Jow Forums approved laptop

Looking to buy a laptop, what do you guys recommend? What I'm looking for, from most to least important.
>linux driver support
>good battery life
>good screen
>portability
>14 or 15 inches

Only posting pic related because I can't start a thread without an image.
Also I'm not in a hurry, so feel free to suggest models that will be released in the coming months.

Attached: 419077-dell-xps-13-touch-2016-gold-edition.jpg (740x416, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Macbooks are the only good product unfortunately, make sure you buy one of the more expensive ones as the lower priced ones are factory rejects they sell.

A 4 8 5

Attached: 1528558387459.png (725x515, 226K)

Lenovo all the way. Parts are in huge abundance and very cheap prices, they can support Linux Windows anything you name it, so usually very affordable compared to a MacBook, and MacBook discontinued 32-bit software support for their Mojave iOS, afterwards Mojave that is.

Windows 10 and older Novo would be pretty good as long as it has 8+ gigs of DDR4 RAM and a decent GPU.

Nice bait nigger. The current line at least is dogshit especially the keyboard. I program for work and also at home so this is out of the question. Next model might be an option if they fix the keyboard, battery and throttling issues and offer a model without the shitty touchbar.

I'm a bit wary of Chinknovo since my T420 suddenly died after less than a year, but this doesn't look so bad. Any other models I should know about?
PS: are displays still shit on Lenovo laptops?

estimated price?

Your pic related pros:
>Linux driver support 100% on Developer Edition
>Excellebtt battery life on 1080p version
>Good IPS on 1080p version
>Most portable 15"
>15"

cons:
>Intel ME
>Spectre bugs

Id hodl until there are non broken cpus on laptops. Otherwise get the 1080p version. 4k one is a great screen but not worth paying extra for and losing battery life.

Unknown but release is Q3. Id say 2300CDN 2000USD. That Ryzen GPU and CPU are lethal and its up to 32gb ddr4 ram.

Biometric sensors on fingerprint scanner and hd 720p camera. Nuts.

This or the MSI Apache GE72 series laptops are boss. I had the msi apache ge62 and had to sell it since im poor. Broke my heart.

Amazing torrent laptop too was running 24/7

>2000USD
Enjoy not selling one ever
Except I think you're way way waaay off
I'm betting it'll be around 1000-900 for the dogshit tier with 4 gb of ddr4 and 768p and spinner, just like T480 and T470

Thinkpad
Not just I'd say T430 (or T420 if you're brain damaged) but you actually want a proper screen so either T440/T440s if you can do the touchpad swap otherwise T450/T450s
Maybe T540p or T440p if you want something with a bit of kick

GNU/Linux*

spectre is a non-issue you fucking dip

Macbook Pro with Retina Display

That's about the starting price range I'd expect. I'm gonna pick one up as soon as they become available to replace my 6 year old 1st generation X1 Carbon. I'm thinking they'll be about $1600 or so with maxed out ram, upgraded screen, top tier Ryzen, and M2 SSD.

OP said he wants a good screen, not a laptop with a screen that belongs in the trash bin.

>Paying for faulty hardware
Its a matter of principle. If you buy faulty chips now they will continue producing them.

India

>Cheap:
Used thinkpad
>medium price range
Something like xiaomi Notebook pro or equivalent laptops
>expensive
Dell xps or equivalent laptops

The XPS 13 has a decent screen and amazing battery life. But annoying coil-whine, an awful keyboard and the trackpad goes full retard if it's not perfectly clean.

My work gave me a Dell precision workstation with the dock and all and it's pretty dope.

Also the only thing I really hate about it is the keyboard just feels weird and no nipple. But, both of these don't really matter when I use it almost always with the dock + normal keyboard + mouse.

GOOKSHIT
O
O
K
S
H
I
T

Funny thing is, I have had a far more pleasant experience running Linux on my late 2013 macbook air than any other laptop, including thinkpads. The only thing that doesn't work out of the box is WiFi, but that's an easy fix on any distro if you have a phone or thunderbolt ethernet dongle to install the module package.

Attached: BTFO.png (1002x578, 268K)

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge & loose at bottom
>flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX has horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a heavy 95WHr battery
>even XTREME GAMER laptops like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Windows laptops in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>heat exhaust literally blows hot air onto screen
>screen melts off and separates
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>keyboard fails and requires $1000 repair if a speck of dust gets under a key
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

>it's 2018 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously

>macshit literally has the build quality of a $200 acer for 10x the price
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Attached: 1501485254346 (1).jpg (1800x4500, 1.93M)

x120e

Attached: DSCF2164.jpg (1080x720, 100K)

I just bought one for $42

excited

:3c

It's so fucking cute, right

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 105K)

>>good screen

I heard Razer laptops have great screens. They also have great touchpad and general build quality.

Not sure about Linux support, tho.

XPS are also ok, but it's the more expensive ones which are good. The cheap ones are meh.

Also the Surface Book is good, though with a few minor flaws (like during gaming they tend to not stay charged, even when they're plugged in their dock).

For a decent laptop, you need to pay at least 1000-1500 bucks. Everything under 1k is pretty much trash or chinkshit.