Why are Xiaomi phones so ugly and poor build quality?

Anons on Jow Forums told me they were the best. They were wrong.

Attached: ioPHqafnEnmpr6tHiGpXSU-650-80.jpg (650x365, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/7tuk65/mi_a1_build_quality_best_case/
reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/79qv6f/xiaomi_build_quality_worries/
quora.com/Are-Xiaomi-phones-reliable-in-terms-of-quality-and-durability
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
youtube.com/watch?v=KCPL9sMq9Hw
youtube.com/watch?v=esUOQpKNLsE
rbt.asia/g/thread/65972535/#65988928
gizmochina.com/2018/04/19/flyme-7-coming-to-older-phones-like-meizu-pro-5/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But they're the best...
...for their value.

They're really not.
Okay value but not the best.

Plus let's not forget one of the major reasons they're cheap. Their design team as a whole is earning less than a single American waitress. They must be to shit out designs that are either absolutely retarded or just blatant Apple clones.

Attached: jgS-l6TdhGQ3L-WENJ84QEK9jyEa7QEuiTl7mKg_0Ow.jpg (604x1280, 94K)

They're making retarded safe decision after retarded decision because they have to answer to shareholders now

They have great build quality and awesome specs for their price. Where's the problem?

They'd be worth more if they'd innovate

The plastic finish on Thinkpads feels like you're handling an oversized Gameboy. That's part of what makes it so tough, however. Superficial feel and finish is not actual build quality.

>Where's the problem?
The problem lies by making extreme claims just like the ones in this thread and assuming everyone takes them at face value. Notice how OP hasn't and most likely wouldn't bother to providing specific examples.
reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/7tuk65/mi_a1_build_quality_best_case/
reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/79qv6f/xiaomi_build_quality_worries/
quora.com/Are-Xiaomi-phones-reliable-in-terms-of-quality-and-durability
It doesn't seem to be the case with newer devices. However, people have found that Apple faced far worse quality control issues than no-name Chinese brands:
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

>Okay value but not the best.
Which devices are then? I've heard recommendations for LeEco, but their phones lack micro SD card slots and often 3.5mm jacks as well.
>Their design team as a whole is earning less than a single American waitress. They must be to shit out designs that are either absolutely retarded or just blatant Apple clones.
The cost of labor has been slowly rising in China and there are other reasons as well - JIT production, government subsidies, flash sales and the business itself (which doesn't rely on profiting off of hardware).
youtube.com/watch?v=KCPL9sMq9Hw
youtube.com/watch?v=esUOQpKNLsE

Business model itself*

Lies in*

Wouldn't bother to provide*

Well there's the Meizu M6 Note, cheapest Snapdragon 625 phone with 4000mAh battery, cheaper than the Redmi note 4x even.
>Fast charge
>Imx362 camera sensor (also dual camera)
>Metal chassis
>5.5 inch FHD
>Micro SD slot
>3GB RAM
Also I know the base model is 16GB but it's the same price as the 32GB one on AliExpress so you can't really argue that. Only real gripe with it could be that it's still using micro USB and Meizu are slow to update Android version. They still provide monthly updates though as well as the latest security patches, like Xiaomi.

Want me to check for anything else that's better value or is this one good enough?

六四天安門事件

Sadly, it's not available worldwide or with customs/shipping costs could as well become that. Same applies to Lenovo P2, which is also a price/performance ratio king.

It's available worlwide and it does covers the right bands for Europe and Australia, not sure about everywhere else but.

163 aud is a fucking steal for this. How much is the p2, worse camera but bigger battery, if available for similar price it should be great too

Attached: S80607-193419.jpg (1440x2560, 294K)

Just not to the US, can get it anywhere else though

Manhattan isn't in china, doofus.

They don't need to when every android competitor copies the same dumb apple idea. Like making bendgate glass phones.

They're only doing this on their "premium" devices, which in most cases lack a micro SD card slot and a 3.5mm jack.

namefag

I can't be the only one to thing they look like iPhones without the home button

>chinese company
>"why their phones are shit?"

Depends on the price range you're looking at.
Like all other phone manufacturers.

Except they don't, only the dumb ones do

>16GB storage and no SD support
wtf

>anecdotal "evidence"
Come on, you can do better

>anecdotal "evidence"
>Come on, you can do better
I did better than OP. He made a thread and left. What else do you expect - studies on smartphone build quality?

kek

I'm very satisfied with my note 4 chink shit desu.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-07-18-37-56-542_com.miui.securitycenter.png (1080x1920, 62K)

>Anons on Jow Forums told me they (xiaomi) were the best. They were wrong.
No you mong. Anons told that xiaomi REDMI are best value for money.
It's like reading on Jow Forums that used thinkpads are great and buying 300$ lenovo ideapad in bestbuy based on this recommendation.

you're right. new Xiaomi phones looks horrible especially the new Mi8.

Love my mi max 1.
Screen could be OLED, CCD could be better, WiFi chip could be upspecced.
I have an IR blaster, and I use it (aircon/TV/stereo at home, work, parents, friends & relatives)
Big screen for media & games & typing (does it all well)
No dramas to flash a real OS on it, I have RR5.
Doesn't seem to have NFC though...weird.
Partner just bought a Sony XZ Premium, can't say it's really TWICE as good at double the price.

This is now a Xiaomi general. Is it worth installing LineageOS on my Redmi Note 4? Or it is just a waste of time? I don't care about the muh botnet meme.

Yes
Do a backup in TWRP in case something critical to you doesn't work.

It really depends on the user how much better a flagship can be.
For example, SD845 can emulate GameCube smoothly so for someone who wants to play windwaker while out and about it's definitely a better choice than a phone with a 600 series snapdragon.

>Yes
spoon feed me please, what are the advantages over the stock OS?

>good for their price

you fell for a meme idiot

Thorough and nuanced explanation.

Mi max 2 here. Apart from the camera quality (which is just average) everything else is great.

Mi MIX 2 best looking phone ever

OK but quickly I'm getting ready for work
+ Privacy
+ Less bloat
+ Customisation
+ Portability/Familiarity
+ Performance
- Most phone cameras have poor CCDs and use software to enhance photos post-shot. Proprietary systems generally produce better results.
- Sometimes battery can be worse as the manufacturer really does know better about optimisation the right sections of the device (they know if a certain chip of function demands more juice to operate because of some poor design for example)
- Stability, in the past there are times when many have experience boot loops because of either the wrong model variant has been flashed or an uneducated chef has offered an unofficial release.

You might be best to just flash TWRP+Magisk and leave it there, based on your willingness to be monitored.

The battery thing is the deal killer for me. I am outside around 12 hours per day and battery life matters a lot to me. Thank you for the quick rundown user,i will just keep the manufacturer's OS.

>Mi MIX 2
I have to disagree

Literally just bought a Redmeme Note 5, best $200 I've spent in a long time. Probably won't last me forever but for a year or two I'm very happy.

Attached: IMG-20180605-WA0002.jpg (2368x4224, 672K)

Me too.

I'd have to say when it comes to aesthetics, Meizu has them beat.

Brushed metal > ceramic

Attached: meizu-pro-7-plus-1.jpg (660x632, 75K)

>Most phone cameras have poor CCDs and use software to enhance photos post-shot. Proprietary systems generally produce better results.
Fortunately not the case for the Redmi Note 5 line. Ported Pixel camera app of all things drastically improves its camera performance. Always research this on XDA, as some models like the aforementioned Note 5 has even MIUI camera ported.
rbt.asia/g/thread/65972535/#65988928
>Sometimes battery can be worse
Given all the bloat on Chinese firmwares, not the case. And being able to use your phone without unnecessary system apps can only aid battery life.
>Stability
Always have at least one TWRP backup. It's only logical.

this shit is good or not? Need a new phone can it last 3 years?

gizmochina.com/2018/04/19/flyme-7-coming-to-older-phones-like-meizu-pro-5/

Meizu is good with updates, which is great cause your get no custom rom support.