/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

How do I get a new IP address for my connection? Contacted my ISP three times and every time they gave me the same bullshit 'that is only available for our business plan customers sir' response.

I am trying this right now:

I have set the DHCP lease to 30 min (from the default 1 week). Using Technitium MAC Address Changer I assigned a new random MAC address to my connection, then unplugged my router, and then unplugged my modem. All in that order

I did this yesterday except I only unplugged my router and not my modem and it didn't work. Are the steps in which I'm doing it fine? Or should the order be: unplug modem -> spoof MAC address with Technitium -> unplug router?

Any help would be great.

Attached: DdXFAD8U8AAVYQx.jpg (1024x1012, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

getintopc.com/softwares/cd-dvd-tools/daemon-tools-pro-ultra-5-2-0-0644-free-download/
tonymacx86.com/
hackintosh.com/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66134876/
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LiveUSB/Guide
whatgamingmouse.com/gaming-mice-list/
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
exam-labs.com/vendors
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Your ISP still assigns your public IP from it's pool of IPs, you can't do anything about it.

I'm keeping the modem and router unplugged for 30+ min so my IP lease runs out and I hopefully get assigned a new IP address from the pool.

Is that thinking correct?

>you can't do anything about it.
Fuck, so there's no other option?

Why doesnt Jow Forums have a draw thread?

Because no one has made one.

wipe/format SSDs: good or bad?

What does the full version of Pycharm have over the community edition

Best tool for taking a directory tree full of FLAC files and converting them to 16/44 if they aren't already?

powershell / bash + ffmpeg

No, setting the DHCP lease on your modem/router is only going to affect devices on your wifi/lan.

You can't do anything about it aside from just power cycling your modem a bunch until you get a new IP and that's not guaranteed to work either.

What'd you get yourself IP banned from?

Change ISP to one that offers dynamic IP?

>windows forced an April 2018 update this morning
>turn my desktop on
>CPU is now running 95 degrees idling at desktop
What the flying fuck happened?

Attached: cpu temp.jpg (2492x1394, 922K)

What's a 16/44?

16 bits per sample, sample rate 44.1khz

I have several releases that were "hi-def" needledrops, but HDD space is getting cramped since I lost a 1tb drive.

What is the best version of Windows 7, telemetry and security updates optional.
I'm willing to go to 10, which in that case I would use LTSB, but i have an older laptop that i think would work best with 7. Thanks in advance.

is it possible to install high sierra on a laptop with the following specs?

Asus Q550LF

4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-4500U mobile processor
NVIDIA GT 745M graphics 2GB dedicated video Memory

i intend to replace the harddrive with a 500gb 850evo

Attached: Snapchat-139697357.jpg (667x663, 22K)

>What'd you get yourself IP banned from?
irc

Would that work? How do I know if my IP is static or dynamic anyway? When I ipconfig /all in command prompt I get "DHCP enabled: No' which apparently means static IP. But on my ISP's forum an expert says that they only hand out Dynamic IPs which only change if the client's MAC address changes.

If I switch my router would that work?

I'm dualbooting windows 10 ltsb and manjaro linux
this morning when I started my pc it wouldn't boot into either OS, after work I spent an hour and a half trouble shooting the problem. windows kept looping into repair, manjaro flip flopped between failing to load the kernel and dependencies failing then timing out and nothing happening or dumping me into emergency fallback mode.
I disconnected my ssd with my OS's after trying to repair both and failing multiple times and was going to reinstall and split the two os's between two ssd's but I mis-clicked a boot device from bios and it just worked
windows booted
then when I switched the boot order of windows and grub manjaro booted too.

what the flying fuck happened?

Attached: 27d070cadb1febcaa27998f00ca5c6fb--that-s-show.jpg (500x359, 49K)

it's not guaranteed to, and probably cheaper to buy a vps or bouncer or something.

perhaps get some perspective if replacing your router is a real consideration for being banned from some shitty IRC channel in 2018.

Firefoxfags, what do you use for hoverzoom/image zoom?
The userscript ive been using stopped working for some sites recently.

Attached: 560F0B88B6FD475FA07B5181FE802FB1.jpg (796x795, 137K)

he's probably trying to bypass an IP ban from Twitch chat, their backend is IRC still.

Is icaros botnet?

getintopc.com/softwares/cd-dvd-tools/daemon-tools-pro-ultra-5-2-0-0644-free-download/

dis copy of dt pro legit? :-DDDDDDD

It's possible for a hacker to disconnect me from the internet if he doesn't like how I'm playing? I'm no talking about kick me from the server

No. Websites can be put offline if "hackers" flood the servers with bogus traffic, but your computer doesn't accept incoming traffic so it's impossible

Thanks

ok so I just got my 2200g. Updating the motherboard's bios with a cheap SPI flasher (don't have much money and didn't want to wait for an old cpu to arrive) was a pain but I eventually got it working.
It will mainly be used as an emulation/indie-game machine and I want it to be running linux (Debian to be exact, testing for now but might go back to stable with backports) both because of compatibility issues with my setup and because that's what I'm the most comfortable with.
The thing is quite recent and Linux support is just starting to get good, what do I do in order to get the most out of it? I already have updated the kernel to 4.16 and mesa to 18.0.1.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

how to format an exteral hardrive

hacintosh is a fucking nightmare, you need to have very specific parts, even if its never a guarantee.

good luck, and god speed, never got it to work over 2 years. fuck everything apple

tonymacx86.com/
hackintosh.com/

I have an empty SSD on m PC that I want to put Gentoo on. How do I do it? Preferably without opening my PC up physically.

I moved into an apartment and they have free public wifi in the pool area, its about 250 feet from my apartment is it possible to buy something that will make it usable from my apartment?

I don't want to pay for internet

Is the link in the op save and not full of trojan/bitcoin miner?
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66134876/

How do you compare filenames,and any part of the file name can be a case match?
I have files that are are different hashes but have some parts of the same filename.
How do i script to find what filenames have parts of the same filenames in a directory?

How do I change the WM theme to Pocillo on Ubuntu?

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LiveUSB/Guide

dude it's going to be fucking terrible internet, even if you got an antenna that was able to pull the signal. if you really don't want to pay for internet, look up all those tutorials on how to crack wifi networks. I did it at a time when nearly every router i tried had no WPS pin lockouts, and got easy fast free internet that way.

How can I set the default zoom in firefox to 150%?

i just assumed that most modern routers were pretty formidable against cracks nowadays. i guess i'll look more into that but i wont hold my breath

I have a Delux M625 PMW3360 mouse but the wesbite "Deluxworld" doesnt have the fucking driver
what can i do?

Attached: Delux_M625_01.jpg (640x426, 81K)

Will I be cucking myself using an AM3 processor like the FX6300 with a GTX 1060?

Attached: build v2.png (574x767, 45K)

does it really not have generic drivers? i thought windows would find a generic driver for pretty much anything.

>this nigga bought a knock-off chinese deathadder

lmao my dude if you wanna be a razer kid you gotta buy the real razer shit not the fake stuff

Buy a VPN service.

yeah, it works perfectly, but i dont even know what DPI i have.
i would like to have either 400 or 800 DPI, how can i figure out what i have?
>chinese deathadder
*chinese Mamba
>costs 24€
>has better sensor than the actual Mamba
enjoy your overpriced razershit, worst company in gaming

>calls them razershit
>bought a mouse that is literally a knockoff of their mouse

now i understand why apple haters are always poor

>implying i cared about that
i just looked at the sensor and the shape, i didnt know it was a knockoff of another mouse until after i bought it
enjoy your 15€ mice priced at 5 times their value

I do, all the servers are blacklisted

>deathadder can go up to 16,000 dpi
>ya guys my 800 dpi sensor is da same!! p-please stop laughing at my poorness

Attached: 1507260023571.png (645x729, 116K)

>thinking sensor quality can be simply put in DPI numbers
do you also fall for the GHz meme instead of real performance?
have you ever thought of sensor accuracy or max speed? those actually matter

lets see your "real" performance data then ?

or do we have to wait for them to develop drivers for your knockoff mouse before we can get those figures?

Attached: 081f86abb7ac93ea67026c074ff570f32d5d05c9_hq.jpg (611x611, 55K)

Do USB C to USB C cables like pic related still need a 56k ohm resistor like USB A to USB C does?

Attached: 28848a.jpg (600x600, 17K)

whatgamingmouse.com/gaming-mice-list/
look in the acceleration chart you fucking underage brainlet
i cant believe you fucking fell for the numbers meme when it comes to mouse marketing
PMW3360 can do more than 800 DPI btw, not that it actually matters much unless you want to move your mouse at a stupidly high speed in your desktop

>whatgamingmouse.com

find us a real citation not your chinese fake sites bruh

Attached: slug.png (480x720, 474K)

google "mouse sensor chart" or "sensor chart acceleration" you fucking underage, im not gonna spoonfeed you anymore

you have yet to spoonfed me because you keep being W R O N G

stop defending your poorness and accept that you bought a shitty knockoff mouse and now youll cry to your mommy and beg for money to buy a real razer mouse so you wont get laughed at at elementary school

This pops up before every page on the site. How do I fix it?

Attached: hepl.png (357x184, 6K)

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that mouse actually uses a A3050 as is evident in the spec sheets...if you ordered through amazon you can return it though.

I lost a bookmark.
It was a link to a page which guesses your public PGP keys into 11 groups based on which library was used on generating them.
Does anyone know what I'm looking for?

Attached: 53d85037b25d4879174ea4b57d3963d9.gif (500x281, 2.76M)

not him but people with razer mice are generally laughed at by both normies and Jow Forums autists. sorry you had to hear it from me, fag

You're mixing up shit in your home network with shit outside it. Nothing on your LAN "knows" about what your ISP do. There's basically no way to find out that shit other than guessing based on what happens when you reset your router, and they could just have the lease set to refresh like once a month or something.

what worked for me was setting a static ip, with fake data that purposely wouldn't work, instead of DHCP, restarted the router a couples of times (?) and waited overnight and when i switched to DHCP again i had a new IP.

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

Don't even use windows update. Just get WSUS Offline and use the "security only" option.

Unplug your modem for 24--48hrs. Usually an ip lease won't last longer.

Where the fuck are the Unicode text descriptions of what each emoji should look like? I've looked everywhere but I can't find anything.

How do you find the exact model of a phone or tablet's wifi chip? Googling didn't do it, apps I installed (AIDA64, etc) didn't show it

Pointless mostly.

why are these CASP practice exams so incorrect?

Attached: q5.png (1023x442, 55K)

Attached: q4.png (1030x445, 59K)

why are they such shit? i actually paid for these practice exams from a third party and they have incorrect answers

Attached: q3.png (1033x446, 31K)

idk about that site but i use

exam-labs.com/vendors

for sec+ and net+ and the answers are generally correct and if they arent then people in comments will correct them

i bought these from some guy names phung duc, and the exams are as shitty as his name

thanks tho, ill check it out

they dont have my exam, the comptia CAS-003 :/
guess ill check out the 002 tho

I started learning C/C++ on zybooks a few months ago and I'm done with both zybooks, what/where do I go from here? i didnt have much experience with programming until 6 months ago, but I feel like my instructor was garbage and I still have more to learn

sucks, they didnt have my PMP when i took it either but they got it later after i did...

from what i read on reddit that site actually uploads exam "leaks" so a lot of people report getting exams with the *exact* same questions as the ones on that site. i think this happens most often with a+, net+, and some microsoft certs but thats prolly just cuz they're more commonly taken.

Well hold on here, are we assuming this is based purely off the financial cost, or which one eliminates incidence for the lowest cost?

Attached: 1252611722469.jpg (537x318, 31K)

Sololearn

Thx

is it a waste of time to call a company to ask about openings if they dont have any on their website? im just wondering if some big companies might not bother putting positions online.

You lose literally nothing by calling them and making sure, so do it.

The tabs on Chrome Are super tiny for some stupid ass reason, I've been trying to google this, but It always leads to DPI issues, Which I don't have custom DPI on my PC, Any ideas? Really fucking frustrating.

Attached: Capture.png (1823x115, 31K)

Any recommendations for electronic circuit / breadboard prototyping software for beginners?

Someone recommended Autodesk Eagle, but I'm not familiar with this kind of software yet to know if that's a good choice.

What's the best image editor for tablets? I've tried those Photoshops and Aviary but they are very rudimentary - no layer support etc. I want something with more juice

Is there any service that recieves and stores parcels for some time (~2 months)
Or, can I ship directly to a self-storage unit?

I'm going to be without a UK address but still want some stuff to get shipped her

Attached: Your_Xenoblade_Newcomer.jpg (543x768, 100K)

Should i take a couple of comp sci courses so i know some basics before i try to get into the it field?

>fuck everything apple
Hackintosh has nothing to do with apple

Lateral thinking my dude, he's saying fuck apple for making it illegal to install OSX on non-apple hardware, thus reducing community support.

I haven't been on Jow Forums for a while, I stopped coming here around the time Windows 10 was released and I remember people hated it.
Well, I'm currently in a position where I will most likely get Windows 10 for my machine so now I'm curious; why does Jow Forums hate it? Something to do with efficiency? Privacy?

tl;dr Does Jow Forums hate Windows 10?
Is there a non-autistic reason to do so?

Attached: confused cat.jpg (3000x3000, 1.16M)

It writes 40gb to my SSD every day even after disabling all the botnet crap that supposedly makes unwanted writes.

So yeah, It's shit.

Speaking of
>Send help

Mine(ISP) does, IP doesn't change unless I swap router. Different MAC gives the magic I think.

as girl I can say 2200g is the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Anyone help me please

I can't understand Java, every tutorial and book I try reading I just don't fucking get it at all no matter what. Video games fried my brain, what do I do guise? I need some complete retard proof babby Java tutorial, please.

Is there such a thing as fake ram?

Are there any good plug-ins for Foobar for playlist management? I need a way to "bookmark" tracks, but constantly forget which playlist I'm on before clearing it/starting a new album which resets the list completely.

Can you plug in your raspberry pi to your PC and configure it from windows? Or do you need to connect a keyboard/monitor etc to your pi to do it?

I would want one for Pihole and other shit but it would be pretty annoying to need to plug a monitor and shit just to configure something.

Attached: 1456239278744.png (722x768, 304K)

whats it called when get a bunch of photos of peoples faces and blend them into one face? Like when they try to find the average face of a certain area. My retarded google searches can't find anything

Morphing

Just revert to 7 unless you absolutely you need DX12.