What is intel smoking?

Why would they do this?

Attached: intel cooling.png (669x349, 347K)

what am I looking at?

a vrm cooler for their 28 core 5ghz gimmick

Attached: bravo intel.png (676x378, 286K)

their processors

Crack and some lucys

>What is intel smoking?
ash
:^)

I mean if i was in a university I would just fab some something similar. This isn't a production model, its research.

It ain't stupid if it works.

whats the issue you fucking faggot?
> inb4 i like intel
nope

true!

chemical fires of industrial products cam results in pretty bad brain damage, that is proven.

Well, fucktard, it doesn't work. It requires almost 2 fucking horsepower of industrial chilling to cool. It can't run on the same socket as the cooler, because the fuse would blow instantly. both on 120 and 240volt.

this is like Bugatti going: Hey, we got a new engine for the Bugatti i9 coming later this year! It's a 28 cylinder W engine, with 5 liter per chamber, 240 liter total! but you know, it can only be fitted on a lorry, and consumes the same amount of fuel as a fighter jet per minute. But man is it a big engine, so we'll surely be able to come up with a great platform for it to work in!

Attached: 752-158e16434e7b.jpg (1000x850, 273K)

thats an exaggeration. a 1700 watt cooling system is at worst tripling the power consumption

so itd be like putting a 300hp 5.0 v8 in an old rwd corolla in place of its 100hp 1.6l. and if you dont think thats awesome, youre a faggot

Literally just a two-socket LGA3647 server board with one of the sockets ripped out. Asus was running this one at 4.1-4.2 GHz boost clock with a full custom loop and presumably a well-binned sample. Good luck getting it above 4.0 even with a 360mm CLC

Attached: aXzal4.png (850x437, 516K)

>What is intel smoking?
Thermal Paste

Intel is scrambling for the first time in almost 20 years. They've been coasting on their success and under estimating AMD completely. Why innovate and keep trying to push boundaries when your only major competition is leagues behind and you can keep raping the market for max profit and little to no changes?

Then Boom. Ryzen.
>No problem, we still own the single core crown!
Oh shit. Ryzen gives 95% of the performance for half the price on their first generation of a brand new arch
>OK we still got this, lol look at our 8700k! 6c12t that can do 5.0GHz!!* de-lidding required (also voids your warranty :P)
Spectre and Meltdown come out
>Fuck fuck fuck, make a site that says AMD is just as bad! quick!
Ryzen only getting stronger. Better performance as patches and BIOS revisions roll out. Threadripper and EPYC are popping up showing just how well the entire Ryzen platform scales
>Try to price cut to play the price game with AMD but Intel's yields are such shit they can't
Ryzen launches Ryzen+ on 12nm node while Intel is still struggling to leave their 14nm node behind (which they were on for far longer than AMD by the way)
>Crank out some bullshit re-branded unlocked 28c56t Xeon Platinum that requires it's own nuclear reactor for power and a dedicated NASA built cooler for the water loop.
AMD launches Threadripper 2 with 32c64t

Intel is finding itself pushed against a wall on all fronts other than the mobile market (for now). They can't compete with pricing. They can't say their product is more secure or better performing. Intel's arch is officially tapped out except for turning up the clocks under LN2.

Best timeline.

Attached: 1507241689008.png (729x720, 583K)

Sure thing, I like to have 75% of the weight on the front axle in a RWD car. Also, I like my AE-86s like bendy iPhone6s.
>FUCKING AUTO METAPHORS ARE IN

nice summary user

Attached: goreshit - with all my heart. digipak - cover.png (1618x1618, 1.92M)

Big issue for Intel is Infinity Fabric. AMD can print out CPUs with more cores at higher yields and therefore lower price, while monolithic CPUs Intel produces just dont scale well as core count goes up. AMD modular style of ZEN arch, and the fact that they will have node advantage next year, means Intel is in for a world of pain.

Infinity Fabric is just AMD's implementation of CCX really. Intel is no stranger to CCX or having multiple chips talk to each other. Look at the Pentium D (literally just 2x Pentium 4 chips sharing a piece of silicon) and then later the Core2Quad which was just 2 Core2Duos on the same silicon. They just never expanded on it. Intel went from the Core2 series to the first gen of i3/5/7 and left behind multi-die/single socket setup.

Long story short, Intel shoved all of their eggs into a single basket and kept coasting on it.

Yea, its called mesh and it sucks ass.

Fact of the matter is, monolithic CPUs are extremely expensive as nodes go down, a yields go to hell. That means that next year, Intel will be on worse node and worse manufacturing process. That kind of dissadvantagr cannot possibly be overturned. I expect similar IPC for both next year, and easy double cores from AMD with lower TDP at lower price.

Its going to be bloodbath.

>what is Intel smoking?

Well, VRMs and sockets apparently.

and I for one CANNOT wait for it to begin. This has been a long time coming for Intel. I don't expect an "professional courtesy" either from AMD. Intel is in for a long, raw, and brutal dicking without so much as a reach around.

They wanna outdo Bulldozer in every way.
>Moar watts and moar Hz damnit!
>I want fire shooting out the back of their cases!
>If their house doesn't burn as fast as their bank account, you're fucking fired!

Imagine Brian Kry-xanax's home life right now. Probably can't even get an erection to fuck his partner.

Wasnt there some shitty car in the 60s that did something similiar?

Was like a shitty 2 door with a v8 in it if i remember right.

A 2000W VRM isn't going to cool itself.

What the hell were they thinking anyway, with that PR stunt?
Do they take everyone for fools?

Intel marketing has no clue and have been living in their bubble for almost 20 years.

They completely forgot how deal with *gasp* actual competition not just strong-arm and bribe away. (like they did during K8-Netburst era)

Isn't it obvious? The answer is yes.

Nah, it is a prototype customer-tier SP Socket 3647 that Intel planned on launching Holiday 2018.

Basically it is a cutdown C4xx board (single socket, no RL-DIMM/RDIMM, No SAS on PCH, possibly ECC support) with more enthusiast friendly UEFI and RGB LED cancer.

I'll dare say a majority of american cars had V8s in the 60s and a good chunk of them where 2 door (ie Camaros, mustangs) but where land barges

That's not a good analogy...

The analogy is that you're putting more radiators in the car than it weighs without them. Inefficient as fuck.

Intel is already moving away from massive monolithic dies ever since Broadwell-EP taped out.

The yields are terrible even on the matured 14nm+ process and 10nm process is DOA.

Intel is already going EMIB but it takes years to do a complete overall on the whole CPU microarchtecture paradigm. Don't expect any commercial parts until 2021-2022.

We /tejas/ now
But in all seriousness what the fuck intel

Think it was the Gremlin after looking. Was the 70s though.

Attached: 1920px-Gremlin_side_(5903000893).jpg (1920x1027, 609K)

I wonder if Intel will keep trying their suicidal move of going onto their garbage 10nm node, or maybe try to sit on their matured 14nm line? I.e. try to build a new arch from the ground up on a node they know inside and out rather than keep trying to force a now dead arch onto a node where their yields will be even worse than now.

Sure it would make them "look bad" compared to AMD and their upcoming 7nm line, but it may still just keep Intel in the game. I mean fuck their showcase 10nm CPU was a Core-i3? fucking really?
What's funny is everyone is asking the same question while Intel thinks they have everyone fooled.

Attached: 1527809186367.jpg (1000x800, 738K)

Because it's too hot for passive cooling

why is Intel so desperate?

They spent more money marketing i9x than they made in sales profit.

Now they're desperate to blow more money hoping they can make back their i9x losses for this new platform.

I have a feeling that their board partners aren't happy. I bet each one doesn't release more than 1 or 2 boards each for this new socket. Some AIB partners may even skip it.

very well said

Attached: 1521522300420.jpg (251x242, 19K)

I can tell by the way you write that you give good handjobs.

Attached: 1518674630064.jpg (540x960, 54K)

They thought AMD would only release a 24 core Threadripper 2nd gen

BUT THEY WERE WRONG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAA

Attached: 1528279416245.png (1569x972, 228K)

NO NO NO THIS C-CANT BE..!

Attached: 1504374494138.jpg (601x601, 65K)

If I pull that off, will it die?

repairing your crap analogy, old Corolla becomes a skylake i3, sips 45W of wall power. Intel bullshit is taking roughly 2000W including the chiller. Re-proportionalizing into HP its the difference between a lawnmower and a small block, and if you put a small block on a lawnmower its not awesome desu

>if you put a small block on a lawnmower its not awesome desu
Fuck you adding a small block to anything automatically makes it awesome

It will be extremely painful

Attached: 1447161347847.jpg (1846x1923, 607K)

While Intel was partying AMD studied the blade.
And hired the certified shitwrecker.

Intel should just cut their losses and skip 10nm entirely.

Attached: amdintel.jpg (800x568, 167K)