Lifelong Android user here, why shouldn't I get an iPhone?

Lifelong Android user here, why shouldn't I get an iPhone?

>Google's phones are now comparable in price to iPhone
>Google has just recently caught up to iPhone cameras
>build, screen, and speaker quality generally better
>default apps aren't shit
>presumably less tracking since Apple is a hardware company
>even handy features like "access my location (only when using app)," for example

iPhones have never, ever appealed to me until the last greentext. Take me back to the light side, Jow Forums

Attached: iPhoneX-20170913095319465.jpg (815x544, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/PtGv4iC-jRbex3Xw592fAw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
stallman.org/apple.html
macrumors.com/2018/02/26/iphone-slowdown-class-action-consolidation/
youtube.com/watch?v=nLTP1WOgui4
youtube.com/watch?v=Lgv7aktFErA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Come to the dark side, user.

Attached: IMG_20180604_205808.jpg (3036x4048, 3.68M)

iPhones:
>shit battery life
>sealed in battery
>pitiful tiny battery
>pitiful tiny battery requires constant recharging
>constant recharging wears out battery cycles extremely fast
>guaranteed to have battery problems after a year right when warranty expires
>$80 replacement for another shit tier $2 chink battery
>os updates are tied to security updates unlike android
>lagOS updates are untested clusterfucks that break everything and even basic shit like typing
>hardware is a total shitshow
>antenna problems
>wifi problems
>bending problems
>exploding problems
That's not even half of it.

Attached: 1526956720031.png (659x1921, 636K)

>iPhones don't get Clover
That's almost a dealbreaker, desu. How do you browse Jow Forums?

>Google's phones are now comparable in price to iPhone
You can buy other brands.

You can buy other brands.

>build, screen, and speaker quality generally better
Horse shit. I have known many Apple / Android users, and all smart phones are chinky shit with bad build quality and shitty software. In my experience, the only brand that has some level of quality advantage is Samsung, and it's still shit.

Just install non default ones. It's not like Google's apps are awful.

>presumably less tracking since Apple is a hardware company
There's no reason to expect security or privacy on a smartphone.

>even handy features like "access my location (only when using app)," for example
You don't know what it's actually doing.

My advice: Just get something cheap that does what you need. It's going to be a cheap piece of crap that'll inevitably have a hardware or software issue, so why pay more?

Attached: mpv-shot0064.jpg (640x480, 65K)

I mean, the S7 edge has easily enough performance for literally any human being and I picked mine up for $280 so... it has affordability going for it.

with TheChan.

Attached: image.jpg (1125x2436, 711K)

>applel
It. Just. Lags.

Attached: 17222758166769886019962978480649725662986245.webm (640x290, 2.43M)

enjoy your fucked keyboard user

When did this reversal happen? Because there absolutely, 100% was a period when iPhones BTFO any and all Android phones when it came to battery life. Only recently did I start hearing iPhones have bad batteries now.

Any recommendations? I was looking at the Pixel, assuming that's pretty much the toppest tier I could get. I want to get a "premium" phone because I've had a Nexus 5 that still functions after 3 years. I imagine if I splurge this time, I'd get another phone guaranteed to last me a few years.

Kek. I'm not some fucking savage. I take care of my things.

I own both android and iPhone. IPhone is my work phone, and I can't see a good reason not to use one. If well integrated webm support is a big fucking deal then maybe Apple isn't for you, otherwise I like a lot of the Apple features such as per app mobile data access whitelisting and the find my phone shit

Much redmi note 5 does just fine in everything you can ask for a smartphone except for horrid low light performance and it only cost 200 bucks

get the iPhone

>>Google's phones are now comparable in price to iPhone
But not android phones in general.
Google is a minor phone producer.

>>Google has just recently caught up to iPhone cameras
So you should switch now??

>>build, screen, and speaker quality generally better
Source?
I mean Apple uses Samsung screens, so it would be absolutely ridiculous if they had better screens then Samsung.

>>presumably less tracking since Apple is a hardware company
LOL

I mean, there might be legitimate reasons to buy an iPhone, but you didn't list one.

The variant with dual cameras and Snapdragon 636 has better low light performance. Camera performance can also be drastically improved on both variants by using a ported Pixel camera app of all things.

Wow this thread is made around the same time I btfo the other Apple shill thread that is dead

I wonder who is behind op's post?

Because I assume Google is top of the line when it comes to Android? Unless I'm wrong. My Nexus 5 still works 3 years later, so I trust Google makes a good phone

Yes, I've literally been paid by Apple to market iPhones on a Korean fishmonging chatroom

>Because I assume Google is top of the line when it comes to Android?
Why?
Google is just contracting LG and HTC to actually produce the phones for them.

>Unless I'm wrong. My Nexus 5 still works 3 years later, so I trust Google makes a good phone
Its an LG phone.

>>shit battery life

not really

>sealed in battery

like every flagship phone?

>>constant recharging wears out battery cycles extremely fast

not really

>>guaranteed to have battery problems after a year right when warranty expires

my 6S battery is at 7% wear

>>os updates are tied to security updates unlike android

that is if you can get updates on android, iPhone 5S is still getting updates after 5 years on the market

>>lagOS updates are untested clusterfucks that break everything and even basic shit like typing

false and Android is known as the laggy OS

>>hardware is a total shitshow

like samsung implementing half baked shit?

>>antenna problems

going all the way back to the iPhone 4? 8 years ago? Not really an issue anymore and wasn't an issue then either since most people use cases anyway

>wifi problems

never had wifi issues on my iPhone through my LG G2 could never connect to my university network and would get super hot repeatedly trying to connect

>>bending problems

that was the iPhone 6, not an issue on any other models

>>exploding problems

think you're confusing iPhone with the samsung note 7. I'm sure you remember, it was one of the largest consumer electronics recalls EVER

Attached: apple-has-put-forward-this-chart-to-demonstrate-how-blatantly-samsung-copied-the-iphone[1].png (590x380, 268K)

Yes, I know Google outsources their hardware production in that sense, but I imagine that by sticking with their brand I'd still get a well-built phone

>butt muuh stores

>but I imagine that by sticking with their brand I'd still get a well-built phone

Dont assume that

check how reliable the Google Nexus 6p and 5X were

But there are many other manufacturers, again, the Nexus 5 phones came out of the same Factory many other LG phones come out of, so there are many more brands then google.

Which is something I would actually think is a point for apple, you don't need to figure out which out of the thousands phones is actually a good one.

Can you view webms whith that app?

Yes.

Attached: 1D6C4A9F-2894-4D3F-9516-F80234216ADC.png (1125x2436, 1.23M)

I've tried it all and yes my version is the dual camera but footage is still much too grainy
That said I'm still very satisfied

Attached: IMG_20180602_155020.jpg (2752x2064, 1.61M)

That's funny, I had a Nexus 6p, and guess what? The battery would die at 45% left, and this is a systemic issue, which Google ended up giving out free pixel xl replacements for
I sold the pixel XL asap, and bought an iPhone 8+ with that money, and haven't regretted it once

There are themes too.

Attached: CF58658D-183B-4FAE-A5A9-E8AD3DF4E37C.png (1125x2436, 648K)

Not subtle enough
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/PtGv4iC-jRbex3Xw592fAw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/

There was never a reversal. iPhones have always had utter shit battery life.

Attached: batterylife.png (645x7680, 466K)

But you have most of those problems with androids too, and then some.
The only reasons to get android are:
>personal preference
>you wanna customize/rice
>you only can afford something cheap
All of those reasons are perfectly valid, but there's no need to sperg out.

This. Report and sage the street shitting op.

>paid

dont buy an iPhone if you cant afford a ~$2.00 app.

Can you save and upload webms?

>Lifelong Android user
>Complains about tracking
Sure smells like summer
Don't kids these days all root their phones?
Flash a rom without gapps and you are now your own man

You can't play Truxton on the iphone.

Oh wow

ITODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>Oh no I had to wait half a second longer to waste my time with YouTube ;(((((
Apps on iPhone are actually completely different than on Android, it's the creator's fault

Icucks B T F O

Apple phones have the build quality of sub 200 dollar Android phones. You don't see Samsung phones with "touch disease", and Samsung actively tries to make shit products that make you miserable.

Imagine paying $1000 for lagPhone trash.

I would if apple can make the store region lock fucking dissapear

It is the creators fault and not for that reason alone. You know this, but it's all too convenient to put fingers in your ears and scream "I'm not listening, I'm not listening."
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
stallman.org/apple.html
macrumors.com/2018/02/26/iphone-slowdown-class-action-consolidation/

>that is if you can get updates on android, iPhone 5S is still getting updates after 5 years on the market

This, I still use my iPhone 5s and it's 10/10 comfiest phone I've ever used

Save: Yes.
Upload: No.

iPhone 7 has it too. Results in malfunctioning audio IC.

I don't say they don't slow down older phones (they definitely do) but I'm sure they didn't slow down the iPhone x (yet) as its their newest phone

I don't know how you people can stand those tiny ass arrow keys.

>be me
>install iOS 11 beta on mom's phone
>did it because I liked iOS 11
>mfw mom's phone got bricked because of iOS 11

Android phones gets 1-2 feature/os updates and several more years of security updates. Meanwhile applel has literally been caught slowing down fruit toys with bloated lagOS malware to kill your itoy and make you buy another.
LMAO @ ur LYFE

You have literally no answer to this except shitting in the street harder and spamming whatever your manager at Applel tells you to spam.

Attached: IMG_20180607_224209.jpg (1080x874, 211K)

>shit battery life
>not really
>that is if you can get updates on android, iPhone 5S is still getting updates after 5 years on the market
I have a whole thread of responses for you:

Street shitting iToddler keeps dodging reality LMAO @ UR LYFE

it's not july 2017 anymore

meanwhile the 5S will be on iOS 12 this fall and is on 11.4 now while your S5 is stuck on 6.0.1 and a year old security patch

Why did you quote me? Where did you see praise for Apple and iOS in my post?
youtube.com/watch?v=nLTP1WOgui4

How can you update an iPhone 5s to 12 when lagOS 8 already bricked it?

Tough day at high school today huh champ?

I find myself wanting to own an iphone much in the same way I feel like trying on women's panties and stockings, especially after exclusively interacting with women for ~3 years now.. It's a sick perversion.

>itoddler still has zero answer to
How much inept rage are you holding back? LMAO

Attached: 1512598502313.jpg (653x483, 60K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Lgv7aktFErA

No dongles for me.

Good b8

Yeah, but Sony and Samsung were always ahead of Apple. Apple uses Sony cameras.
False.
>less tracking since Apple is a hardware company
Locked down and proprietary device, so they're both equally bad. If you want a device that won't track you then buy Librem 5.

Don't forget that Apple's devices had a shit build quality since day 1, yet are being sold as "premium" devices. Don't fall for their brainwashing.

>When did this reversal happen?
Android 5/6. But even before that some android devices just shipped with a bigger battery to compensate old android's poor power management.

>find my phone
Android has this.
>per app mobile data access
You can use AFWall+ or NetGuard for this, both are more advanced than iPhone software for this purpose.

>I trust Google makes a good phone
No, Google just copies all Apple's bad decisions.

>Price was always same
>Wut
>Wuuut
>Wuuuuuuuuuut
>Lol see how clueless I am
>Willingly giving access to your location ever

Most of your greentext is simply wrong and I don't really understand how do you fall for the last one. Is it realted to applel not allowing multitasking?

It never happened, Applel was always lying and appletards were cherrypicking results defending applel. Android chinkphones always had better battery life.

Basically all I wish for right now. Minus the Watch because I don't care and AirPods because I already have them. I want Apple to put the 8950-HK in this/next year's MBP. Should be coming this year though. Apple perhaps will have first take on the 7nm Vega GPUs which are sort of ready. How are you finding the system in general? How long have you had it for?

>why shouldn't I get an iPhone?
Terrible UI/UX, constant restrictions.
If it wasn't for that, I'd have iPhone 7 instead of my Pixel.

I love this argument. Why does it matter who's fault it is? It takes longer to launch into Twitter on an iPhone X than all these Android phones.

How many minutes longer?

It matters in the context of this discussion, as you're shitting on apple that their phones are slow, which is not their fault

>their phones are slow, which is not their fault
Who cares who's fault it is?
It's the end result that matters.

I worry about cooling most of the time. It'll get really hot during large compiling projects and then throttle a bit to cool. I have a Windows 10 partition installed with BootCamp as well. The 4GB Radeon Pro is solid for games. I was able to run Overwatch well. It is light, fast and the battery life is mediocre at best with heavy workloads. The display, however, is best in class. I've gotten it fairly recently, but it is doing well nonetheless.

Kek. No dongles for me either. I only use USB-C.

How proficient are you in macOS? You must be aware that Apple's fan profiles leave the CPU to melt before they kick on the fans, the cooling itself is adequate to sustain turbo boosts but the fan speed is not.

I've only recently started using macOS in a professional setting. I had OS X machines in the past but I've never used them for enterprise or development- I am much more proficient with Windows and Linux.

Refreshing to see someone who isn't a sperg posting to a Jow Forums "change my mind" thread.

Attached: 1522867105259.jpg (720x720, 57K)

Anyone who prefers iPhones over Android phones because of privacy reasons is a complete retard.
Apple, just like Google, is literally part of PRISM. That doesn't mean I'm defending Google, but that means Appld isn't any better.
However, you can easily install a fully FOSS derivative like LineageOS on most Android phones, so it's actually much better, privacy-wise, to get an Android phone.
>inb4 hurr durr hardware backdoors n gsm tracking
True, there is no way to get around those at the moment, but you can at least remove the software botnet, which is still much better than not doing anything at all.
The real reason OP wants to get an iPhone, however, is just because he is a consumerist pig. So no matter ehzt we say here, he won't listen.
This is of course assuming this isn't the millionth Apple shill thread.

Because smartphones have plateued. A chinkphone around ~200$ will do the job for 99% of people nowadays. Wanting to spend more is just being a buypig.

(checked)
>Buying a Pixel
Keked thanks user

Looks like the iToddler raged so hard he just fled the thread.

Your icuck account has been credited. Fuck off now

Does it come with a cpu underclock too?

>tfw switched from iphone 6s to oneplus 5t

i just wish iphone battery life wasn't so trash

>buying a $800 samsung phone isn't consumerist
>buying a $800 apple phone is

>buying a 800$ phone

Attached: maxresdefault-1.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

I'm switching to iPhone for normie credits.

Often have to touch iPhones to fix random menial things for people, and it's always a hassle. The settings are often extremely lacking, even in built-in apps. It's also ridden with "Something went wrong" errors, making troubleshooting a pain in the ass.

I have an Xperia XZ Premium, and it's wonderful. Had it for over a year now with no regrets.

Do it op, the best argument against apple products is actually using one

Bullshit

> It's also ridden with "Something went wrong" errors, making troubleshooting a pain in the ass.

Example?

Basically the price tag isn't worth all the downsides like chronic thermal throttling and lack of useful features.

Like I said, I don't have an iPhone in front of me to give you an example.

It's just that whenever I try to do something and it runs into an error, the error message gives me nothing.

>Apple uses Sony cameras
What sensor a phone uses doesn't mean all that much. Blackberry Keyone uses the Pixel camera sensor but photos between the two aren't anywhere near comparable.

Nowhere near as good as clover.

Lol iPhone never had the best camera thought, that title unironically went to Nokia throughout the early smart phone era from 2009-2013 then switch between Samsung, Lg, and Huawei.
The iPhone camera has usually been very good, but other phones have always outclassed it like the Lumia 920/1020, or Galaxy s7, or p10 and etc

Attached: nokia-lumia-1020-imagem-oficial.jpg (2000x1221, 259K)

Though*
Switched*
Fuck

5T looks nice. Should I wait for 6T or get a 5T?

Not sure if you can call it a "reversal", and I'm not sure how you'd compare "battery life" fairly anyway. My phone has a 4000 mAh battery. The iPhone X has a 2716 mAh battery and the iPhone 8 has a pathetic little 1821 mAh battery. It's not exactly shocking that my phone will outlast any iPhone by a huge margin. Batteries do add weight so it's a tradeoff. I prefer to be able to use my phone heavily all day and still have juice left. Apple users prefer to have a lighter phone which dies by lunch-time for some reason.

btw, those "bad batteries" in iPhones you hear about are likely related to the very common tristar failure (charging chip) common to the iPhone 6. If your "battery dies" on one of those then it's probably not the actual battery.

>not just buying a $200 Xiaomi that's better than the iPhones and just as good as Samsung's
enjoy being a slave with debt