Install software for a specific feature

>install software for a specific feature
>gnome removes it a few months later
FUCK YOU

Attached: gnome.png (402x488, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/233
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Smug KDE user here. What did they remove this time?

Attached: smugty_venture.png (449x575, 279K)

BTW: Was it a JS Gnome plugin that failed to load later on?

>It's a windows babyduck cries about desktop icons episode.
If you stopped posting online and actually focused on refining KDE you could maybe be considered as an alternative to the standard.

What specific feature?

What's the difference if KDE advertises a certain feature and it doesn't work? The fucking taskbar clock stops working when you full screen certain applications. I was late for work the other morning because I stayed up too late watching a movie. The clock had stopped when I started the movie and two and a half hours later I thought I still had an hour until bedtime. Fucking piece of shit, how do they screw this up?

Attached: index.jpg (200x193, 9K)

i just upgraded to fedora 28 and they removed the fucking thumbnail-size option. it was the only way to not have nautilus look like shit because you could stay at the default zoom level but increase the thumbnail size and reduce the horrible amount of whitespace between each image. now you have to choose between tiny thumbnails and huge whitespace between images or HUEG thumbnails and HUEG whitespace. it looks like garbage.

Enabling the "new views" in the options improves it but then you can't drag and drop images. You really need dragging and dropping images too because gnomes file picker is such fucking trash and doesn't have an icon view that it's easier to drag and drop an image off nautilus.

It's inexplicable to me as to why every DM and gtk instance has such fucking horrid thumbnail systems

>reduce the horrible amount of whitespace between each image
Nautilus doesn't offer a compact view option? It's been a while since I last used, it, but I thought it had one.

>the current state, in the current year, of KDE's file picker

Attached: Screenshot_20180609_172009.png (1127x850, 131K)

Without SUSE's patch, FF uses the GTK3 filepicker.

2018 STILL NO THUMBNAIL GRID VIEW

Where's Reddit when you need them? They'll surely get this resolved!

gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/233

opened 14 years ago lmao

Free software actively limiting your choices. It's sort of like communism, a nice idea in theory but ends up with totalitarian control issues. Fucking gnomes!

It got a bit of attention on reddit a whileback. I remember someone posting a link here. I can't seem to find it now though.

What's the best KDE distro?

It's either Kubuntu or Neon.

That's not actually KDE file picker. Firefox is GTK+

Good luck forking a proprietary software after the maintainer gone full retard.

I'd go with openSUSE

Fullscreen applications disable the compositor. This is intended. You can force it to stay enabled or just use fullscreen borderless windows.