Kubuntu 18.04 is comfy as fuck

A couple of days ago my kde neon shit itself and would not boot, so I live booted and backed up all my stuff and proceeded to install kubuntu 18.04 and I must say it's sexy!

It feels much better tested than neon and it's a pretty great kde plasma experience. I highly recommend you check it out.

Only issue I faced is the touchpad is not detected properly, while it was under neon. pic below. any idea why? Most options are greyed out and can't adjust sensitivity.

Attached: kubuntu.png (1500x384, 276K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180607_111242.png (1364x630, 94K)

This. Only issue is that input isn't properly configured like shows, but apparently every bistro ever is too incompetent for that.

it might be using a stripped down version of libinput instead of synaptics. I had the same issue of fedora 28 plasma, just install the synaptics-legacy package, reboot, and it should have all the options enabled

People stop using Kubuntu, the devs are retards.

In my years using linux only 1 distro has produced permanent hardware failures on my PCs, and that distro was kubunshit.

If you want to use KDE in Ubuntu, you are better off installing the plasma upstream from ubuntu minimal than using kubunshit.

[works_on_my_machine.png]
The problem exists between chair and keyboard, user.

>permanent hardware failures
how the fuck

It's also a kde specific thing, for some reason gnome detects touchpads perfectly. Why does kde fuck up the basics while having the best DE?

because hardware input isn't universal anymore so they have to reinvent the wheel for every little thing. Unlike the past where everything had a standard library and they could just copy gnome and vice versa.
These are thinks that worked perfectly in the past. You can thank wayland for that.

Kubuntu 16.04 (that is, the last LTS, that is, a distro that is supposed to be stable) completely destroyed one of my hard drives days after installing.

Kubuntu 17.10 fried the wifi card of my sister's laptop, literally after installing it the wifi stopped working and it never worked again even after installing some other distro or windows.

FUCK IT

I've been using this for weeks now and the UI keeps crashing and freezing up. Especially the main panel. I missed an appointment because the UI froze graphically and the clock was frozen too. Clicking on it still works, you just gotta guess where the clickable elements are

I really like the adaptability of KDE, but this shit is annoying as fuck!
I am also really used to hotcorners and desktop grids. I think I'll look into that pseudo-unity on GNOME

Attached: Angriest Bunny.jpg (900x742, 231K)

you're an idiot

Disable the compositor, it fixes everything you described.
Those issues had me avoiding KDE for years until I unchecked the box, still unacceptable that they didn't fix this shit

glad I stick to windows

Literally have the live usb next to my laptop and was going to install it after i finish my coffee.
Windows 10 is pissing me off. It is getting slower after each update, keeps installing unremovable software on every update(no, i'm not going into registry to remove software that i ask it to install in the first place) and is just a general pain in the ass.
Untill i stop being a poorfag and get myself a Mac, i'll probably be using Kubuntu

i agree.
I'm using it since first beta.

>GNOME devs be SEETHING

we abandoned your plantation faggots, we're not coming back.

>It's also a kde specific thing, for some reason gnome detects touchpads perfectly.
What are you talking about? It's obviously the checkbox not being ticked on by default, aka a setting that bistros do.

I agree user, I agree.

Attached: Comfy.png (604x302, 89K)

It will be outdated next week when 5.13 comes out.
18.04 neon when?

>Only issue I faced is the touchpad is not detected properly, while it was under neon. pic below. any idea why? Most options are greyed out and can't adjust sensitivity.

Options are greyed out because KDE doesn't have a GUI for libinput options (Kubuntu's default) yet. You can always go back to synaptic to be able to edit everything through GUI.
They plan it for 5.14 later this year.

This but unironically

Then I dont have bloody Vertical Sync, which makes watching and working on video excrutiating

KDE is indeed comfy

Attached: cap.png (1680x1050, 2.66M)

Then I dont have bloody Vertical Sync, which makes watching and working on video excrutiating

Why do you lie in the internet?

you're the man, confirmed this with a kde dev. oct 9 is when 5.14 will come out, so we'll have to wait till then

I found the synaptic drivers to work better anyway. Under libinput I was having strange behavior with the pad suddenly dropping input during 2-finger scrolling and stuff like that. Everything works properly under synaptics.

>Kubuntu 18.04 is bugged as fuck
FTFY

What is buggy about it?

fuck you all
gnome just werks

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-06-07 12-58-22.png (1920x1080, 613K)

>noire

Its actually a problem with the nvidia driver. Fixed in the newly released 390.67

not bad do tell how you got all the blurs

well my driver manager says it uses the 390. driver, but nothing else
When will this fix be implemented into the standard driver manager, because I cant directly install the .run file I downloaded from nvidia (something about a drm file loaded into the kernel already)?

How do I make a meta-key open the dashboard/application Menu/Application Launcher?
I tried using a global shortcut but I can find a command for it and the widget options dont allow single-key shortcuts