How the fuck do you get energy for long programming sessions

How the fuck do you get energy for long programming sessions.

I feel wasted after 3 hours of coding

And don't recommend adderall you addicted schmucks

Attached: Denholm_declares_war.jpg (640x352, 23K)

Its not energy, its motivation. Just like studying, do it for 20-30 minutes then take a 5 minute break, walk around or something.

Smoke breaks. The carpark behind our office looks like a cigarette graveyard.

Caffeine in the form of coffee for the energy (no sugar)
Nicotine in the form of cigarettes for the focus. feel free to skip the nicotine, just be aware that caffeine only may result in some hyperactivity and lack of concentration. You can get nicotine in other forms if smoking is not your thing.

Or if you aren’t already a mess like me, a good diet and regular exercise may result in improved productivity.

>How the fuck do you get energy for long programming sessions.
yeah, if I do something interesting I get into flow state and time just flies by...

on the other hand when doing something boring, I feel like killing myself every 10 min

depends on the work/how familiar you are with the task for me
if it's something simple like refactoring code i solo wrote on my own it's easy to just get into a momentum trance
anything that involves learning new material is what takes the most mental energy. the less i know about the subject the less time i can spend before i fry out

Smoking, coding and drowning in coffee sure sounds like a good way to die before you hit 40

Fuck off normie

The real question is how to START programming and not procrastinating for months on months

Attached: 1 8u3Zkrk4h-h43AWbfjILIg.jpg (528x341, 36K)

It wont even be a glorious death, ill just have a heart attack in front of a computer in a dark room. As long as someone merges my code at my funeral im okay with that.

You need to take breaks and work for a company which employs coding cheerleaders.

Attached: programming-cheerleaders.jpg (620x349, 90K)

That seems like it would lead to even more distraction

Foolish belief that accomplishing a hard problem will increase my self esteem
Work hard and succeed
Be happy for 5 minutes
After that start deconstructing what I accomplished
Self esteem is worse than before, crash for the rest of the day because tired
Next day contemplating suicide
Recover two days later
Repeat

Things are getting worst
It's hell
Still a virgin

OP didn't complain about distractions. Programming cheerleaders (male or female) help you focus actually. It's almost like in extreme programming.

>Programming cheerleaders
You mean they are like "wow user this algorithm is so cool, and your data structure are so elegant, tell me more" or "if you conclude this project I'm going out for an ice cream with you user!"?

This
35 year old virgin (no smoking or drinking) who is going to have a heart attack soon
I got all the symptoms but I'm not taking exams, it's my big chance for salvation
Waste of life desu

>try to learn programming
>watch endless videos of nerds stumbling upon their words trying to explain a concept

Attached: VF052LV.jpg (750x688, 180K)

I wish I got one yesterday night during sleep. It's hard to even get out of bed...

Life has almost no redeeming qualities for me right now.

Why would I want to? I get paid for hours on the clock, not hours spent being productive. YT video here, animu episode there and what's this? The day has gone by.
Anyone putting effort into making money for others is a slave.

I go to the gym 3-4 times a week after work, and I am currently doing intermittent fasting. I don't take any performance enhancing drugs, like caffeine or nicotine. Yet I could code for 10 hours straight.

No. Dear god no.
>cheerleader is point of focus for lusts.
>cheerleader goes out with chad
>beta-coder uses fury to reach next level

Googlel it.

damn

Attached: CEzBdMd.jpg (498x960, 83K)

>35 year old virgin
How does that even happen?
Lost mine at 18, could have lost it much earlier, but I didn't want to just fuck anyone.

Take a bath?

>How the fuck do you get energy for long programming sessions.
I don't. If I get 3-5 hours intensive programming where I am efficient all the time, this is more than enough. It's better to take a break and rest, and then get 3-5 hours efficient streak the next day, than to push yourself and get tired and fed up.

If you get the cape juice in vegetable glycerin. Get the high concentration stuff. you can apply 2-3 drops to your skin and it’ll get you the nootropic benefits of nicotine without compromising your lungs

Sorry, vape juice, not cape

Doesn't that shit burn your skin?

>energy
You serious? You need energy to sit on a chair and type on a computer?

I don't know
I'm not even fat, short or horribly deformed

Life is overrated anyway, why the fuck would you want to live past 40?

copy and paste form stackoverfull

Usually when I'm programming I'm trying to reach a goal. I'm stubborn and autistic enough that I won't give up until I make it work.

We used to fight mammoths hand on hand on the past.
Now you complain because you can't sit 3 hours straight on a chair.

OP you fucking basedboi cocksucker.
I bet you drink a bowl of semen everyday on breakfast.

Attached: sick.jpg (300x300, 41K)

>basedboi
wtf

caffeine is not energy, it is a stimulant. Ideal to consume some food with caffeine so the stimulant has some actual energy to work with, maybe just add sugar to the coffee. I vale nicotine salt in a subohm because fuckit, and drink redbull.

i got a homedics neck massager thing with heat. it helps. women not required.

Doing actual exercise fat fuck. Fat!

Got caught by the Jow Forums word filter.
s o y gets changed to based

What does sóylent change to?
Onions drinker test

This is my future desu. JDIMSA

Attached: 744BA248-B11F-4624-B199-22F632226BBA.jpg (722x1024, 152K)

why? dont tell SJWs and $0y boys are moderating a tech board ffs. that would defeat the purpose.
now that i think about it, it also explains how much more left wing the discussion is here which is pathetic to say the least.
fuck i thought this was one of the few sites which didnt let that degeneracy to come over completely.

Go the fuck back to t_d

Attached: 1528171583073.jpg (750x1000, 58K)

fuck off scum. do you also use a mac and have different pronouns?
it's you should go back plebbit, not me cuck

Attached: 1528049226389.png (213x237, 8K)

Attached: scum.jpg (1122x1114, 95K)

Guarama and speed

Attached: Bns87vjCQAAkSyq.png (599x448, 348K)

No? What the fuck kind of glycerine are you using? You know that shit goes in hard candies, right?

35? Holy shit man how? Are you a pajeet?

No, I'm not

I'm by far most productive when I'm tired as fuck.
If I'm too tired to question my existence, contemplate suicide, get frustrated, or even notice time passing, I get shit done.

Cold shower at end of hot shower in morning
One cup of coffee
???

There's a reason the most popular language is called Java.

it crowd is absolute kino everybody on Jow Forums should watch it

Attached: 1447095427386.webm (640x360, 1.35M)

Volunteer in your city. It doesnt even take that much time out of your schedule. Hop back in to society before its too late, find your identity in that public space.

Pretty much the only accurate portrayal of anonymoose I've seen on telly at all.

THE SHOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEES-A

Pretty much the only accurate portrayal of women in tech I've seen too, when I come to think of it.

I spend more time standing at the white board than sitting at the keyboard. If you don't then you're probably a code monkey.

FOUR I MEAN FIVE

I MEAN FIRE!

i go for a run before i code,it makes me feel so energised.And after i have been coding for 1 hour i usually zone out and forget how long i have been at it for.I can code for 6 hours without being aware of time passing.

Attached: 1520123658362.jpg (782x800, 172K)

Modafinal.

This, just unironically

Nice X300/X301,

i love to use modafinil if i know what im doing.But i find it harder to debug stuff if im taking it.

My go-tos are shame and caffeine.