Will you still use this when extended support ends in 2020?

will you still use this when extended support ends in 2020?
I dont wanna switch to Win10 and Linux is no option because I need to use a CAD that is only available on Windows

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1080x1080, 118K)

what's funny is the the picture says professional but, you asked a totally amateur question.

Win 10 LTSB

I will use your mom's orifices for my pleasure while I continue being an elite Gentoo hacknerman, nooblet.

but if you are using a linux distro that means you are probably only using kiddy orifices, desu

Shhhhhhh

Use Linux and run your CAD shit in a VM.

Attached: 1528375153539.png (374x520, 42K)

This is the correct answer

I don't want to downgrade to an inferior garbage.

I don’t think you know what downgrade means.

>tfw able to do a PCI-E passthrough to a KVM
How is looking glass doing these days? I don't want to use a second monitor / set of KB+M to play my vidya.

Windows 8.1 masterace

>running your main workhorse software on a VM
isn't most CAD software 3d accelerated?
brb playing quake3 over RDP

I use cad in Linux. What's the problem?

>not running CAD in a pirated W10 on a VM
lmao@ure lyfe

Yes

gpu passthrough bruh

>CAD shit in a VM.
but what OS in the VM?

Run Windows 7 in a VM.

There is people who is still using Windows XP.
Why should I drop something that works just for the meme MS support.

> T. guy who's running Windows 7 since 2011 and have the updates disabled.

yeah, probably on virtual machines but not as my host OS. my host will probably be antergos or ubuntu.

$600+ year for legit license

Win10 > Win7

Even Microsoft will tell you Win7 has been fucked to hell, Win10 is leaner and cleaner, particularly if you go with Enterprise or LTSB edition.

Stop being a pussy and try Win10.

quite few of us have

we were sick

on a dog

Attached: lee.jpg (999x757, 97K)

thanks, microsoft! i'll trust you just like i trust the smoking companies to tell me that smoking doesn't cause lung cancer!

Yeah, recently "downgraded" (more like upgraded) to Windows 7 from 10 and it's miles better. When support ends, I will switch to Win8.1 first before I use the POS that is Win10.

Just switch to Windows 8.1 with Start8. By then maybe a better alternative will be available.

Attached: 8-tans.jpg (1920x1080, 441K)

meme

windows 10 is a mere reskin of 7, with included forced updates that are harder to bypass than the berlin wall.

Windows 10 is nowhere as bad as Jow Forums paints it. I absolutely hated how their marketing department pushed it and I still hate the new control panel, but the start menu can easily be brought back, the new tiling features are convenient and ads can be completely hidden. When Windows 7's extended support ends I'm making the jump even on my personal pc. Linux, even with KDE, is simply still not up to par.

> Win 10 LGBT

Maybe it isn't as bad, but almost all my relatives that use windows 10 have problems with it. Sometimes really bad problems after an update.

>ads can be completely hidden
Remove them or fuck off, hidden is not acceptable.

I already have updates disabled so nothing changes for me in 2020

Should i buy a copy of Windows 7 off of ebay or should i pay a fuckload to buy a new copy from Microsoft?

You should install systemd/linux

No, I won't use it because Windows is gay jewish botnet garbage
Bryscad (available on Linux, Mac, and Windows) is unironically a good alternative to AutoCAD.

its the updates that fucking suck. SOMETHING breaks every update. Bluetooth pairing is fucked since the april update, before that it was DHCP renewal.

Honestly want to main linux and sideload windows 7 just to have something stable yet modern.

Yeah that's cool and all but that doesn't answer the question of "is it better to buy windows 7 from ebay or Microsoft". If i wanted to have you start peddling linux to me i'd ask which version of linux is the best.

i actually installed windows 10 begrudgingly last month. for the first hour i completely hated it, but it's really grown on me. it's actually a fine OS save for some decisions i don't care for. my advice is to give it a try and uninstall or disable the stuff you don't want.

Will be waiting till a mature Win 11 is released or an alternative if that's even a possiblity.

>which version of linux is the best.
I like Ubuntu Mate. Fast, easy to use and has everything i need.

using win10 for about one or two years now or more.
had about one or two bluescreens in the whole time and i usually leave it running for weeks without restarting.
use "shutup 10" and "Classicshell" tools, tweak some of the default windows settings and its easily better than windows 7.

Attached: firefox_2018-06-09_03-01-36.png (2560x1440, 767K)

What's the worst version of Linux? Is it a matter of opinion or is there a version that's much worse than the others?

>Trusting anything Microsoft says
Nigga.

Microsoft has staggered os. Xp was good, Vista bad, 7 good, 8 bad. 8.1 "good" 10 bad. We can only hope windows pussy sweat number 11 is good.

its baked in there is nothing you can do about it
Why do you even bother, user?

I've had to use 10 a few times, and the thing that drives me nuts about it is how they renamed shit and moved things around, so I have to guess at what they're calling it now in the search bar until I get to what I need. It's a total waste of time. I've been using Windows since 3.1, and I've never had as much of a hassle changing to a new OS like I have with 10. The fact that you have an uphill battle to make it mostly stop spying on you, and all the icons look like an intern wasted an hour in MS Paint (OH WAIT, THAT'S GONE) just make it that much worse to me.

I'll be staying on 7 for a long time, and probably just switching to 8.1 if I have to as I wait to see what else may come down the line.

>We can only hope windows pussy sweat number 11 is good.
I'm curious to find out if they'll finally back down from their "this is the last version of Windows" statement and finally just build 11.

Attached: 1526086510074.gif (480x366, 582K)

Windows 8 and 8.1 are awful are you okay user?

Till the end of the times.

8.1 debian dual boot with only using 8.1 as a last resort. I'm currently using 7 with debian dual boot and weeks can go by without me using windows.

what the fuck user what are you doing with that xboxhueg taskbar

That looks abhorrent.

And $0 a year for a pirated one.

Yes silly winfag/weeb, it's called Linux.

Already on 10 since insider preview, desu

Yes I will use it after 2020 you can't stop me microcuck

Attached: 1438314014557.jpg (2560x2938, 1021K)

Attached: 1438317994910.png (1600x1980, 545K)

last one, would appreciate if anybody has any more like these

Attached: 1497882052188.jpg (638x5176, 968K)

Yeah, this. I have eno plans to switch on my laptop, or at least until I get a PC.

8.1 is like 7 but lighter and more stable, I honestly find it superior all around. Sure, you have to install a 3rd party app if you want a usable start menu, but that's pretty much the only downside.
Not sure why so few people rate it

Your monitor doesn't have a second input?

this is what you get for using windows: no control over your desktop.

if i we're you (windows-software-dependent), i'd bite the win10 bullet. it's not that bad when you disable the majority of m$'s bullshit and installed classic shell with the win7 startorb.

Ofcourse. But it is supported until October 2021.

>will you still use this when extended support ends in 2020?

No.

I'm on my way to moving to Linux.

I don't play video games anymore and I don't really need Office, I just browse the net, watch movies, listen music and I'm learning web dev.

Visual Studio Code is on Linux and as soon as I find a good replacement for foobar2000 I'll be set.

>I need to use a CAD that is only available on Windows
Do you think your software would arbitrarily stop working on the same day official Windows 7 support ends?

Control panel look isn't even near the genuine, practical complaints about Windows 10. Since you're already convinced - where is the unsubscribe button on your blog?

>Its not so bad when you disable it
>disable
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1527495683825.png (628x720, 368K)

r u stupid. u just reinstall every 180 days which is normal schedule for windows

i like

limit.network.option
and
ask before sending any date
and telemetry = off
or setup cooperate telemetry yo 127.0.0.1

be sure to get 8.1 embed without all the garbage reular 8.1 bring. ps 8.1 does exactly same bot net as 10. your only option is install gentoo or win8.1 embeds. they even give away free serial

>be sure to get 8.1 embed
I don't think those builds would function as intended on desktop setups. Are other variants really that bad?

>8.1 embed
Still has Store.