BlackBerry Key2

Yo, How the fuck yall aint talking about the blackberry key2. It looks great for people who arent game playing children. Between that and my thinkpad T460 (I run arch btw) I'm about to get the ULTIMATE BUSINESS EXPERIENCE (tm). Yall brainet NEETS can keep your bullshit notchshitt 9GHZ 4 minute battery life game machines. I'll sit high and dry from my paying job answering emails and sshing into my servers with a sweet sweet physical keyboard.

Attached: BlackberryKey2.jpg (950x534, 153K)

At the end of the day its just another Android device. It has dedicated capacitive keys, on top of the keyboard, which is completely fucking retarded.
Get a Passport or a Classic if you want a real Blackberry

I still love my BB Priv, even though it's getting a bit slow and out of date. Will use till it dies, but then maybe it will be Key time. I can't go without a physical keyboard anymore.

I prefer my Gemini PDA.

>yall brainet NEETS can keep your bullshit notchshitt 9GHZ 4 minute battery life game machines

>we use arch and old thinkpads
>but we play games
yea sure

Shit man, I don't know what you virgins are up to. Yall prolly emulating ninshitdo games or something. Maybe I should have said anime tiddy viewing consoles

>Yall prolly emulating ninshitdo games or something.
how did you guess

Attached: geez.jpg (640x400, 136K)

I want to buy it, but it's crazy expensive and I am kinda mad at them switching to a botnet OS that I wont even be able to root over.

But even if I embrace the botnet, the slavshit price will be huge and I'm not sure I should spend that much money on a phone.

Attached: 1527344619629.png (479x388, 133K)

>he doesn't decompress after work with several rounds of Carmageddon

have fun with your stress ulcer, sweaty IT man

>1999 + 19
>permanently sacrificing screen space on a phone with a physical keyboard

Attached: 1520628758591.png (457x500, 59K)

$649 for a non-amoled display with shit brightness and a snapdragon 660, not to mention it isn't water resistant and still doesn't have a fucking removable battery

I really wanted to replace my dying s5 with a phone with a physical keyboard this year but for that price I could get a pixel 2

It looks like nostalgia won over common sense.
I never used picrel but it seems like 2xBetter idea.
Releasing an android phone with uncomon screen ratio is just asking for troubles. All they had to do is make decent phone and introduce line of high quality accesory keyboards. Vertical and/or horizontal to suit individual needs of customers.

Attached: keyboard-cover2-e1490806806335.jpg (480x602, 36K)

big screen phones are a fucking meme.

>wagecuck making his sad life all about his shitty job

Coping mechanism.

I had the BB priv briefly, and it was great.

The key2 is exciting to me, because of the price drop in secondhand keyones.
>paying twice the price for 10% performance/battery increase

>no root ;_;
could have been the perfect phone

I really wish their devices were rootable. I love the hardware but I don't like the short amount of time they are supported with security updates.
At the very least I wish they would let us root them after they stopped supporting them. A PRIV with lineageOS on it would be awesome.

>yall aint talking

Are you a nigger or have you been hit on the head to excuse such speech impediment?

Pretty much this

>people who arent game playing children
BlackBerry KeyOne (and Key2) were designed for SSH, Remote Desktop, and emulators.

Attached: IMG_20180426_155618.jpg (2240x3968, 1.07M)

I love playing Gameboy emulators on my Priv, the tactile buttons make it feel a lot more nostalgic and fun than pressing virtual buttons on a screen.

For game boy virtual buttons are acceptable since they probably don't cover the emulated screen, but I can't imagine emulating DS with buttons covering the bottom/touch screen. Plus the 3:2 aspect ratio is exactly that of two stacked 3:4 DS screens so you don't get any scaling artifacts.

they turn off now on the key2 so you don't press them by mistake

Attached: tips.gif (762x750, 246K)

>screen so small that even mediocre ergonomics are impossible
>productivity
>"Bbb- but physical keyboards are what those big boy computers have! Surely that's the reason you can be productive with them!! Le screen real estate is just a meme. Stay mad!"
No. There's a reason people use "swipe keyboards" on their Android phones, typing each individual key is stressful on the hand from poor ergonomics.
You're not tougher for doing things less comfortably. If anything, your weaker as it shows your insecurity pretty darn well.
Enjoy meticulous typing and squinting at a screen with x coordinate dimensions barely larger than the width of most palms.

Attached: foelDashh_qPehZo2E6pIsyU4OT82pObb7A-djNilpg.png (431x766, 571K)

For at least 90% of smartphone users who only consume online media a physical keyboard is useless. But for the less than 5% of users who spend most of their time in a terminal or chat application a physical keyboard beats fake keys that reduce screen space to 960x1080 any time of day.

Physical buttons in 2018 is just more shit that can break. Let it go.

What the fuck is the point in a physical keyboard on a phone in 2018?

>screen so small
no one actually needs a 8" phone screen. such a cancerous meme

>5% of users who spend most of time in chat application
mate what you think people are using their phones for?

You can reduce this to 'nobody needs a phone'. It's not about needs, it's about wants. I want a larger phone screen if I can have one because I find it more comfortable to use and I can do more stuff with it. I am currently on the Xiaomi Mi Mix with a 6.44" screen, I only want to go bigger.

I'm going to be so upset if AT&T doesn't support Key2

Attached: 1433698243654.png (613x556, 29K)

Web browsing and video watching. Every now and then they might open up whatever IM app they use to fire off a few messages, during which time they type slang and other intentional words that get "autocorrected" to something else and end up doing whatever the is needed to tell the software keyboard to fuck off and accept input as it is. I've used all-screen phones and it's okay if you're a 40+ year-old businessman who only types in full sentences even in a SMS text message because that's where the aggressive autocorrect helps. Otherwise you get shit turned into shot and hell into he'll every damn time and you have to backspace and retype it and hope it doesn't fuck your typing up again. I agree that a proper 16:9 screen is great for watching YouTube and Netflix but let's be real here you're not going to watch a full 2-hour movie on a fucking phone either way.

I've had a KeyOne since launch and never had a keyboard issue. The only issue KeyOne was known for was, at launch, the shit bonding of the screen to the phone.

Honestly if you aren't abusing your phone it does not break just like if you don't abuse your HDDs they will last for a long time.

p sure that game got referenced in Pop Team Epic. Which is it?

What emulator?

Super Robot Wars W
DraStic

Attached: srwog peg.jpg (1054x1358, 575K)

>Web browsing and video watching
t. bus rider

lmao real productive people aren't ssh'ing from their phones, if anything they use them to call their employees to do what needs to be done

When can you actually buy it?

Have you gotten Dosbox running on yours? I'd like to try it on my Keyone but Dosbox on android is a massive pain in the ass iirc

t.friendless

i've had my keyone for a year now and probably watched video on it about 5 times, why would anyone want to watch a video on a screen smaller than 7"????????

Attached: 🤔.png (478x504, 44K)

I would argue most people use their phones to message more, snapchat, facebook messenger, whatsapp, imessage, etc.
And autocorrect helps more than hinders a touch keyboard, i can freely type not caring about mistakes because it will just correct that one letter mistype.
That being said I do still prefer physical keyboard, but thats just because I like tactile feedback to be more than the phone just vibrating everytime I type (turn that shit off instantly)

It's bus/subway riders, guarantee it.

Because you're a gay homo and not everyone is sucking cocks constantly like you

So what does the fancy new key beside the symbol key do?

You say that but in senior year of university I worked an internship where I often had to SSH into a computing cluster to run protein folding simulations and check on output logs. Being able to do that during bus rides from my phone instead of pulling out my laptop and connecting through mobile hotspot was so good other students actually asked me what phone it was.
I watch videos on my phone all the time too. They're just short YouTube clips that average 10 minutes.
I remember when the first all-screen BlackBerry came out and there were ads on TV claiming that it had tactile feedback just like a real keyboard. I still had a Sidekick at the time and thought it was the future until I realized it's just a vibration every time you press a key.

In the launch stream they showed it off as the "Speed Key".

because swipe texting is far superior than bullshit physical keyboards. Literally no advantage of using a physical keyboard.

fitemefgt1v1IDGAF

Attached: hachikuji_approves.png (730x671, 192K)

Ds emulation tho

Attached: Screenshot_20180607-180555.png (1080x1620, 1011K)

You can literally swipe text on a keyone and I'm sure it'll work the same on a key2.

>buy phone with physical keyboard
>Use the on screen touch keyboard just so you can use the basic feature of literally any other Android phone.

ebin.

Attached: 1527545747096.jpg (669x696, 78K)

>leaving the menu key on the bottom screen
You can also map that to a keyboard key.

>use the onscreen touch keyboard

No you retarded animeposter. The physical keyboard literally allows for swipe texting. You don't have to click the physical keyboard to type if you don't want to.

The physical keyboard also doubles as an area to do gesture like shortcuts for apps and other things.

>Literally no advantage of using a physical keyboard.
I beg to differ. In an IRC session the difference is staggering, and in an app like Hangouts it's the difference between three message bubbles and seven.

Attached: Screenshot_20180607-160927.png (2160x1620, 546K)

>2018
>still making thick phones with headphone jacks
lmao

Attached: 4A9OKVO.gif (340x340, 134K)

Why would I get a blackberry just to run botnet OS?

I use a blackberry classic to escape Google and have a real keyboard. Every time I go back to an android phone the absence of the Hub upsets me, as does on screen keyboard. Swipe works 60% of the time, autocorrect ducks up the rest.

(You)
(You) (You) (You)

Attached: FalseflagKing.png (706x674, 79K)

Hub is on Android and classic is nearly out of support.

You fucking brainlets falling for the Thinkpad for NEETS meme like you give a shit about the tactile ness of the keyboard you jerk off into, the durability of the and the productivity gainz, but you you go fucking crazy when I start mentioning an alternative to your bullshit phablet with a 9k screen.

>King Cuck

post invalidated

So the physical keyboard is nothing more than a touchscreen with bumps?

Attached: 1527277842068.png (280x278, 103K)

Attached: 1524836287074.gif (500x493, 291K)

Uh huh, but I hear it makes the phone slow as shit, and it would require signing into Google play store.

I just got an update to my classic last night for Spectre and another vulnerability

Considering its flat it's basically a touchscreen with grooves that can be clicked to do other actions. As I said before it's not just for typing, but a brainlet like you wouldn't understand that of course.

>last night
KeyOne got that in January before those vulnerabilities were announced to the public.

I really wanted it, but fuck it's $650. I was all ready to buy it at the KeyOne price but $100 more means like an additional $65 in sales tax and pushes it over $700. For a phone.

Sure, I'll probably use it for another 4 years like my current phone, but even amortizing it over that length of time it's still a pretty pricey investment. I'll need to really think about it; I might look into the KeyOne if it seems like it'll get a price drop, unless they just stop production.

The Hub comes preinstalled along with all the other blackberry apps. Did you really think Blackberry would make you download their apps after you bought their phone?

I assumed everyone got the update before me, I'm just saying they are still partially supporting it.

Trying to avoid botnet and on screen keyboard

>Trying to avoid botnet and on screen keyboard
You can use the KeyOne without any of that. No need to sign in to Google and the onscreen keyboard is completely optional.

No I meant if I had a phone that wasn't blackberry. No way in hell would I buy a new phone, it's a waste of money. I bought my classic a couple years ago off eBay for $100.

Last phone I bought full price was a 2013 Moto X

As one of the first adopters of the Motorola Droid, I'm looking forward to this.

I've put Hub on my samshit Note phone before and I didn't recall a slow down, but I didn't really use the app and uninstalled it a few days later.

You can always download the app from apkmirror and sldeload.

Turbo button? How quaint.

From videos I've watched it basically allows you to create your own shortcuts so that you can jump around apps quickly and other things like toggling wifi, etc. I would imagine there are some prebuilt shortcuts too.

So it's like the side button on a Keyone?

>botnet
>Still spouting this meme in 2018

Um, maybe? All the videos I watch make it out to be like something new that the keyone couldn't do. Maybe I'm missing something.

You won't get high quality keyboard unless you build it into the phone.

>I still love my BB Priv, even though it's getting a bit slow and out of date. Will use till it dies, but then maybe it will be Key time. I can't go without a physical keyboard anymore.
This exactly for me. I really wish they would come out with a Priv 2.

That's a damn nice looking phone. What kind of OS is it running? I miss physical keyboards on my phones.

Do not reply to the poster above.

What's the likelihood I can have this in my hands by the end of the month in the US?

It runs iOS.

Wait, nevermind, is android.

I understood it as super alt+tab.
Imagine assigning windows to a key combo.
key+b brings the browser to focus, key+m for email, etc.
Instead of using the recent app switcher you just jump right to what you set. Seems useful.

It is supposed to release in 1st world countries this month and then everywhere else in July.

>end of the month
Try Q3 2019 at the earliest. Did you forget how long it took between KeyOne announcement and release?

Their launch stream said this month and July for global.

Their launch stream for Keyone also gave a date they failed to deliver on. Until I see Key2s out on the streets within a week of the mentioned date I'll err on the side of doubt.

I thought it was pre-orders this month.

yeah the keyone took a month to release after announcement

Attached: 1524084905536.png (382x417, 325K)

It's a severely gimped android experience iirc right? Shame because the phone should be tight as hell.

In the launch stream his exact words were:

>Now it is my pleasure to announce that the Blackberry Key 2 will begin shipping and be available by pre-sell this month to select markets...

So I take that as within the next few days they will announce how to pre-order it and then by end of month you can get it.

>severely gimped android
Maybe when it was Blackberry Classic with android compatibility. All of their latest phones have been Android top to bottom with blackberry apps ontop.

Why do they have to half-ass it? If you're going to put dedicated navigation keys on a phone that already has a physical keyboard why not use physical keys? Otherwise go the full touch route and use a full 1920x1080 screen with onscreen navbar that disappears in fullscreen videos and games.

Attached: kid.jpg (362x346, 38K)

Nice. I'm in desperate need of a phone before next month and want something for the long term. This seems like the one to get.

Same, been wanting to do a keyone but didn't want to if the key2 was just around the corner. I'm bored of the Samsung Note experience.

>buying a phone for entertainment value and not utility
This board is hopeless