Asus Zenfone 5

I need some opinions on pic related. I'm looking for a new large phone for my fat sausage fingers to actually hit keys on.

Is this a good buy?

Attached: 1513656012578.jpg (1000x1000, 132K)

There's a smartphone general

Yes, but it's useless in every sense. All they talk about is Samsung and iPhone-related shitposting. I decided to make a specific thread because it's practically impossible to get any discussion going about a slightly more niche device.

i have zenfone asus, really satsfied but it comes too much builtin garbage

>Is this a good buy?
No.

Care to elaborate?

It has a notch AND a chin. Need I say more?

Well, yes. Why the hell does that matter?

Ugly and cheap looking. Implies poor engineering.

>notch
trash

Because Asus's software is horrible bloated garbage.

Do roms not exist in your reality?

>chin AND notch

>putting hours upon hours into finding the right pajeet ROM for your garbage phone that doesn't have official LineageOS support
Or, alternatively, since all smartphones are the same as far as hardware goes, you can get one that you don't have to fix the second you take it out of the box.

>not installing a custom rom the second you get a new phone anyway

>not working: cellular, wifi, gps, bluetooth, touchscreen
>working: boot screen
>bugs: you tell me ;^)

Nice reasons, highest IQ ever matte.

Explain. Do roms you install not work for you? Are you retarded?

Either a phone has official LineageOS support and you can go to their website and find what you need, or it doesn't and you'll be sifting through mountains of halfbaked "beta" builds on xda to find the one that works.
It's not worth the hassle when you can simply get a phone that doesn't come with horrible software to begin with.

There's a huge lack of working zenfone roms and you are limited to only one or two choices.

Judging by this thread so far I would say the issue isn't that the smartphone general sucks, its that Jow Forums in general sucks for serious conversion. Maybe try digging through product reviews and customer reviews across the web would produce better results. Good luck with the purchase.

Not true, i have zenfone 3 "deluxe" and its pretty minimal.

Or you could've spent 10 minutes to research the stability and performance of custom ROMs for a device you intend to buy, because anyone even slightly privacy/security conscious shouldn't be using OEM firmwares.