Why are we allowing graphics card companies to cuck us? What went wrong?

Why are we allowing graphics card companies to cuck us? What went wrong?

Attached: ddss.jpg (450x252, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126199&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

well it would hvae been fine but then money skelly came

just wait for the fed to crack down on cryptocurrencies. prices will start returning to normal after that.

also, take this opportunity to sell your card for a profit and quit playing video games

You're a few months late famalampai
Prices are much oser to MSRP now

Rx 580 still selling for 300,100 too much.

Unfortunately it's Nvidia cards in the 400+ dollar range that are close to MSRP, you're still paying an extra 50% for AMD all across the board

$280 at the lowest (8GB), which is only $50 or 60 too much instead of $300 more
Vega is also about $60 over MSRP which is a lot less than the $400 that it used to be

Where? The 4gb I still see selling for 300.

how's freshman year of high school going, op?

Attached: you are fucking retarded.png (749x700, 34K)

With 10% promo this is $280
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126199&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
Isn't he out of school for the year anyway

I like your picture as it shows your simplified understanding of economics.

It's a 200 dollar card selling for 300. You would be a cuck to buy it.

>artificially limits your supply because I have a monopoly
checkmate

???AMD just has overpriced shit that makes you need to pay for other shit to support it compare to nvidia.These rx 580 are as much as my r9 390 when I bought it in summer of 2015 for similar performance.

The DDR5 VRAM is some of the coolest tech around... Only NVMe SSDs are cooler. I feel the prices reflect that.

idk high school ended in 2010 for me

>when lots of people want something that exists in limited quantities, the cost to acquire that thing goes up
>I want that thing
>I can't afford that thing right now
>in fact I might not have ever been able to afford that thing
>I'd better go to my echo chamber on the internet and complain where everyone will agree with me
>if someone says otherwise, I'll just pretend that I know more
>I don't actually have to explain or know anything to argue on the internet

many gpus are still quite a bit above msrp still though

>be nvidia several months ago
>have new gpu architecture in the pipeline who's r&d takes up production capacity
>simultaneously mining meme becomes a thing
>one of the most volatile things ever
>should I cease my r&d cycle that has proven to work before so that I can make more old stuff?
>or should I just stay the course and let the mining thing blow over?

>fast forward to now
>mining bubble has burst
>probably didn't make that much extra money because board partners have buying prices locked in months or years in advance
>much more likely that retailers made those extra dollars
>going to announce new architecture in august (probably)
>probably going to show it at an impossibly high overclock in an impossible setting playing whichever game plays the nicest with the new architecture

Idiot miners and gamers buying shit at inflated prices
t. paid $550usd posted for my 1080 g1 mid last year

>be me in 2015
>purchase 980ti to go with cool new monitor
>fast forward to a few weeks ago
>980ti takes a shit
>getting random restarts
>useless Jow Forums screeches
its your power supply reeeEEEE
>despite the fact that I replaced the power supply and the symptom persisted
>try everything else: different power outlet, prime 95, windows memory diagnostic, swap ram sticks around, underclock/undervolt gpu, reduce graphical settings
>still only get resets when something crazy is happening onscreen
>take advantage of EVGA rma
>replace my 980ti with a 1080
>mfw they gave me a more powerful card
>mfw no more random restarts

as it turned out the electricity bill was unusually high that month. I think the broken card was drawing too much power, causing the restarts

tl;dr get your cards from EVGA

Attached: 1501133807391s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

>mfw I saved the thumbnail

Attached: 1315625368311.png (445x431, 6K)

>stop doing what you enjoy for a few shekels
I wonder what it's like having this outlook on life

>EVGA
nope

KEK op still plays with the vidya jew

This, also thanks to AMD and miners, AMD cards costs a bunch and performs like shit and nvidiot is able to keep their price sky high with virtually no competition.

it must be a wretched existence where other people having fun triggers you

That's the majority of Jow Forums. What do they even do in life?

Suck bbc

cuz you idiots keep buying new cards

Only nvidia jews us. I bought an rx580 a month ago for msrp (200 euro)
Nvidia only puts the price so high because they are jews

Just consider this: out of 6 billion dollars income, ONLY 50 MILLION are profit for amd, meanwhile out of 9 billion dollars income nvidia makes a whole 3 billion profit
Its really just literal overpricing

Wrong, mine was 200
Granted its the 4gb version but 8 wasnt worth the extra 80 euro for me

be me
>buy 6950 2g card on ebay
msi brand
>forgot i installed hacked dx10 on xp 6 months before
fast forward 6 months after getting this card
>weird shit on screen. didnt figure it out until about 3 months later what really happeend, (hacked dx10 must of been, wasnt really bad video) tell msi, cards broke. they ask for some information. say its under warranty, but we dont have that card no more. want an 7950 3g?
me >YEAA
fast forward 2 years later
>this card really shit. actually shits. breaks. green shit all over screen when i launched the sims 4.
>call msi, yea cards broke. asks for some information give it to them. its under warranty
i used a differnt email
>send in, we only got r9 390 8g for replacement you take one?
me >yessss
how i kept new cards for like 5 years.
took the digital out r9 390 only card and sold it on ebay, paid for the 980 gtx nvidia with analog out i wanted for sale used on ebay.
its fast. it has a graphic error i just noticed but it runs still. seems a weird watrer streak down th eescreen. but its ok. warrranty is shitted out on this one, msi wouldnt talk to me.
but what, buying a used 6950 got me

I bought a 580 before the cryptomining bullshit started so I'm fine. You do know the price fluctuates so much not because of AMD or Nvidia but because of the resellers, right? AMD and Nvidia are making their money of quantity and not huge price hikes.

I'm still trying to find a job in this shitty town of 10k people. Even the minimum wage shit holes are too packed/not hiring. I just want to start streaming but I can't do jack shit with my Radeon HD 7700. 1070 Tis are like $450 right now still.

>job
Fuck that. Why not just freelance? Why deal with hamplanets and niggers complaining that their chicken is undercooked for $9/hr?

Good fucking luck with that. My name's not Pajeet and if you're not willing to work for 1 dollar an hour, you have to get extremely lucky to find any kind of work. My friend works for Klarna and makes in the low six figures but couldn't for the life of him get any work on freelancing websites. He even tried pimping himself out for a low $20 an hour but most of the clients on there post jobs and never log in again or want Pajeets even though the result will be shit. I personally would fucking love to freelance but I tried for months and never got a single client. The only clients I got were for content writing. I had to do a bunch of review on gaming chairs for $1.5 per 100 words. It was work I guess...

You have to build your Linkedin up. Recruiters and real clients don't go to Freelance sites because it's like the trailer parks of the internet. You need a solid Linkedin profile if you ever want work.

jesus dude you'd have better luck on fiverr than going to shit like upwork and those garbage sites. literally no one gets their big break or start on odesk or upwork

since in skandi, you can literally work for a year and be on unemployment of 80% salary the next one

>Fiverr
Don't do this either. Have fun competing with all the "I WILL SPEND AN HOUR CUSTOMIZING YOUR WEBSITE FOR $5" and only earning $3 of that on top of everything else. Stop working for cheap because it only attracts cheap clients. Want to scare cheap fucks away? Tell them your services start at $30/hr minimum.

Execpt it's not the company but the store and middle men who fuck your ass.

Too many faggots buying Nvidia GPUs, without an AMD product keeping Nvidia honest they will refuse to release new GPUs