Vega on 7nm

Well, shit. How much did they shrink their Vega? Does anyone have any comparisons with the previous Vega chip? Sad that there's no confirmed date for gaymen, but the enterprise might be happy with the gains(the few of them at least).

Attached: watch?v=mhEu3RiCLpg_0001_01:29:08_[2018_06_08_13].jpg (1920x1080, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/76487/amds-7nm-vega-is-much-smaller-than-14nm-vega
youtube.com/watch?v=qr89xoZyE1g
youtu.be/wqv_6qhbHxw
satch.tv/starts/?mref=261
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Videocardz says 40%
videocardz.com/76487/amds-7nm-vega-is-much-smaller-than-14nm-vega

Pretty sure that's smaller than Lisa's areola.

L-lewd.

Oh my how lewd

youtube.com/watch?v=qr89xoZyE1g

Attached: oh my how lewd.gif (500x483, 1.86M)

~300mm2 is not bad at all, it would put them right there with the likes of the 1080. The problem is that Nvidia themselves haven't shrunken to 7nm, so they would still be very far behind.

>dub

Attached: Why would you do that - Minerva.png (524x539, 127K)

But doesn't Vega have hbm2 on die ?

How did it work again? Do they include the HBM size? It wouldn't make much sense since you can clearly see how small the middle die looks.

It should out perform the 1080ti, they actually manage a 35% performance uplift.
They also touted a 2x increase in power efficiency, though they'd only need to improve by a factor of .7 to trade blows.
GCN isn't ever going to be as energy efficient in its current form when crunching general gaming workloads, but thats still a pretty tremendous improvement.

No.
HBM is not on die memory, its on package. Die size and package sizes are completely different things.

Also how do you measure a rectangular chip in mm squared ?

Are you kidding?

Dumb trips.

brb retrieving my well worn dunce cap

How'd you get those upside down 'w's?

i live in Australia

Attached: images-4.jpg (384x383, 23K)

I wonder if AMD will run any 7nm GPUs at GloFo later in the year, or if they'll stick to TSMC for volume on all their GPU designs. It'd be interesting to see how much the two differ.

But is it smaller than her clit?

size of a breakfast link

/ourmom/

When nvidia, bitmain etc. will use this node too and there is too much competition.

Doesn't work like that. If TSMC fails to provide adequate volume you can just take the masks to another foundry and have them run it. There is no direct porting just because they have the same industry marketing name.
Complex ICs are not foundry agnostic designs. They're designed along the guidelines and design rules of a singular given process. Everything launching in 2019 and 1H2020 is already set in stone.

??????

Attached: ethq56P.jpg (400x143, 13K)

Nigga just look at the center die, it looks smaller than previous Vega and Fiji.

I wonder what performance it would have if it had the same die size as 14nm vega

It does not matter. Nobody but miners will be able to buy them anyhow.

>tfw just bought a 22nm cpu for 350 bucks
it's an 18c ES Xeon @3.6ghz boost, did I fuck up ?

let's just say that the money you saved on the cpu you'll spend on electricity

meh I live in Canada, it's free :^)
good purchase then ? It was a v3 btw

Attached: 1528037374577-g.png (536x800, 163K)

It's an HPC die, the only thing that matters is DPFP perf.

well, depends, what do you do with your computer?

I bought a dual cpu Mobo too, planning to add another one in 4 years or so
I gaym, and do a lot of virtualization, encoding and blender
Also i love all the Xeon features since I plan to try out gpu pass through
I know it's gold for the rest but do you think the gayming will be sub-par or okay?

well, some people would say it's extremely subpar, but I'd say it's okay given the amount of MT performance you're getting in exchange, but you need an acceptable gpu too

Let's say I get a 1080 or a ti, do you know how many frames I'd lose approximately compared to an i7 at the same price ? can't be more than 10 right ?

I don't have the exact model number of your cpu, but I'd say a gpu that strong would get seriously bottlenecked

E5 2680v3
no way it gets bottlenecked, seriously ?

2 of them should be enough though 1 wouldn't be enough to power a 1080ti

>E5 2680v3
nah not powerful enough for just one and also uses +150 TDP on stock 2 of them doesn't make sense given the highest GPU you could run would be a Titan V or last gen Quadro.

youtu.be/wqv_6qhbHxw
>a v0 wins/matches in gaming
>v3 not powerful enough
user please ... are you sure of what you're saying

a bunch of weak cores will bottleneck it no matter what, for gaming you want faster cores

it can't.
because they're putting more ram

just increase the size of the package then

is this TV?
player?
all inone is here
satch.tv/starts/?mref=261

>AMD Radeon RX using 7nm coming to gamers.
e3 starts, people start to talk about consoles.
easy leap to ps5, using vega 7nm.

kinda makes sense, seen a couple already. Timelines though vary wildly. Some going as far to saying ps5 will come tomorrow, most settling for the soon™ up to q4 2018 and others relagating it to 2019.

OC'd Xeon vs i9

your really going full retard now eh?

not sure about that. reminder, btw: 10% of AMDs total revenue last quarter came from miners. That's no small amount. It's actually a lot. HBM and GDDR5/GDDR6 memory prices also contribute to higher GPU prices but all those chips going directly to miners have been a big factor. Now there's ASIC chips for quite a few popular coin algorithms. Both AMD and NVidia are starting to face some real competition.

That's definitely the plan, but they might just use 14nm because of the time.
Still have not bought a Switch because of its garbage Tegra, not waiting for AMD was unfortunate, but they sure have won money.

please explain ?

Attached: 1528195444023-g.gif (300x300, 438K)

Only if your motherboard has room for another one

otherwise you dun goofed

Lol. Good one.