So once this language gets HKT and const generics it'll basically be the GOAT, right?

So once this language gets HKT and const generics it'll basically be the GOAT, right?

Attached: rustlogo.png (512x512, 84K)

Is HKT actually ever going to happen?
Rust doesn't have inheritance yet. let alone.

Nope
Rust is a language noone asked
Too low level to be expressive and fast
Too inflexible and nanny to be useful for low level
Ugly syntax that makes C++ look consistent and beautiful
An unholy, vomit inducing mix of C and ML syntax and semantics
And the community is even worse
The only good thing is the hype has died out
And unlike Ruby (which is a cool expressive language and therefore survived) Rust is going to disappear soon
Good riddance

Rust feels like an experiment to me, once lessons are learned I look forward to using something better.

Go write your blog in

>Ugly syntax that makes C++ look consistent and beautiful
hahaha no, that would take more

Idris is already the goat.

>hype died out
How do we know this? I don't expose myself to deceptive content.

>Ugly syntax that makes C++ look consistent and beautiful
>And unlike Ruby (which is a cool expressive language and therefore survived) Rust is going to disappear soon
What a joker you are. Go away, /u/shevegen

It's less of an experiment than C++.
Consider this: C++ is an experiment in how long a committee of memers provide papers for stuff that doesn't fix basic issues until Barney Starsoup blows a gasket.

those two are not related

Any opinions on Jai?

haskell is a committee and it worked fine

Seems fancy, but I'm no gamedev. So I still hope for either Rust getting mature and to compile faster than C++ or AdaCore getting their shit together and providing a modern Ada dialect or FreePascal providing a standard for something resembling a modern language dialect. Or Eiffel getting back into business and providing a modern, appropriate dialect. Or anything like that.

literal cuck language

>unironically typing this out
Thank you for the laugh

Haskell has compiler issues more than twenty years after its design.
It's a language experiment all along. There isn't much pressure if there isn't much to do right.

Interesting stuff. I feel like no matter what, in the language space, things are bound to progress for the better, finally. People seem to be trying at the very least, I don't care what I end up using in 5-10 years, but I have hope that one of these projects will result in something good.

Not that guy but every time I hear JAI mentioned the only people who answer is people who think 4 years of part time development and design for a serious programming language means its vapor ware.
There's also usually a bunch of claims that don't seem informed on the current state of the language.

Maybe that's practically all comments here on less known languages and this is the only one I've looked into enough to tell.

Personally I think it's going to be good for blow himself. He obviously felt really bad about working in C++. It's popularity is very difficult to gauge but I get the sense that most of his close peers regard his language as risky and high level. They dislike C++ for its direction and they've all been using a data oriented approach. It doesn't require many fancy features.
The assumption that the programmers should know and care what their source converts to is solid. Getting any industry to move from a C* is hard though.
For broader game development unity is making a push for abstracting what's needed to make proper well performing games and I expect them to have at least partial success that keeps developers quite solidly in that space.

I certainly find it an interesting language that I'm excited for and I hold similar virtues to Blow I feel.

irrelevant until compiler comes out

>Maybe that's practically all comments here on less known languages and this is the only one I've looked into enough to tell.
It's the issue that can't be avoided, people invest some time learning about something but don't have the time to keep up with changes. Their state of the world is outdated, but they still assert it as current, instead of realizing things may have changed.

I don't think this is a problem with programming language discussion, I think this is a problem of discussion generally.

Attached: 1412609379095.jpg (599x359, 21K)