Can somebodyhelp me with this, what's the name of this component in the motherboard

Can somebodyhelp me with this, what's the name of this component in the motherboard.

Attached: 20180603_185319-1470x3024.jpg (1470x3024, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operational_amplifier
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

IC ?

Imsi x79a-gd45 plus

Attached: 20180603_185449-1026x830.jpg (1026x830, 365K)

Discombobulater

Flux capacitor.

fucks sakes, just buy a new motherboard

>small, replaceable component is broken
>replace entire board
>car has flat tire
>replace entire car

Attached: Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 12.06.27 PM.png (899x564, 359K)

That specific one fried connecting a molex cable with the pc on. Can this be repaired or changed? Or just buy a new one?

Don't know what it was called, but I know its new name.

Attached: download (1).jpg (225x225, 12K)

it's black and is shot dead, so i'm gonna go with nigger.

at a guess, it WAS a mosfet.

>a car only costs $40

> autism

This is why I love you Jow Forums.

Look around the motherboard for a similar 8 pin component that has writing on it that starts with A and resembles that

Attached: u03F53s.gif (479x200, 2M)

Thanks I'll look for that.

You bought a proprietary mass manufactured product with zero documentation, schematics, or wiring pinouts. Nobody knows what it is, or even if they do they can't tell the specs from just a fucking picture. Buy a dead board off eBay with the part if you really want to fix it.

OPs board isn't worth 40 bucks
and besides, its already fucked. If OP is capable of replacing the component, why not just try to replace a 4 dollar IC?

If you can find a close-up of the chip just Google it, you can probably get it from mouser/digi-key

Time gizmo

The manual doesn't come with the schematics of the actual chips and ics. Just the basic components.

That appears to be a HoleBlaster 9000. It looks like it's functioning as it should.

Attached: Screenshot_20180607-225117_Google-1080x2220.jpg (1080x2220, 199K)

I can't read it, it looks like it's broken, you should probably just get another one

>why not just try to replace a 4 dollar IC?
Because you can probably get that IC for more like $0.50.

I ain't got that kind of money.

If I can't fix it. This is the one I have in mind.

Attached: Screenshot_20180607-225913_Chrome-1080x2220.jpg (1080x2220, 199K)

Lol x79 poorfag

Attached: SmartSelect_20180607-230653_Gallery.jpg (1420x1425, 543K)

Refill magic smoke, available from IBM.
(Judging by nearby coils and caps, I suggest, that this is PWM ic, or mosfet)

Try to get a picture from an angle that shows the remaining text better, perhaps

>he's gonna replace a surfacemount component on an already fully assembled mobo

unlike you know a soldering blackbelt im not having any hope for you

Not him, and that component looks like a pain in the ass to get at with the iron, but it looks doable.

Did you even read the thread? The board is MSI he needs MSI OEM magic smoke.

why would you do this?

It is IBM-compatible PC, so IBM will do just fine.

Possibly to connect a hot-swappable drive, possibly to connect a fan, possibly to leech +5 or +12 V off the ATX power supply for use doing something totally unrelated.

It's part number could be the same as the other 8 pin chips in between the PCIE slots, that thing probably failed as a short, I would get really sharp tiny wire cutters and cut that fried chips leads to remove it and then try to trace the pads to see if they are similar to the unaffected chips between the other PCIE slots, or you could email the board manufacturer and see if they will look up the part number for you then get one on ebay, mouser, digikey your going to get ass raped on single unit price and shipping.

Looks like a niggatron. Judging by the size of it its probably a gigganiggatron.

Brain fart

>order replacement IC from China for under a yuro
>once it arrives, take out your heatgun and flux
>done in 5 minutes
Wow, we got a billionaire over here who makes 40 bucks in 5 minutes every day.

Arrow is free shipping even on ten cent bullshit. I love them for small part projects like this.

Looks like an op-amp to me.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operational_amplifier

It's some type of IC, probably a Op-Amp. You can probably find a schematic or the like online for the board and get a part number. Make sure that you have a soldering iron, flux, and know how to solder before doing any repairs yourself. If you can find out the issue, then it's probably a $5 fix.
>but
When a IC goes bad, usually you have a different problem somewhere else, meaning you might be fucked even if you fix the obvious broken part.

Also, you should call the company to see if it's under warranty. Debugging physical circuits is a bitch, especially when there isn't a obvious broken part.

Never thought I'd get so many responses. Thanks guys, I'll see what I can do .

That's the improbable chip or the 8/5ths as we call it here in the states. It handles all the error computing that takes place

X99 is a competely different chipset to X79. Won't be compatible with other 2011 CPUs, plus needs DDR4.

t. just got buttraped with DDR4 pricing when I got X99 components a few months ago

Also one more thing. If it is a IC of some kind, buy like 10 of them, they have really high defect rates, assuming that your board isn't under warranty and you decide to try fixing it yourself.

That's the 230V adapter.

That my good friend is known as an 8 pronged chippy

Attached: 1528348741344.png (839x657, 39K)

it's going to be very hard to find an actual chip number unless someone takes a very high resolution picture of it.
this is the highest I could find on the internet. there seems to be writing on it (yours is burned so it's gone). maybe get an user to take a pic of their mobo?

Attached: msi-x79a-gd45-plus.jpg (1920x1569, 1.16M)

Asked my IT guy and he told me that's an SLI bridge(?)

>msi
found your problem.

that's an EEPROM chip.

Just email MSI?

>stuttering

Unless you have a name for that IC, it's purchaseable and you have a professional soldering iron with good temp control and a very small tip, you aren't replacing shit

that's a blue-smoke reservoir, you'll have to replace it if it's released its contents

>it's an msi motherboard melts down episode

>Not using a heat gun for SMD components
Nani?

can't read anything sorry

Attached: msi-x79-gd45plus-09.jpg (1600x1063, 441K)

>surface mount component
>soldering iron
heat gun you mean?

>and you have a professional soldering iron with good temp control and a very small tip
That's a big component you rank amateur piece of shit. No need for professional equipment.

>and you have a professional soldering iron with good temp control and a very small tip, you aren't replacing shit
get a fucking load of this guy

If you can solder better than a toddler you can solder these ICs with even a 80W non-regulated iron,

looks like maybe a voltage regular for the PCI bus but i dunno, theres text on the chip, any way you can read it?

Penis.

Attached: op is a fag.jpg (1269x516, 105K)

Attached: whoever reads this is gay.png (148x105, 19K)

I think it's PGK349 on the bottomTop is difficult to read, maybe something 171UP?

Was thinking the same...unless using a hot air gun to pull the old one, put down solder paste and new IC, hold it in place with something and hit it with the gun till it reflows
>but would need expensive hot air gun