What does Jow Forums think about high end ($1200+) MSI laptops?

what does Jow Forums think about high end ($1200+) MSI laptops?
pic related, new purchase and what im typing this on

Attached: msi.png (600x480, 158K)

BASED

Would be better without the number pad and autistic keyboard back light.

extremly shit

NEVER BUY OP

>high end
>MSI
Pick one.

>

>high end
>$1200

You will die slowly and painfully.

Got an MSI four years ago for my job that had me traveling every month on average.
Still capable of playing modern games at high settings. I'd probably buy again as a good high end laptop to travel and game on.

Game on, dude. May you find many epic kill streaks and save many princesses.

>without the number pad
With those screen sizes it would be wasted space if it was just plastic edge. May as well throw it in there.

Then you have an off centre trackpad.

Have one. Love it recommend great for work and game. Keyboard feels a little ehhh but still great

I have one that lasted me through uni, did large CAD files and data analysis just fine. My main complaint was that trying to upgrade to an SSD meant completely removing the bottom panel for any kind of access.

I'd rather have that than idiotically misaligned to the space bar.

Is this a Walmart laptop?

You don't need to choose between them.

I know it's not that much of a big deal, but it's kinda dumb when a keypadless laptop has a few extra keys on one side that end up decentering the keyboard and they keep the centered trackpad instead of shifting it back to center with the spacebar.

Probably decent but I'd do more research

Had the GL62M. 1050 with 8GB DDR4 and an i7-7700. It was decent but MSI build quality is garbage and it had one of the worst screens ever.

What model is this?

I don't know about MSI but I had a HP Omen for a few months (7300HQ and 1050) and it throttled constantly

Nice i just bought an alienware, i started a board about it earlier for me these kind are perfect if your never home like i am i work 28 days on and 14 days off so being able to game while I'm gone is a nice luxury. I honestly was checking out msi too when i was making a descision, but there is a huge market of gaming laptops so it seems hard to sift through it i saw cybertron had one for 2,000 and it was liquid cooled surprisingly another guy told me predator was good. Anyway nice choice and i hope it handles everything you intend to throw at it i know my alienware does

>2018
>High-end
>No Thunderbolt 3
good luck expanding your setup

Attached: 1483745082168.gif (217x217, 1.46M)

What distro are you running on it?

If you need it for gaming, it should at least be 75hz with gsync or freesync already on it. I'd also recommend undervolting it, since a lot of laptop manufacturers overvolt it to make sure it is super stable. Use Intel extreme tuning software to undervolt.

shity

Sorry im not sure what distro is im still new to a this which is why im visiting these boards and stuff more often. I have been wanting to learn all this for a long time. Question though i might make a board but my next step is to get a desktop gaming pc but whether i buy it from a company or get it customed built im not sure what to put in it because there is so many options and all really needs to do is take whatever i can throw at it with no problem. Im a nerd with mobey so going up 10,000 if i have to is not an issue but i would rather not do that. So any suggestions?

> thunderbolt
> still not the standard it was built to be
> still not widely supported
must suck being this much of a bitter apple cuck?

>Would be better without the number pad

Attached: tom_reading.jpg (583x435, 56K)

Use the PC building general.
It's true, laptops are better without number pads.