SSDs aren't a meme! They aren't just a failed experiment! They'll replace hard drives, you'll see!

>SSDs aren't a meme! They aren't just a failed experiment! They'll replace hard drives, you'll see!

Attached: ssd price.png (1134x348, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/WD-My-Book-Desktop-schwarz/dp/B01LWVT81X/?th=1
gamersnexus.net/guides/1497-ssd-architecture-1-what-is-tlc-nand-mlc-anatomy?showall=1
eenewseurope.com/news/intel-micron-lag-behind-toshiba-96-layer-3d-nand-4bits-cell-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Everything that uses flash based memory is fucked due to the memory cartels.
SSDs themselves have nothing to do with any of the price issues but you're too much of a brainlet to understand samsung, micron and SK hynix managed to be bigger jews than the entirety of intel somehow.

fuck you you piece of shit

SSD are wonderfull

I struggle everyday whitout one usind adobe softwares

eat my shit you fucking nigger cum eater

my 100% disk usage is giving me FUCKING CANCER

eat my ass with your shitty bait

SSDs are a meme. OS disk caching and delayed writes should compensate 99% for it

They won't replace HDDs. They'll replace OS disks.

Wow, that's some 25yo woman-level coping there.

SSDs have replaced HDDs for most computer users who aren't super poorfags. Most computer buyers buy a laptop, and every laptop isn't some dirt poor garbage in the past 5 years uses an SSD as its only storage drive. HDDs aren't obsolete, they have their uses, but their usage among the average end user shrinks each day.

thank god I bought into the ssd meme, the fact that Jow Forums is against it it's a proof that they are excellent devices.

pretty much. anything Jow Forums is against is actually good. I take no one seriously on here anymore.

why doesn't one of the big boys invest in a factory to produce memory and wreck their shit, and then undercut them again when they try to bring prices back down to reality?

as soon as they hit 500GB for 50 bucks HDDs are dead. Shouldn't be too long.

>100% disk usage
Stop using Windows.

Attached: 1493902320745.jpg (608x464, 110K)

No one ever thought SSDs would replace HDDs for large media and bulk data storage.

It's only ever really been meant for applications that need the speed, and the OS.

Everything else is fine on HDDs.

That graph only affects poorfags though.

>average SSD price
>average, which factors in non-consumer-grade SSDs
>being this pants-on-head-autistic

welcome to Jow Forums friendo, nobody here knows what theyre talking about, this nu b/ with smarty pants from nu /polol

what are you doing here then, faggot? fuck off back to where you came from.

who would have knew that something that use flash memory will talk in 2017 due to price fixing..

won't happened, they just let hdd died itself, take a look western digital and seagate they have full line up of ssd. So price won't go down.

An SSD is easily the best purchase I made for my PC.
When your PC boots in under 10 seconds rather than in over a minute, then you'll understand.

This. So much this. A 120-250GB SSD + a 1-2TB HDD is the only way to have a computer now. You're really doing it wrong it you do not have a SSD as a boot drive

Or when maps load in games in less than 20 seconds.

I think you underestimate the amount of money that would take to actually compete
It has to be more than 50-60b
No sane company would even try when they can get volume discounts

>SSDs/flash
>a failed experiment

Imagine being this retarded. Jesus christ, a good thread had to die for this tech incompetent shit.

>SSD boot
>HDD storage

What is the issue here?

Absolutely nothing

Attached: IMG_3914.png (866x900, 94K)

Please tell me how well that works out when you actually try to do anything more than casual shitposting.

>fine
>on spinning platters
For the first few years of active use, maybe. Then you begin to see the failures.

They don't

>i am implying that ssds are a meme and failed experiment because their market price is not falling down
premium retard

Attached: 1522165064030.jpg (960x540, 43K)

Isn't capitalism great?

>I am poor!

SSDs are in a great way price wise

However why do RAM prices have to be so fucking high?

>tfw shorted SSD last june

Attached: 295.png (1000x1000, 489K)

Fuck you commie bitch

You bitch about 256GB prices but 500GB prices are at $100 too now so your point is for idiots.

Also 1TB SSD are like fucking $180.

Why would you even 256 seriously.

>2% disk usage
>feelsgoodman

Just bought a 500GB 860evo for 129$ thanks OP

Once you go SSD, you can't go back
>few years ago, reinstalled windows 7 on 4 year old HDD
>can immediately tell the speed difference
>boot times were tripled
I only keep my OS on the SSD though, HDD's will always be better for storage.

Stop using Seagate lol

Currently in my 9th year without hdd, I will never go back to this slow, noisy, ineficient piece of shit.

Stop looking at backblaze stats. They aren't at all helpful for mainstream consumers, seeing as they're pushed inside tiny racks and way past their normal thermal tolerance.

Even on Amazon reviews, Seagate gets lower ratings on their storage tier drives.
Yes Seagates are cheaper, but you'll be paying for it.

no nvme boot sloboa

amazon.de/WD-My-Book-Desktop-schwarz/dp/B01LWVT81X/?th=1
>seagate
>cheaper

Looks like there can be problems getting it working but it can definitely be done

Ouch more expensive and less reliable damn.

Windows 10 1803 is basically unusable on a HDD.

>Run a server with two 2TB rust disks in raid 1.
>Write delay constantly 150ms+
>Trace it down to fail2ban's database
>Fucking chinks and ruskies slamming SSH
>Set database to be memory only
>Write delay drops to 50ms
Shit IOPS is shit IOPS bro. Doesn't matter what OS you have if your disk can't even handle a dozen database transactions per second.

You're living in some autistic dreamworld or you're roleplaying like it's 2009? Ssd already take over hdd.

Except this isn't about capitalism
If every consumer was educated and tried to make his own decisions and his own research this problem wouldn't exist
There are small SSD companies making cheap and good SSDs, the problem is that the majority of consumers just falls for marketing that the huge corporations can afford, wow it's samsung, must be good, so they buy samsung, even though there's a less recognized brand just one scroll of the mouse away, 20% cheaper and only slightly worse

Capitalism isn't at fault here, people are

with the low price of HDD it's a good time to cash in on storage + performance from RAID set ups.

SSDs have the lifetime expectancy of a fucking flash drive anyway.

>SSDs have the lifetime expectancy of a fucking flash drive anyway.
Which is longer than a HDD, lmao. My HDD that I got at the same time as my SSD died like two years ago.

and my hdd which i got 15 years ago is still kicking it.

your personal experience is irrelevant.

So is yours because the statistics show that mechanical drives are unreliable.

Nothing is reliable, that's why backups are a thing.

I have not once been bothered by having to wait 60s for my computer to fully boot, "muh boot" is the dumbest argument you could make in favour of SSDs.

I can't tell if you're trolling or just retarded
It's not just the boot, it's literally everything you do on your computer.

>Want to copy 50k small files?
SSD is faster
>Want to copy a single huge file?
SSD is faster
>Want to load some software?
SSD is faster
>Want to install something?
SSD is faster
>Want to search for a file?
SSD is faster
>Want to hash check a file?
SSD is faster
>Want to do literally anything at all involving disk I/O?
SSD is faster

If you want to keep being delusional and denying how it would benefit you, then by all means do that. It's your loss, not mine. However please stop trying to spread your retardation to others.

These cheaper manufacturers are chink shitters.

Gonna buy a kingston a400 ssd
Is this a good brand? Just 50 usd for a 240gb model.

Well sure if you look at technology milestones Toshiba should be the biggest NAND vendor but the market is not that intelligent, the cheaper is always better mentality is not any better and destroyed many promising technologies because the mass market doesn't care about tomorrow.

All those cheap SSDs with decent capacities use TLC flash and lack internal RAM which in turn uses it's own storage as the ram reducing it's life even more.
I'm not saying they are bad but it won't have the same endurance as the other options out there hence why they cost a bit more.
Think of something like X will last you maybe 3 or 4 years vs Y lasting you 8.

gamersnexus.net/guides/1497-ssd-architecture-1-what-is-tlc-nand-mlc-anatomy?showall=1

Been using the same HDD for nine years now. No bad sectors or errors.
Maybe you should stop cumming inside your PC, you sick fuck.

Expecting some huge price drops soon

eenewseurope.com/news/intel-micron-lag-behind-toshiba-96-layer-3d-nand-4bits-cell-0

what you are waiting for SSD price drops? SSD droped in price in like 2013 or some thing and has been at a constant price since it wont drop any lower idiot.

>aderpe software
Found your problem kiddo
Inb4 muh perfershionel use case, cropping pics of 2D grills isn't a professional use case

Shitskin detected.

>All of my internal drives are SSD
>Mfw have to use external HDD for storage
Waiting for that fucker to spin up feels like an eternity in comparison to how snappy the SSD are.
I can't wait for +4TB SSD to become affordable. Will probably take till 2021 for that to happen though.

Attached: 1527222854459.png (321x321, 12K)

I need a 4TB gaming SSD

Only for writes. And you know damn well that the biggest pro of SSDs is the lack of seek times which vastly improves just about any real world use case, even if it had the same read/write speeds as an HDD.

xe was just saying that this boot time shit is the dumbest argument of all, which I totally understand because reading it everywhere is cringy as fuck. or is there anybody who turns on his computer 30 times a day? fuck you.

this.

>Jow Forums is one person
Don't be a contrarian for the sake of it, think.

While it may be less relevant it's the most noticeable improvement, so it makes sense that that's the one you hear about.

They are a meme. The promise of price parity fell dead few years ago when SSD prices started sky rocketing.

I do hope the there's a investigation into this cartel