The issue of freetard software always being bad

Why do freetard software invariably have strange behaviour that no one ever fixes?
>Issue closed by basedboybrogammer98: feature request and not a bug!!!
>rustlovingcockslurper2001: agree!

Take qBittorrent for instance
>Opens a modal dialog on every start up, prompting you to install a new update. It sits in the background and stops everything from starting. Queuing up torrents when in this state does not work.
>Deciding to download more files from a finished torrent instantly moves it to the downloading state, and closes the pane where you select which files to get
>Torrents stalling constantly despite a plenty of seeds, have to be forcefully resumed to start
>Spams duplicate identical notifications if error occurs multiple times, like "I/O error for torrent"

etc. etc. etc.

Attached: 2131270.png (400x400, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

qbittorrent.en.uptodown.com/windows/old
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why don't you fix it?

Attached: 3022019-inline-750-creatures-09.jpg (640x464, 59K)

Because I don't use qB

Then why are you bitching about it?

Attached: 1344719471941.jpg (400x400, 93K)

It is just one example of the kind of ineptitude that is prevalent among many open source projects

I get annoyed because I have to try all the praised garbage software before finding one not made by drooling retards.

You get what you pay for

Why do you expect software to be different?

>Full-time programmers with MSc's
vs
>uneducated hobby programmers struggling with fizzbuzz

Be the change you wish to see. If you find a free program that needs some improvement then you should try to fix it yourself.

>Opens a modal dialog on every start up, prompting you to install a new update. It sits in the background and stops everything from starting. Queuing up torrents when in this state does not work.
>Deciding to download more files from a finished torrent instantly moves it to the downloading state, and closes the pane where you select which files to get
>Torrents stalling constantly despite a plenty of seeds, have to be forcefully resumed to start
>Spams duplicate identical notifications if error occurs multiple times, like "I/O error for torrent"
Examples, examples, examples.

They would make perfect issue reports. Easy to fix too.

>qBittorrent
Thought only Ameripoors with their non-Gbits connections used this abhorrent piece of software

>durr can't dl to ul yify on q torrans
>have you opened ports of your firewall?
>durr wut but i use chrome android foxfire suxxx...

Attached: haluut kuolla1.jpg (164x169, 5K)

Fuck off kuchi

The same claims could be made for any piece of software, I'm waiting.

They are extremely specific examples of qBittorrent quirks, you retarded mongoloid.

They are not found in any other clients.

>You get what you pay for
This argument doesn't work very well. There's tons of overpriced garbage out there. For example: any apple product.

Attached: 1507749474960.jpg (480x596, 51K)

Which client should been used instead?

Great, now provide examples of how those you've mentioned can be replicated. Why are you even pretending to be oblivious to this?

Transmission.

Attached: 1486504717518.jpg (4032x3024, 2.46M)

First one:

1. Go here and download a version that is not the latest one: qbittorrent.en.uptodown.com/windows/old
2. Close the client if it is running
3. Have a browser with a torrent association for magnet links and click one one such link
4. Modal dialog appears. Click on another magnet link to confirm the queueing error.

Second one:
1. Download a multi-file torrent, except deselect one or more files.
2. Wait for it to complete.
3. Go to the "completed" pane.
4. Select to download 2 more files, wait ~1 second between clicks.
5. Torrent will have been removed from the pane before you are able to select the second.

Third:
1. This is intermittent, probably bug in libtorrent usage.

Fourth:
1. Delete a file that has been downloaded part of a multi-file torrent.
2. Wait for torrent to try and enter completed stage
3. Notifications start building up

Anything else, basedboybrogammer98/rustlovingcockslurper2001?

post a better one then

see

prove it dipshit

i fucking love qbittorrent and there's nothing you can do to change my mind with your pathetic lies

Attached: 1502287534333.png (552x331, 37K)

>Anything else
This is what you should've posted in OP.
>basedboybrogammer98/rustlovingcockslurper2001?
What is wrong with you?

>download a version that is not the latest one
So you're saying the problems have been fixed in the latest version?

Attached: so youre saying.jpg (811x540, 51K)

>running outdated software that not only has access to the internet, but also broadcasts your ip address and connects directly to other peoples computers
>complaining about said software telling you to fucking update your shit
>complaining about other things that have most likely been fixed in the latest version
idiots like you are the reason why microsoft decided to force their windows 10 updates

No...

The prompt appears as soon as a new version is available. If you have the latest version, you can't test the bug until another version is released.

You don't appear like a very educated person so let's not do this anymore. Go watch your anime and remain a degreeless neet

Works for me ;-)

>stalled
>retrieving metadata

>I just dont give a shit and shit out shitty code

Attached: 1518623272422.png (200x193, 33K)

>weebshit
>poorfag
like pottery

qbittorrent works flawless for me desu

>Opens a modal dialog on every start up, prompting you to install a new update
Turn off update checking
>download more files ... moves it to the downloading state,
As any sane person would expect
>Torrents stalling constantly
This started happening to me after installing win 10 anniversary update + updating qb to 3.3.13, and only for the first two weeks uptime. Once it has a couple of weeks uptime it connects to peers instantly. Weirdest issue ever and I could never be bothered figuring out if it was windows or qb update that caused it. I rarely restart the client, so it only affects me for two weeks every 4-6months.
>Spams duplicate identical notifications
That seems to be a QB 4.x problem, roll back to 3.x.x and everything's good.

>try all the praised garbage software before finding one not made by drooling retards
That's what you should be doing anyway, you fucknugget.
Imagine relying on the opinion of others instead of trying for yourself. Just imagine. Spoonfed winbabbies even need to be told what program to use.

>>Deciding to download more files from a finished torrent instantly moves it to the downloading state, and closes the pane where you select which files to get
what did you mean by this? Did you set the torrent to download only a part of it andmthen decided to download more? What else were you expecting

I don't get it. It's a free product that you have the option to NOT use.

Why don't you help fix it? Or at least open a few issues or feature requests instead of shitposting about it?

>Second one:
You can effortlessly sidestep the stupid issue you're pretending to have by not doing
>3. Go to the "completed" pane.
You can instead just do this from the "all torrents" pane
>inb4 but I'd have to look for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A) Order your torrents by completed % and you'll have the same torrents you'd have in the "completed" pane at the top
Or
B) Use the search field in the top right corner to filter

>implying rTorrent isn't the best torrent client

When I used qbittorrent on windows 8.1, it suffered from a huge memory leak that hogged up all memory after half an hour, plus I see winbabbies complaining about stalled torrent all the time. On the other hand, I had never had an issue with it over the three years I ran it on multiple debian installs. My conclusion is that cross platform free software is a meme. Windows users suffer because devs don't really care about the windows releases (rightfully so), the devs suffer because they have to develop for a garbage platform, and linux users suffer because devs waste their time developing for windows instead of improving the linux version.
Honestly, if you're a windows user, just download the latest ad-filled release of utorrent, or download an old version that may or may not have security vulnerabilities. In either case, your torrent client will fit in better with the overarching theme of your operating system.

These are all work-around, no fixes.

Disabling auto-updates, using an older version... Worse mental gymnastics than uTorrent users.

>Why don't you help fix it?
It clearly states the issues are closed by the developers/people running the repo or whatever

>on every start up
nani, you can also disable updates entirely

Sorry that's mental gymnastics

Attached: 2018-06-09_12-29-27.webm (780x598, 514K)

Tell me how great bug reporting with proprietary software works.

Also thos fucking ads. qbittorrent used to be the most competent torrent client and it went to shit. What happened?

>Why do freetard software invariably have strange behaviour that no one ever fixes?
Don't know what you specifically refer with "freetard software" because it's a pretty vague term but in general i find linux based systems to be more stable and much less problem-prone than windows, at least the latest version of windows (can't talk about mac tho), so it's very hard for me to buy this kind of propaganda about closed source software being inherently better just because you say so. Seriously, if you're doing this for free you should feel bad with yourself.

Fork it and fix it fagot. Or stfu and go fuck yourself. It works for us. The problem is you and your shit machine. Fork it, fix it test it and make a pr. Instead of complaining all the time like a roastie or nigger

Attached: businessmanthrowingpapertrashbasket17052683.jpg (1027x1300, 126K)

since version 3.3.16 qbittorent sucked cock

It stalls when you open settings. It blocks up while loading meta-data from magnet link.

It's a shame, it used to be well, but moved on to better things now. Tixiati

>wahh fix my crappy software for me
No thanks. I'll just use superior software.

Stop being obsessed with qbittorrent, it's unhealthy. People been telling you for years to use whatever client you like/works for you. Stop spamming these threads like a retard.

>Disabling auto-updates
What kind of free software user autoupdates? That is antithetical to ensuring the software still respects your freedoms before installing. Fuck off back to uTorrent, winbabby.

>Why do freetard software invariably have strange behaviour that no one ever fixes?
Have you ever tried getting an RFE worked on in proprietary software? I have, i got a very useful feature into a piece of MS software. It wasn't easy and it took 2 years. I've had no luck getting ANY rfe's accepted for atlasian software, nor getting bugs ive lodged looked at.

OTOH i've personally fixed bugs in freetard software myself due to being able to.

There's literally no reason not to use pic related that's not tinfoil shit.

Attached: utorrent204.png (315x338, 60K)