How to request purchase advice:

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 1424615836240.jpg (960x600, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hifiguides.com/
chiru.no/
youtube.com/watch?v=-Kmq9uM4Mq0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 72D4D1F6-E111-40FD-8334-16BC777AA8A4.jpg (2924x3850, 2.1M)

stax

nice stax

Attached: staxkids.png (360x594, 241K)

im just getting started in audio quality what would be an upgrade from my crappy amp its a Earforce DSS unit from a pair of turtle beach cans that died on me along time ago Currently running it with superlux hd 668b Any solid recommendations trying to stay within a 100-150 usd budget. Mostly listen to music while i read and some light gaming.

>buy stax
>sound good
>enjoy

buystax

stax

All memes aside is the SRS-3100 a good starting place to get into stax?

I'm gonna buy stax 009s

>canpicker still there

This is inappropriate and you need to stop this right now.

Would you rather me put the zeos meme?

hifiguides.com/

you still have the OP name on

but yea it's a decent start. to be honest I'm not in love with the amp it comes with though, it's a bit weak and won't scale if you later want to upgrade. if I could really recommend a starting point for stax it would be a used solid state amp that runs at 400V, so the 323, 353, or whatever you can get for a reasonable price, and the L300 LE. that's a pretty big set of purchases though and it's hard to recommend it because of how expensive it is, even though I'd consider that the best option for the value, and nearly the full stax experience.

the 353x + the L300 LE is a really great combo, but it's hellishly expensive even though it's technically still entry level stax. used stax amps are typically way better value than buying new though since stax owners love to get expensive amps later on down the road and sell entry level ones. but be careful buying them, make sure the seller is trusted.

my sennheiser momentum in-ear broke after 3 years of use. my past three IEMs were sennheisers (cx series and momentum), i liked the sound but they all broke rather quickly despite handling them with care.

i looked through the guides in the wiki, but i still wanted to ask here. should i get the momentums again (70€, 2 year warranty) or get the shure se215m+ (110€, 3 years warranty) for the replaceable cable?
i'm not an audiophile. i prefer a neutral sound, but bassy is also ok.
i want to use them on my phone. the momentums were really quiet compared to the standard ipod earbuds i'm using right now. i actually kind of like the ipod earbuds because of that, but they're missing a remote.
how loud are the shure?

I'd get the full 30 W amp.

why are all you faggots getting into Stax and memeing it to hell just now?

You fucked up the subject line of the OP.

Attached: 1518553764009.gif (360x240, 1.27M)

If it has to be new.
You can find older models on the grey market all the time. It's a Stax whether sold from Japan, Europe, the US, or elsewhere.
The SRM-252 can be bought from elsewhere, as well as used 323 and the 353. 252 just needs the correct DC adapter, the 300 series will require transformers to work locally.

/hpg/ does things in rotations. It's tied to how eager someone is about their new toy, and if any shitposters decide to play along.
Last was the HD600, now it is Staxen.

the hd600 is still going strong

I kind of miss those two anons who would argue every night about the hd600 vs hd650

Her legs are way too thin

If you wanna stop them talk about stax build quality. They don't like that.

Attached: hpure.jpg (280x275, 48K)

>just now
We have been doing this for like 6 months now like true autists why do you say "just now"

>hd600 vs hd650
It's like a heated argument about the weather.

How about some love for the Denon AH-D7200? I NEVER see them mentioned here, yet they are amongst some of the best headphones in the world for electronic music

Attached: file.png (800x500, 534K)

should I buy HD6XXs or ZMF classics?

kannons are better

Kannons?

>kannons

Attached: Remembb.jpg (858x678, 113K)

taction kannons

HD6XX.

Ah I see, very funny ;^) Seriously though, the AH-D7200 are amazing

6XX

Attached: HD650.png (928x960, 104K)

I'm being serious too.

If you must have no detachable cables do it right.

Attached: Ifyoumust.jpg (848x433, 171K)

Can I help You? RME . . .

Attached: 20180524_211619.jpg (4032x3024, 475K)

The cable probably has a knot at the end to stop it coming out. The Stax has a fixture

>252S is weak
Can you elaborate? I got the 3100 system a couple weeks ago and with L300 that knob at 11 o'clock maybe 11:30 on quiet songs is as loud as I can be comfortable with. And as I understand all lambdas draw the same amount of power.

he got tricked by the sneaky amp merchants

How do Japanese auction services work?

Attached: aleado.jpg (1001x603, 148K)

Replace it with chiru.no/

This thing is part of my dream setup partly because you can get rack ears and set them up in a rack. My dream battlestation involves two racks like pic related as desk legs and then rack mount an rme, find some rack mountable speaker amps like crowns, maybe a rack mountable dac like emotiva xda 2 to feed speaker amps. Rack pc case, amd fill any empty space with drawers and shelves.

Attached: 299317.jpg (472x472, 16K)

I mean just now as in recently, considering how Jow Forums promoted them but didn't meme them years ago.

People kept saying t50rp need tons of power dude you need this and that. They get loud on my magni 3 just fine. Remember amps are for making things loud enough for you to hear them comfortably. Stax SRM-252S will most likely run L700 to ear damaging levels.

So then what you're saying is as far as lambdas go there is no reason to go past 252S?

Audio forum rivalries... what a time to be alive.

AFAIK 252S is just the 323S circuit gimped down from 30 W to 4 W. As electrostats use more current at higher frequencies, any shortcoming will be heard in the treble.

Attached: 20180524_212900.jpg (4032x3024, 365K)

That's slur rate and should largely be inaudible

>slur rate
So I need an Irish amp?

Attached: 20160203_112534.jpg (5312x2988, 609K)

Slew, autocorrect. I laughed

Attached: 20160823_195805.jpg (5312x2988, 1.05M)

Racks are my fetish but looking at that cabling is like watching a beautiful girl getting fucked by a fat old greasy guy with a tiny cheese dick. It looks like somebody gave up halfway through building that rack.

Will You look at the Plumage, Sir?

What did he mean by this

Monty Python reference - whoooosh

Visual representation of argon user, the chicken afraid to post his setup, with his expanded soundcage

argon? more like FAR GONE from reality

One More... U guyz is lucky, no one else sees these. Who out there has a white laser?

Attached: P1090028.jpg (4320x3240, 372K)

kek'd

Attached: 1511126733493.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

youtube.com/watch?v=-Kmq9uM4Mq0
I love my golden cage keeps people who measure DACs out .

Attached: 1526180621838.jpg (377x351, 24K)

You are locked in here with us.

Seriously, get yorself a Giant slab of marble 2' x 6' and put it on top. Done.

why is nighttime /hpg/ so trash?
stax stax stax staxstaxstaaaxxxxx
would you fuck off with your earspeakers from headphone threads? You say yourself it's not headphones.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=drW0iAb-H9A&t

Marble is expensive and heavy as fuck why would I do that when I can just get a nice slab of wood instead.

good looking wood is more expensive than marble. and it's not heavy, maybe 10-17kg

>there is no reason to go past 252S
There is but it's not because you can crank that sound up whatever o'clock. You get better amps for better components and durability. If it gets too hot or not. Not because of a 'lil wave you can not hear. Of course more power means (usually) better components.

Attached: n11284.jpg (1000x706, 289K)

>making things loud enough
it's about driver control. 600s sound like ass on weak amps, they sound loud but bad.

>it's about driver control.
Stop playing with ya knob.

Attached: 1526812295410.jpg (413x570, 57K)

stax elitism needs to die

009s is objectively bad. Brand loyalty needs to die.

>Blocks your path

Attached: sssds1.jpg (500x500, 46K)

What set up does he have/use?

Attached: 1528449370675.jpg (825x959, 69K)

muke

>amir and jude confront each other in person, battle over multiple yggys
>come to peace and understanding, standardization of measurement presentation
>the united duo become unstoppable, usher in a new era of forum shilling, burn through marvey's remaining lives
>jason must spin at incredible unheard of speeds to dispel the foul winds of schiit qc

truly the dankest timeline

M40x

Can anyone recommend any good over ear headphones for someone with a big head?

I've only had 'gaymer' over ear units such as the Corsair Void, and the razer characias, and my ears get very uncomfortable / cramped pain feeling after wearing many for a little while. I'll be using them for probably primary gaming, a bit of music.

I'd like to be up to maybe $120.00 or so, maybe a little higher is ok. and I'm in the USA

Airpods

shp9500

Would it sound awkward if I only bought one speaker? I want to buy the JBL LSR305's, but rn I only have money for one speaker. Maybe later I'd buy another one, but if it isn't necessary then I won't.
Also do I need to buy any amp or dac or something like that? I'd connect it to a thiccpad x230.

What DAP's are good? I was looking at the Pioneer XDP-300R, but I have no idea. Have only used a phone up til now, and want better audio when I travel. I need a ton of space though.

I'm a pleb with another pleb question as well. Can the Tin Audio T2's be used with a balanced cable? I read that the XDP-300R is only using all of it's potential when you use a balanced cable. (I'm not sure how well a nice DAP will even work with T2's.)

Arigatou.

Attached: XDP.jpg (800x350, 25K)

>What DAP's are good?
10 year old walkman with 60h battery life I got

airpods and m50 not x then he acts like a snob about owning m50 over beats

Hey anons, I'm looking to get a non shitty pair of bass heavy headphones, any help is appreciated

>Budget
About $100
>Location
United States
>Source
Samsung galaxy s7, no amp
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Doesn't have to be super comfy, extra clamp is fine because I don't want them to leak sound, they have to be bearable though
>Sound signature
Either v shaped or bassy
>Past headphones
I've only ever used shitty IEMs

takstar pro 82

Attached: shitguide2.png (1524x3312, 683K)

If anyone can provide a headset which matches these criteria would appreciate it:

>Soft on ears
>Has mic
>Metal body, won't snap in half
>Aux only (obv)
>Detachable aux cable

Thanks.

Attached: 1525944553221.gif (800x371, 131K)

Is the "no" in the "Love knows no gender" sticker a silhouette of.. Pardon me. A dog penis?

Attached: 1528397551289.jpg (840x960, 67K)

These newshits are annoying as hell. I remember we could have a decent conversation about them back when they were not so popular: only indo user, that canuck and a couple of other dudes were really serious about stax back then.

I really like m1060, I'm staying up when I'm tired just to listen to stuff, but I think I'm gonna return 'em and try LCD-2C because I have brain AIDS

is there any good earbud?

just go straight to stax

I'll get some Stax someday but I want to try a couple headphones that've sounded interesting to me, maybe pick up a tube amp at some point. It's probably silly but the one-headphone-to-one-amp nature of Stax is a drawback to me. When I eventually get some, if they're everything they're cracked up to be, I'll admit to /hpg/ I was wrong

>I'll admit to /hpg/ I was wrong
like the lcd-3 owner?

tried stax, it's not for me

when are 6xx gonna drop again? it's my endgame headphone