Is there anything I can use this crap for other than login into windows?

Is there anything I can use this crap for other than login into windows?

Attached: flawed-laptop-fingerprint-readers-make-your-windows-password-vulnerable-hackers.w1456.jpg (1200x722, 89K)

You can cum on it and it will give you a sperm count.

Unlock your dedicated hentai machine with the tip of your dick so only you can enjoy the tightest of lolis

You can use it to incriminate yourself

>flawed laptop finger print makes your password vulnerable
Or they could boot in to recovery

Be a good goyim who sends Finger print to (((NSA/Mossad)))

Dumb phoneposter.

I tried this it said I was pregnant

Tell me why do I have to slide my finger. Why can't I just press it against it?

You should get a prostate exam

The sensor elements are aligned in a line in contrast to "just press" sensors where they form a matrix.
Just like scanner vs camera.

you can put it up your ass, unless you're talking about the fingerprint scanner instead of your finger. In that case, you can put it up your ass

You can disable it.

You can set a bios level supervisor fingerprint login.

kek

does it work with gentoo

>not encrypting your entire disk

Getting real
How about a program that takes the input from the finger tip reader, makes a hash and uses that hash as a text password?

Attached: 1521147978724.png (756x795, 376K)

how exactly do you plan to harvest a single discrete number from multiple images of a fingerprint?

>other than login into windows?
I have one of those on my Acer. Still haven't figured out how to do _anything_ with it under GNU/Linux, there doesn't seem to be much software support or even kernel support for mine.

Not sure I want to put any more effort into figuring out how to get it working either, it doesn't seem that useful.

>phoneposter
is that the reason for (((this))) bullshit? never did understand why anyone would put ((( ))) around a word to highlight it. is this an artifact of phone posting (can't say I've seen clover offer an option to do it)??

Attached: anime-girl-with-questionmark.jpg (362x346, 36K)

newfag,
(((this))) is what you put around jewish nouns (originally an addon was programmed to automatically do this, meant to illuminate a vast jewish, or at least zionist, conspiracy).
current usage is often tongue-in-cheek

Attached: 1513002979250.png (1457x1080, 729K)

>it doesn't seem that useful.
don't bother. Right now the best thing you can do with it is use a finger instead of password to sudo in terminal.
Plus lots of software gets confused if you enable fingerprint support in polkit and acts strange.

>prostate
>pregnant
Pretty sure you mean a uvula exam, dude.

I have no idea how the reader works, if it takes a photo of the finger then the hash will never be the same.

update driver.

login into gentoo.

Attached: 2018-06-09_03:04:12_1920x1080.0.png (1920x1080, 1.08M)

I had one of those on my old laptop and it worked fine under linux.

Nope, if men test positive on pregnancy tests it could be indicative of prostate cancer.

These are insecure, might as well use a 4-digit pin as a password.

thats essentially what it does, you roll your finger across it a few times till it gets a solid image

by far the most useful thing is to sudo in ubuntu terminal.

>authenticating root with your thumb
Neat. I've only ever used a fingerprint reader on my UMPC so I didn't have to type my password every time I pulled it out but now I've got a use for the fingerprint reader on my laptop

Attached: IMG_20180609_095850.jpg (1944x2592, 463K)

Just imagine how cool it would be if you could attach different action/macro to every each of your fingers... On a laptop or a smartphone...
But you can't. Tech sucks.

better abort

source of entropy

No idea. Mine is completely dead for some reason.

>use fingerprint to unlock
>someone cuts off your finger
>gains access
>use password
>...

>someone cuts off my finger
>gains access
At least someone can, the finger I used for it is gone

How hard is it to fool one of these?

Kek.
That's almost fucking genius

Could maybe use it for 2 factor auth?
Eg strong password + fingerprint is stronger than just strong password

Not really, those fingerprint readers don't read dicks

>use password to unlock
>someone cuts off your finger
>you don't tell them the password
>they cut off more fingers until you tell it to them

You can do that on a Acer laptop with fingerprint scanner through (Acer Bio Protection).
Maybe you can do the same with proprietary Thinkpad software?

Attached: 1174_30_17-acer-bio-protection-fingerprint-solution.jpg (321x284, 13K)

How can one company be so based?

Come on Jow Forums, design a dickprint reader

That's based. Dell fp software doesn't offer anything like that. I once asked internet about android and read that it absolutely cannot be done.

It's Jow Forums shitposting for anti-semitic conspiracy bullshit. You have to be a retarded man child or underage cancer to actually use it.