Why would anyone use any operating system other than MacOS?

Why would anyone use any operating system other than MacOS?

It's hands down the best for developers and normies.

Attached: farahdivaaa_12519091_854006611374400_930115862_n.jpg (1080x1165, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv.io/installation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Actually, normalfags strongly tend to prefer phones and tablets over PCs.

not as much software available as Windows has. Sorry. I can't live on the stock media player and jpeg viewer. I got shit I need to do.

Why would you post a picture of a nigress? They're hands down the ugliest race - sex combo.

@66253852

(you)

Let's be honest here
Macos is the only OS that has no practical value whatsoever. If it stopped existing all of a sudden one day, no one would care.

>Windows
Professional content creators fled from macs en masse to windows after Apple abandoned the pro market
Entire global economy, retail, wholesale, manufacfuring and desktops run on windows
Enterprise servers run on windows

>Linux
IT, sysadmins use Linux
Supercomputers, embedded chip and Android runs on Linux
Linux VMs are used for everything
Internet servers run on Linux

>Macos
Tech illiterate hipsters that need a shiny facebook machine want macos
Unironically faggots use macos even Apple CEO is a faggot and steve jobs was a smelly hipster who thought taking shower is not necessary (Not kidding)

>hurr durr I'm not poor
Buying organic water to prove otherwise is not only dumb but also laughable

Find me ONE reason that validates macos' existence
PROTIP: You can't

Attached: 1471414037734.jpg (394x394, 31K)

use vlc u dumb idiot

I'd rather use stock.

>Windows
Gamers (lmao)
Certain legacy software
It comes free on most PC’s

>Linux
As a desktop OS it is for hobbyists

Personally I have used Windows my entire life (and occasionally experimented with Linux) and I suspect my next computer will be a mac. Linux does not support my favorite mouse to its fullest extent (MX Master) and is just not a polished product.

Windows:
>Horrible, inconsistent design
>Expensive
>Does not respect the user at all (see: the updating experience)
>Poor high resolution panel support
>The stock software is dogshit and the best second party software is either proprietary shitware milking a decade of industry standard status or has a more polished version on Mac OS (after all that is most likely the OS of choice of the programmers who make it)
>Pick between a dozen solutions for bash and other unix shells, zero of which are good

Linux:
>Install some obscure faggot distro
>Oh the wireless card in your laptop never had an official driver so you have to use your other PC to assemble some ad‐hoc solution that will give you shit speeds or replace the card
>Unstable unless you have extremely specific hardware
>No touch screen drivers
>Shit high resolution panel support
>Follow a wiki for ricer hobbyists so your keyboard can work properly
>Choose between a quadrillion SLOC DE that hasn’t been refactored since 2003 or a tiling WM that runs on bash scripts and mountain dew
>All the software is shit
>If you need support autists who do nothing but torrent anime on their chinkpad will tell you to install their meme distro

>not as much software available as Windows has

The vast majority of Windows 'software' is just C-NET tier trash. Having 20,000 HDD defrag pajeetware utilities doesn't mean you have software. Windows doesn't even have a package manager. Windows still uses NTFS, macOS has a custom filesystem (APFS) optimized for flash and package managers like Homebrew as well as more plentiful and more useful free and paid software. Honestly, Windows only exists for normies and gaymurs.

I'd like to use her.

you have to admit computers are pretty awful

>Expensive

free if you consider the real life fact that kmspico/daz loader/Windows loader are available.

>inb4 botnet

They are risky and might be botnet but fact is millions of people use them and still haven't had their bank accounts drained and passes leaked.

>Does not respect the user at all

have to disagree. Windows actually let's you install shit without battling tarballs and command line prompts.

>inb4 sudo apt-get

You can only get what is available where as Windows you can easily download ANYTHING available and double click install or unzip.

>The stock software is dogshit and the best second party software is either proprietary shitware milking a decade of industry standard status or has a more polished version on Mac OS

So what are you saying? Irfanview and Media Player Classic don't exist?.

>The vast majority of Windows 'software' is just C-NET tier trash

yeah, but nobody is forcing you do install MOST software. You just have to avoid that 90% of junk and go for the other good shit. It's like that everywhere though. Real life is like that not just the Windows world. Android play store is even like that. Hardware world is even like that. Doesn't mean your only options are C-net crap or stock. There's a wonderful world of in between and those that are there are pretty much perfect.

>Irfanview and Media Player Classic don't exist?.

Lol this is literally what I mean

>Irfanview
Ancient shitware, looks straight out of 2005. An OS should come with an image viewer that is attractive and functional, and Windows doesn’t. Its best second party solution is JPEGView which leaves a lot to be desired.
>Media Player Classic
Look at this picture, do you know what I see?
>Icons and bitmap resources pushing a decade old that do not match anything else in the OS
>Literal Windows Classic UX (you can’t fucking make this shit up)
>Clunky menu dialogs that are a bitch to navigate
Despite that it is still the best video player on Windows (to tell the truth, not bad software all around) that isn’t a fucking port.

And it’s FUCKING DEPRECATED

Attached: file.png (641x540, 34K)

wow. I see the issue here then. Obviously you don't know how functional MPC and Irfanview are and I can understand exactly why. You don't give things a chance unless they look cool and glossed over I guess. I hear that. Not your fault.

Those programs though play almost (well pretty much) every single file they're supposed to play. No crashes, responsiveness is great. Within those options of both programs are a universe of options and configurations and enhancements you can apply if you decide you want to (apart from skinning the ui). That's what matters to me and most people on Windows.

I used Irfanview as my image viewer for years and I still use MPC‐HC exclusively lol

Forgive me if I expect a little polish when this shitware known as Windows will cost me $100 (or who knows, maybe I’ll have to fucking subscribe) next time Microsoft has a particularly bad quarter. Oh right, I can just download Engrish malware and pirate it like a fucking Indian/fifteen‐year‐old.

Not everyone is content to run Windows 7 on their 2010 gaming PC until they die because it just werks

I have been using Windows my entire life (as a hobbyist like most people on this board, ten hours
a day programming, image editing, video consumption, &c.) and I can honestly say that my $400 android phone is a more polished experience by far.

kek, words of truth now that you mention it. I occasionally give tech support to mi familia and fucking hell can it be tedious to even install updates for some people. My sister has a Windows 10 laptop (maybe Acer or something) and damn it was slowww and clunky. Despite all the work Microsoft has put into autoupdate some updates hadn't been installed. My father uses an iMac and he doesn't update anything because he dislikes "that bouncing freemason thing", more commonly known as the App Store.

They are certainly the kind of people that would be better off using a tablet, smartphone or anything else than a computer that has complicated things they won't bother learn about.

Attached: masonic-appstore.jpg (300x150, 20K)

using a OS from a company that is known for its planned obsolence via software

yuo must trully be a cuck

mpv is superior in every way.

Attached: tfwnogf.jpg (800x800, 40K)

i could use a tablet too but theres no way to store over 10tb data on it so i have to keep them on my desktop pc

True. iOS is best for normies

I guess with that logic you never cut your hair or finger nails because it came stock.

Attached: De8t8PCWAAIs4FM.jpg (1118x1200, 374K)

No openGL soon :')

mpv.io/installation/

OpenGL is dead.

cute whore

>Install some obscure faggot distro
Found your problem

> Ancient GNU utils
> Doesn't come with a package manager, need to install one
> Deprecating OpenGL and OpenCL in favor of something proprietary
> Released an update that caused mine (and others) MacBook Pros to freeze when using Apple's webkit, took months to fix and there's no way to roll an update back without a time machine backup
Nobody should use this, if you need proprietary software like Adobe CC just use Wangblows, for anything else use Linux or a non-botnet BSD.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 12.53.53.png (3360x2100, 1.52M)

>OpenGL
dead
>OpenCL
dead
>Meme UNIX
no thanks

>> Doesn't come with a package manager, need to install one

false

Enlighten me then.

Mac os? Literally its like when you take cons of windows and cons of linux and mix them together.

>Why would anyone use any operating system other than MacOS?
applesoy here i suck dick so i need all that ios gayness in my bum

>Why would anyone use any operating system other than MacOS?
I use macOS for comfort and Linux for work.

no u.

t. roastie
>Y-yeah I make websites

Why would you buy windows hahahaha maybe you are better off on mac

Report and hide.

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)

Except for having no real GUI, no GUI settings and not even official, tested builds?
It's a fucking joke if you need something that is guaranteed to work