees with your assessment about him.

Attached: 1499870764144.jpg (800x1000, 192K)