I heard you can sell energy if you produce it, how true is it?

i heard you can sell energy if you produce it, how true is it?
can i buy solar panels, find a cheap energy supplier and buy a strong enough lamp to power the solar panels? and then sell the energy for more

Attached: mini-solar-panel-very-small.jpg (600x600, 40K)

Are you legitimately retarded?

nope, even if it weren't a net loss of energy, the power company is who buys excess energy from you and they pay shit. so even at an equivalent energy exchange you'd be losing money

yes

American education, everyone.

Attached: hmmm_crayons....png (213x237, 7K)

First and second laws of thermodynamics OP.

I knew a farmer who put a wind turbine on his property to sell energy. It is possible but with a not with a few solar panels

Customers want electricity in powdered form, so this is only profitable if you package the electricity and sell it in by the pallets.

The local power companies are complaining about all the solar power pouring onto the grid, disrupting their distribution algorithms and causing havoc.
Solar power is missing at night when the load from domestic heating/cooling is highest.

Fuck solar.

Attached: CPUC_CalISO_DuckCurve_535_374.jpg (535x374, 101K)

>i heard you can sell energy if you produce it, how true is it?
Contact your local electrical company. They will buy it for half or less, than you pay them for grid.
You will need grid inverter, that will convert whatever voltage to phase-correct AC.
>can i buy solar panels,
Yes, you can
>find a cheap energy supplier
Impossible, usually electricity is supplied by government company, or municipal company. Like trains, rails and sometimes rolling stock belong to government, and companies rent trains with drivers...
>and buy a strong enough lamp to power the solar panels? and then sell the energy for more
Why not rectify cheap electricity and give it back to expensive company?
Indeed, OP's retarded.

Fuck niggers, that make electricity price grow without reason, and then those fucks are complaining about non-loaded nuclear or coal plants, burning hole in their pockets.
Stupid niggers.

buy a battery instead
you charge it during the day with cheap power
then you dump that energy back at night for more monies

Fun fact: after Germany announced and began shutting down their nuclear plants following Fukashima, they quickly began getting huge power spikes and dips on their grid that threatened both to destroy equipment and cause brown outs. As a result, they have had to start burning more coal and a lot of natural gas to make up the deficit.

I wonder how long it's going to take for people to fully realize that renewable energy is very nice, but you still need baseload power that has easily change controlled output.

>the day
>cheap power
??????????

What a lot of people are failing to mention is that you simply wouldn't be producing enough energy to make any substantial money off of the excess.
If you could sell it to the power company (hypothetically) you'd want to be producing tons of excess, which i don't think you'd be getting from a couple solar panels.

Cool idea though

It's really popular in Australia, my dad does it and with my projected calculations he should break even in 5 years, I would have waited longer for the technology to mature more

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-09-12-38-18.png (1080x1920, 104K)

Its called the Duck

That 1800 attempt to restart but lacked enough generating capacity to establish a base load to set the phase letting other generators hop on and help.

Attached: sa-wind-energy-sep-28-blackout.gif (772x608, 50K)

This makes my blood boil, nuclear actually has fewest deaths per TW.

PROTIP:
The Duck is some bullshit energy companies peddle to try to explain away their lack of forward thinking.

If they invested in fast-start distributed power generation, with localize storage at each plant, like has been brought up to damn near every major energy company, "THE DUCK OF DEATH" wouldn't even be a thing. Energy companies need to get rid of huge, monolithic power sites, and move to more maintainable models for the long term. Or if they want to keep the big monolithic pieces of shit, invest in energy storage. Preferably non-chemical.

There's already strong lamp available free of charge - it's that gloving ball in the sky..