In retrospect, was it any good?

In retrospect, was it any good?

Attached: android_g1-660x535.jpg (660x535, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

guardianproject.info/code/lildebi/
f-droid.org/packages/org.dyndns.sven_ola.debian_kit/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I had the Nokia N900 for 3 years, not OP's.
It was the best phone of its time imo.
If OP's is any similar to the N900, then yes.

I got one a few years after it came out, it was a neat phone. I wish more had trackballs. Also the screen was one of a kind (at least in my experience). It was backlit yet functioned like a reflective LCD at low brightness in sunlight

It doesn't look comfy at all.
T.guy who had picrel.

Attached: maxresdefault-1.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

That's that super tiny Xperia, right? This one's normal sized. The Passport's a pretty large phone and here are the two for comparison

Attached: BlackBerry Passport and ADP1.jpg (2448x2448, 1.12M)

>Correct 5row qwerty
>trackball thing
>microsd/battery/headphone basics
I think its safe to say it's the single best android device ever designed

It doesn't have a headphone jack

>no qt oreo wireless ssh terminal device

Just needs a modernized screen and it would be amazing.

>no headphone jack
AHEAD OF IT'S TIME

Attached: 1482990747517.jpg (555x547, 54K)

This shit was cash
Fuck I miss Sony Ericsson smartphones
Sony's were ok, but all Sony Ericsson had something in them that really made them stand out

Ah shit, it used some non-3.5mm nonsense didn't it? Shouldn't be a problem.

Trackball or any other means of 5-way navigation is something that should be in every modern phone. it was wonderful means of navigation and i have no idea why it was dropped.

I haven't got G1, but i had Milestone. It was worst qwerty i've ever used, but it was still qwerty and i loved it a lot. And this build quality, holy shit, i still have it in my shelf just to touch it from time to time and remember how good phones used to feel. Wonderful device.
>tfw you overclock your old milestone and it starts running any game on psx emulator, full speed
>and even n64 emu

Attached: 46523632.gif (376x276, 997K)

The mini USB port was some special dual USB/RS232 port, this was the official headphone adapter. I've got an HTC Dream and an ADP1 within arms'-reach, the adapter's somewhere around here too

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (500x500, 16K)

I can't post on Jow Forums with mine anymore it's just too slow.

> you will never eagely await donut to be ported to your G1 on XDA forums ever again

>That's that super tiny Xperia, right?
Yeah that's 2012 se xperia mini pro (not to mistake with se xperia x10 mini pro that came before and was utter shit).
I still have this phone with cyanogen in a drawer. Sadly it's pretty useless since running ICS was the top of it's abilities.
Fun fact. On cm it even has usb otg working.

Are there links anywhere to the Debian dual-boot? I looked into it but the links posted on XDA were dead

I miss my N95.

Why can't there be an N95 with updated internals?

It was literally fucking perfect aside from the OS.

I recently bought a Jelly Pro. It's smaller and has a battery with 30% more capacity. An N95 with a modern battery and CPU would be a fucking master of endurance.

Attached: nokia-n95-mobile-price.jpg (1200x738, 437K)

guardianproject.info/code/lildebi/

>chroot
no

chroot's not a boot. I dunno what else you're going to get running on that shit though. Rip tracking device libredom.

f-droid.org/packages/org.dyndns.sven_ola.debian_kit/

>chroot
no

I still have mine and it still works. It was a great little phone.

Oh shit, look at that!
My old G1 !!
I had one when they first came out.
Everyone would just stare at it,
I was an early adopter.
That was a cool phone.
It was sturdy too.
I could text like a rocket on it.

Too bad it's predecessor, the G2, was a clunky POS. What actually inherited the G1 fan-base was the Samsung 4G Relay.
I destroyed my old G1, but still have my working G2 stored away, but it's just memorabilia now.

In retrospect, the G1 was awesome for it's time.