If someone ask's you how to download youtube videos and you tell them to use this without telling them there isn't a...

if someone ask's you how to download youtube videos and you tell them to use this without telling them there isn't a gui i assume your an asshole

Attached: Untitled.png (501x207, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 1526306718144.png (600x656, 53K)

if i ask for advice for a program and you give me a link to githhub i automatically assume its a piece of pleb reddit homemade Jow Forums failure code freeware garbage trash that HAS to be unzipped . take your command line freeware shit and shove it STRAIGHT UP your tight asshole

What difference does it make?

No, I've tried telling people to use youtube-dl, they just ignore my advice and go on the first result on google for "download youtube videos".
As soon as I mention "command-line interface" their interest withers immediately.

One time, I just said "download youtube-dl" and they did, so then they ask why it just opens and closes immediatly when they double click it
>right click the window and select "open command line here"
he said nevermind almost immediately

Heaven forbid you ever have to unzip anything.

well of course. its a bunch of extra wasted steps that SHOULDENT be there. why on earth should i waste even a fraction of my valuable time learning the shity commands of the shity program to download a fucking video? just make the fucking program copy and past the link in a fucking BOX and click a download button? is it that fucking hard?

You don't know what freeware is.

Are you too stupid to learn two commands?

THIS is what we want. not some black box shit cmd . fuck it man .why is it so fucking hard its the most popular video site on the planet make it EASY

Attached: 914-Z3tTZ85hfW0juqH1-s-.png (325x278, 20K)

>cmd
Kill yourself.

because it's a useful utility and has tons of options, you can extract just the audio, you can redirect the streaming video to stdout if you're on shit internet, the default options are fine for retards, it's just youtube-dl [url] to download the highest quality version of the video

you sound awfully arrogant about something you know nothing about
command line applications are easily portable to any platform, your GUI garbage is locked to whatever OS it was written for.
Nearly any competent GUI program is just a friendly interface for a library or a commandline utility anyway.

it was the last straw. i couldent take it anymore. you make shit so fucking hard. Mpv player is shit
there all shit because people LOVE to make extra steps to seem cool and important. functionality wins everytime asshole

now im forced to use this java crap. thanks for nothing you freeware tard fucking extra steps asshole fucks.

Attached: Untitled.png (1440x900, 145K)

>my valuable time
jerking off is not a valuable use of your time

How much money did you make last year?

i'm sorry i lost control usually i try not to curse. yeah the program is free yes it has a learning curve a 4 year old could master it. but i dont want to wait i dont want to read i JUST want to download

Attached: 1528068073445.png (740x900, 923K)

I use these two firefox addons
>YouTube Video and Audio Downloader (WebEx)
>Media Converter and Muxer

First one to download the video/audio files and second to extract/combine seperate video/audio.

Just go on hooktube. Don't even need a program or extension

keep crying :)

There's GUI apps for that.

found the brainlet

you fucking moron
how hard is it to type youtube-dl [vide-link-here]
and you can paste the link

Imagine being so dumb that you can't type this into a black box youtube-dl.exe
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

>i assume your an asshole
Why is the assumption that the person I am talking to isn't retarded, making me an asshole?

What in the world could be easier to use then mpv?

You might as well enjoy it, it's not like you'll ever get to unzip anything else.

>HURR HOW2SEARCHTHEINTERNET
is this fucking bait? delete this shit tier garbage thread you fucking retarded dumbfuck

Attached: 2018-06-09 08_53_33.jpg (863x737, 84K)

>there isn't a gui
anons ......
>command line applications are easily portable to any platform, your GUI garbage is locked to whatever OS
LMA0

Y'all wrong, the brain responds to visual information much better than contextual information, that's why any reputable software has a GUI. Needless to say moving your mouse around is easier than typing.
Not writing a GUI begs your software to remain obscure, literally and figuratively.

you literally type in "youtube-dl (link)" and it downloads the best quality for you

terminal cancer is gui

STOP BUMPING THIS CRAP

Attached: ydlg_ui.gif (930x615, 159K)

bait?
or you're too retarded to be making threads on Jow Forums

How low IQ do you need to be to lack the ability to type "youtube-dl [URL]" and press enter?

>i assume your an asshole
oh no! some literal nobody thinks I'm asshole! what's next? are you sending me flowers you tsundere?

YOU'RE A TECH GOD WHERE DID YOU FOUND THIS?

Damn OP, it must suck to have sub 80 IQ.

Attached: are you le serious cat.jpg (380x360, 13K)

>Shrek snap
Yeah, your post OP is worthy of the C folder. Also, it's you're as in you are.

that's greap but its on github, do i need to cimpile anything because I don't own a C

OP, i'm willing to pay you if you take a genuine IQ test and post results, i'm really curious.

nigger fucking stop

Attached: 2018-06-09 09_08_59.jpg (367x417, 23K)

I don't know, why don't you go to the webpage and see if they have a compiled release?

Attached: 1378845266065.gif (500x281, 998K)

oh shit need to run code and I don't even know python... is there an exe binary of this?

now it's getting to obvious

Cannot tell if bait or just genuinely tech-illiterate

1.That's one command for one of it's use cases and you didn't even set the output ...
2.I was obviously talking about GUIs in general as yt dl already has one.

It even makes me feel stupid for having to explain this shit

That's the only use case you apparently cared about, and you don't need to set the output.

you're *

Double clicking the video file I want to play and it simply playing.

It's all subjective and you think that you are appealing to what is currentlypopular. Sometimes I prefer to just have the terminal because it only does what I tell it to do and I can accomplish complicated tasks more easily than selecting a bunch of options from a GUI.

GUIs aren't totally useless, but they are just one way to accomplish things (IMHO really simple things). I feel that the CLI is honestly very powerful and I've learned to work with it. I don't have to use a pure GUI to set up network connections, for example, I can do it in the terminal.

>people are unable to open a basic program on their personal computer
Can you imagine guys?
Can you imagine one being so willfully ignorant doing anything of value to an employer.

You have to tell windows or linux that you want to do that.
Mpv can't change that, just set the default media player

Not OP but what annoys me is how much jargon there is on the youtube-dl site. I can't even figure out how to run the program or what to even do with it.

Why go through all the hoops and hassle when I can just type "youtube downloader" click the first link and paste the url?

>people on this thai flipbook board have superiority complexes because they prefer taking 3 lefts to go right

Autism is real

youtube-dl.exe url

Wow that was hard you gotta be a hacker

>i dont know how to open let alone use program that i need
Truly remarkable.

I don't feel superior to you because I prefer the terminal. I feel superior to you because I'm able to accomplish the incredibly simple task of typing a program name and a URL into the terminal.

I never said I didn't know how to do it, but thanks for proving my point.

350+ replys incoming

If you knew how to do it you wouldn't spend over an hour complaining about how complicated it is on Jow Forums.

either put xterm youtube-dl $(sselp) in your wm
or put it in a .desktop
there you go

That was literally my first post in this thread you newfag. You literally just drag it into cmd with a link. My point is that you're trying so hard to feel superior that I can almost hear the fedora forming on your head.

I'm not trying hard to feel superior. It's actually pretty easy when you complain about not being able to type the most basic command into a terminal.

Get some reading comprehension, retard.