Is it just me, or is this software ridiculously obtuse to use for what it is

Is it just me, or is this software ridiculously obtuse to use for what it is

Attached: WordPress_blue_logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 107K)

Find a book/better documentation, all the CMSs are just big piles of complexity

Try doing anything non conventional on WordPress. See how far you go.
Python 3 Django is where it's at

Attached: 124567865634314323.jpg (1200x1200, 314K)

use Anchor CMS

Don't use it.
Seriously - why?

Good for what it is - blogging and corporate websites. I guess you could do something more with it, but I've never seen it beyond the regular uses.

It's not good for anything though.
How is it better than just doing a site yourself?

You're wasting more time managing and wrangling this bullshit than you'd spend just making a new page from a template you made in dreamweaver... as that's already the lazyfuck way to do it.

Not long back I had to build a company website. Then I got told "Becky in HR should be able to write blogs on it".

Becky still runs Win XP because when we tried to move her to Windows 10 she flipped out about we made her computer "too hard".

Wordpress is about the only thing I could put together that's made to facilitate this level of normie use.

WordPress- Love it or hate it, it took over site building for small organizations, and put all these $2,000/per website "pros" in the unemployment line. It changed the game. It's beyond bloated, and stodgy, it's like using a diesel semi tractor trailer for pizza delivery.

I absolutely hate WordPress, but I "learned" it, and learned to make templates. Clients want them in hopes they can do their own site, but they never learn it.

Basic site building is a shitty business. That's why I moved into backend programming, or more complex, custom site building.

>she flipped out about we made her computer "too hard"
lol

My company just started using it for their intranet.
Just kill me. Every plugin adds massive bloat to the site and JavaScript fuckery that delays page load and fucks up things like the layout by using fucking masonry and shit.
Writing code for it also sucks. The plugin system is pretty retarded, and everything is global and non-testable.

it has critical vulnerability every week, do you really thing this can happen to software with good codebase?

You should use the basic plugins for security and avoid installing random plugins. Rather write your own code with it - makes a whole difference

That's not really my choice. They decided to use BuddyPress, with Thrive as the website's design.
Together, those are bloated AF.

>go to thrive website
>talks about their visual editor
just fucking kill me

Just use a static website generator like Jekyl, Hugo - or if you want to go big - something like Imperia. You'll thank me once you don't get exploited or naturally DDOS'd.
Due to all the fake sections, plugin extra data and what not advanced Wordpress sites aren't even easier to maintain.

Honestly if you set yourself the same rules Wordpress does you've write exactly the same thing.

>Supports versions of PHP that have been EOL for years
>Due to the above, doesn't support any of the things PHP has done to clean up its act
>Support arbitrary plugins intercepting all your own functions
>Support arbitrary database fields by basically having an "everything" column and then a set of rules to note down what you put there
>Support themes written by Pajeets

Now, i'm not saying you should give yourself those rules..

>Jekyll
I proposed to use it for shitty landing pages at a meeting, my boss laughed at me and we moved on. I don't even have a chance to learn it on the job and we just do shitty wordpress custom themes and occasionally magento sites, which we have to learn on our own on tight time strains. halp me

"WordPress" is a buzzword your boss uses to get customers.
If your company advertised "Jekyll" or "generated, static websites", the customers - and you KNOW how retarded the kinds of customers who not only decide to use WordPress, but who are so retarded they need help installing it are - would probably scream and shout in retarded anger.
I wish you the best of luck that you haven't hit the point of no return and can still eventually get a proper job.

>"WordPress" is a buzzword your boss uses to get customers.
No kidding. They told us that WordPress is more 'sellable' as a cms, which is true considered how much people use it and can be handed over to the next equivalent of pajeet.
>I wish you the best of luck that you haven't hit the point of no return and can still eventually get a proper job.
Thanks man.

>easy to deploy anywhere(cloud seems to be the perfect host)
>thousands of retard proof plugins
>even a grade schooler can manage
Its perfect for illiterate people or company who is willing to pay you 5k usd for a website.

You should have doubled down or quit. Dont support XP on your corp net.

>do you really thing this can happen to software with good codebase?
yes, it's going to happen to any non-trivial software that's running on 50 million websites

>halp me
If you can, quit.
Better yet, if you can, grab their customers and build your own business.

I've deployed Wordpress installs in both cases

>If you can, quit.
Wouldn't make that much of a difference since most web agencies I've seen are exactly like this.
>Better yet, if you can, grab their customers and build your own business.
I like your thinking, also pic related

Attached: 1477133624993.png (547x402, 66K)

how do these clusterfucks become so popular that million of people run them?

Marketing, ease of use and developers not willing to create a CMS on their own