What browser and search engine does Jow Forums use?

What browser and search engine does Jow Forums use?

Attached: 1524506692580.jpg (1020x511, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
Baidu.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Google Chrome
Google

I used Firefox before for a long time but it got too slow, buggy and bloated so I ditched it. Safari is nice but I can't find a good adblock for it. There are no good search engines. Sometimes I try bing if google is being dumb.

Netscape Navigator and Altavista.

Firefox and Qwant

wget

Mosaic and searches on Gopher Indexes.

firefox dev edition
searx.me

FF ESR, DDG

Attached: tumblr_inline_p42jc91v7D1r5d6kl_1280.png (720x622, 190K)

>DDG
That has been confirmed as a botnet

pic related

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-07_20-26-23.png (1600x872, 67K)

Firefox
DuckDuckGo

Vivaldi and SearX.

Attached: 1522488245642.png (443x541, 87K)

this

>trusting search engines
what is it this time

Attached: 1525729660843.jpg (720x960, 109K)

Firefox
Bing

Anything but Google is unusable for me. I tried DDG but it was missing a shit ton of search results that Google had in the top 3 results.

>Gabriel Weinberg, the founder of DuckDuckGo, used to run the Names Database.[1] This was a website that aimed to connect people who had lost contact by gathering lots and lots of e-mail addresses. Getting access could be done by either paying money, or submitting lots of e-mail addresses of other people. Since the service revolved around gathering personal information, it is very suspicious for Gabriel Weinberg to start a business that is privacy-oriented. [2]
>DuckDuckGo used to set a tracking cookie, even though they claimed they didn't. This was done by a third party they cooperate with, which means that it wasn't necessarily intentional, but if it's unintentional, it shows a worrying lack of care.[3]
>DuckDuckGo is based in the US. This makes it really easy for the NSA to compromise it. If it were based in the EU, for example, the NSA wouldn't have the legal power to force them to log everything without telling anyone. This wouldn't guarantee privacy, but it would make it a lot more plausible. Instead, they're based in the US, which means that the NSA can do whatever they want with them. There are secure search engines that are not based in the US.
Obviously "confirmed as a botnet" was tongue in cheek, but there are legit concerns with DDG.

same but reversed. I love the !bang-syntax too much. And if there is ever something I don't find I just !iq or !sp it

Attached: 1524958910192.png (660x582, 1.47M)

It's just little shit that pisses me off. For example I was trying to go to the Crites site which is a parts side for old Klipsch speakers. The URL is critesspeakers.com (didn't know this when I was searching). Search "crites speakers" on DuckDuckGo and get a bunch of results talking about the site, but not the actual site. Search "crites speakers" on Google and first result is the actual site.

I also like when you search a current topic on Google it aggregates news stories.

Firefox esr
Ecosia

I see your point, especially the last one. I myself am waiting for a less US-centric future of the internet and hope to see engines like DDG to make it to Europe. But until then I'll just check every few years

Attached: 1513231722264.png (962x763, 1.08M)

firefox stable
startpage and google for general searches, occasionally duckduckgo for piracy

Yeah you really notice the lack of such things with ddg. On the other hand it has gotten very good at tech shit like stackoverflow articles wikis and cheat sheets often even displaying the top stackoverflow answer.

nonja
and
business

look here you mongo

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 01.38.59.jpg (2291x68, 34K)

Attached: ret.jpg (199x199, 8K)

This. Nightly version because nicer logo...

Man let's be honest. Most DDG users use it for the bangs. Need to make a bangs extension for other search engines.

searX and Qwant are cool

>Need to make a bangs extension
wtf am i reading
keyword search (or as you call it, """bangs""") has been built into firefox and chrome for ages.
the only one getting banged her is you, by routing all your requests through a search engine that has its servers in the united states.

inb4 it's too hard to configure it myself :(((
get the fuck out

Attached: firefox keyword search.png (600x982, 197K)

their slogan should be "duckduckgo -- shit's bangin' yo"

>Brave
>DDG

SearX supports bangs.

I remember this. I expected them to take it out before '16, because it is only used by """power users""" and gets replaced by yet another opt-out integrated cloud service

Attached: Kq9eWK8J.jpg (1252x1252, 257K)

>GOOGLE
AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA LMAO @ UR LIFE

Is there a non-leftist version of Firefox?

Qutebrowser and duckduckgo/qwant

Firefox + qwant if other people need to borrow my laptop to do anything

yes. Firefox.

Attached: 1526258570299.jpg (1000x560, 176K)

I didn't know about that. Your inb4 isn't accurate. Maybe this should be shown to more in the DDG community and it may become a more used and therefor easier feature.

Neat thanks. I'll give it a go

firefox, ddg

Opera and DuckDuckGo.
The asians can't do shit with my info, it doesn't matter.

>he fell for the identity politics meme

lol idiot

Meh no support for it in mobile browsers. It seems Firefox for Android has keywords, but they don't appear to work

I which Chrome erased the hisrory on exit like Firefox.

firefox, and startpage

google
>inb4 BOTNET BOTNET HAHAHHAHA
Sorry I don't look at weird shit like you neckbeards do.

This, startpage is goat

>Google

Dude, stop.

Microsoft Edge
Bing

Firefox and Startpage. Can't say other search engines have impressed me enough to use them. If anyone uses Google, it's best to at least use Startpage as the search engine with good extensions.

firefox
startpage

I still prefer that normie alternative over chrome/google.

Firefox
Google

Google has always given me the most relevant and precise search results.

qutebrowser
searx

They both work surprisingly well. I wish qutebrowser had a few more privacy options but otherwise it's great.

Chrome
Google
Just werks

What the fuck is this picture

Sometimes Firefox & DDG
Sometimes Edge & Bing
I go back and forth between these 2 setups.

On my ancient windows 98 laptop: Opera (it’s the only one that still works on that old ass OS)

Edge with Bing™ :^)

firefox, chromium & searx

>opera
>google
fite me

Attached: .png (858x1200, 369K)

tor, looking for a new ddg replacement

what does Jow Forums think of ungoogled-chromium
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium

Waterfox
Baidu.com

DIE FUCKING FROGPOSTER

Attached: 3bc.jpg (640x640, 33K)

t. Google employee

Firefox Quantum ESR
Startpage

Firefox nightly
Startpage or google if I can't find something on sp

Edge with blank page and bing

Firefox/Waterfox
StartPage

It doesn't. Vega56 is great.

>using a search engine made by a berg
t. Juden Untermensch

qutebrowser or firefox and startpage

Would like to use Safari but there is no HTTPS Everywhere and no webm support for Jow Forums and Youtube, but at least it's getting Favicons in tabs in macOS Mojave which is an improvement.
For a company like Apple that says they care a lot about privacy it's kinda weird not having HTTPS Everywhere built in.

Attached: safari.png (614x614, 194K)

Chromium
Google

firefox
duckduckgo

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-06-08 11-54-45.png (1365x767, 55K)

Firefox, Searx

I'm trying to switch to waterfox, but for now I'm stuck with vivaldi+startpage

safari is the worst browser on the market.
It's the internet explorer of browsers

Firefox

Which one should one use then? Considering this

Is the duckdcukgo's addon useful if I already got ublock and https everywhere?

No worse than firefox

it's neat for whitelisting websites if they refuse to work with privacy connection on. If you have ublock and https-everywhere you likely don't need the full addon. I never really use it

Firefurry

Firefox (switched from chromium when 57 came out)
fuckfuckno (at least it's not google with its search results replaced with ones that push their agenda)

Bait/tech illiterate

Bookmark keywords are one of the killer features of Firefox (and I guess Opera lol) has over shit like Chrome and Safari. I don't want my browser to try to guess what I want, I want it to do what I want immediately.

Chrome
Google

Attached: E25F8A906F374F2E938A6993C75E2A61.jpg (360x360, 15K)

Vivaldi and Ecosia.

firefox with ddg as my search

Firefox
Searx.me

And for any Arch memers out there it can actually display AUR search results.

Chromium.
Searx.me

Firefox
Firefox Nightly
Chromium
Google
Yandex

Attached: Screenshot_20180608_180255.png (1280x996, 204K)

Chrome canary, Chrome, or Chromium?

Pale moon, startpage

Firefox, Google

chrome stable, google search

Chrome
Google