Anyone else rocking a beastly Nvidia GT710 GPU Unit?

Anyone else rocking a beastly Nvidia GT710 GPU Unit?

>can play ANY game at 720p

Attached: 20160302165115_big.png (1000x857, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=goZqkPg1wA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have a 720 and a 610. I desperately want to get rid of them. I don't care at all that they're slow, I don't play vidya on this machine, I care that Nvidia is an incredibly shitty company and, unlike Intel and AMD who push their video drivers upstream into the Linux kernel as free software, Nvidia releases a closed proprietary driver and actively tries to fuck with the people (Nouveau) trying to make a free one, by things like requiring signed firmware and not releasing specs and datasheets without NDAs. They're literally a shittier company than Intel, think about that.

Unfortunately low-end AMD GPUs are thin on the ground, so I haven't gotten around to replacing the damned things yet.

>Can't even do steam big picture UI at 60fps

>i care that nvidia is a shitty company

found the faggot

>muh morals

it's a business retard

It’s a free market consumers can support companies that match their ideals that’s the whole point

I'm still using a Radeon HD 4800, it randomly blue screens and I can't play anything >DX9. I'm looking to get something a little better but finding it hard to find 2nd hand cards in Aus.

wow i didn't know this.

i guess only AMD GPUs for me from now on

thx for educating me user

Attached: karlie.png (759x500, 382K)

Only recent years that I was able to play with lower end GPUs. Just traded a working hd5750 for a broken gtx580. Would love to try the oven fix for fun.

Worse than even an Intel igpu.

If your CPU is old enough consider the 2200g to kill two birds with one stone

>Can get almost any low end GPUs and even look at them in person.
>would love to help if shipping isn't too expensive

Running an i5 4460 on a Gigabyte B85M-D3H. The setup as a whole has been solid, only lately the graphics card has started to fuck up. I haven't got the money to spend on a motherboard upgrade as well but thanks for the suggestion.

Are you in Aus?

>>can play ANY game at 720p
lol it can't. This piece of shit doesn't even come near the gt1030 or the 2200G Vega iGPU. It's trash.

Literally worse than Intel Iris Graphics.

So Intel HD tier?

kek

Way worse actually.

Attached: Screenshot_20180609-214925.png (720x1280, 191K)

That's Iris Pro, compare it against Intel HD

Still a piece of shit

Attached: Screenshot_20180609-215317.png (720x1280, 196K)

kek that's pathetic holy shit

time to charge your phone

Shitposting with a amoled theme gives me enough juice for an hour, and I'm too comfy to be bothered right now.

>Shitposting with a amoled theme
does this turn everything but text full black or something? what browser supports that functionality anyway?
-t still using galaxy s2 on its original battery

Nope, I'm in Hong Kong

What's the difference?

So shipping from anywhere to aus is just as expensive?

Holy shit, intel graphics are just twice as fast a shitty low end 6 year old gpu? lol

Clover

i have a gt710. i originally planned to use it in a server pc that was running a 8350 but that plan fell through, now im running a 1700 and a 1060 24/7

yeah this, nvidias propuetary drivers are GARBAGE on linux. its literally forced me to add a really shit amd gpu as a display device

The thing that pisses me off is that as far as I can tell all the cheap single-slot "I just need two display outputs" AMD cards are older-generation stuff that AMD isn't bothering to support with the drivers they're getting into the kernel.

I have a 710, almost any game at 720p with low settings less than 30fps. I'm surprised it could run BoTW on cemu at 25fps.

I want to get rid of this cunt

the fact that even a 7970 isnt properly supported anymore (and wasnt since 2016) is what pissed me off. it prompted me to upgrade to a vega but vega didnt have proper drivers at the time so i returned it and got a 1060. lo and behold the 1060 drivers are quality so now im using a 260x + 1060 dual boot system where i have to switch around my pcie cable so that both gpus dont interfere with each other. I mean if i stuck with the vega id be fine now but well im not going without a system for nearly half a year

Because of this I will never buy a nvidia GPU again. I lost so much lifetime by debugging problems with nvidia GPUs under Linux.

GT 1030 is much faster than any Intel garbage iGPU

Nope.
Using the HD 4600 for Lunix and a GTX 750 Ti for Windows.
A pain in the ass, but desktops/drivers on Lunix are a mess.

then go buy a 1030

Nouveau is garbage and is utter waste of limited resources, nouveau developers are morons that could go and fix other Linux issues instead of working on a worthless shit driver that doesn't work well at all

You want the best performance, use Nvidia's driver, it just works

>>You want the best performance, use Nvidia's driver, it just works
Why don't the fags at Nvidia GPL their shit then? That'd instantly obviate any need for Nouveau.

yes?

>Nouveau is garbage
proprietary is also garbage

exactly. don't you know that businesses are all meant to be heartless private tyrannies? get with the program

I'm actually using a GT310.

> he doesn't gayme
> he needs something else than nouveau

autismo incorporated

>GT710
youtube.com/watch?v=goZqkPg1wA4

Uncle Linus be like...

Attached: 408d999ac344c811b51a61348661866b9dad56e8.jpg (251x201, 6K)

>720p
is this 2003 again?

Attached: 1366765849556.png (368x507, 381K)

ITT: samefags and people who blame drivers instead of setting up shit properly.

I have it along with a celeron processor
Can't play the newest vidya but don't really care

1050 ti + i5 2500 master rqce

>businesses should be immoral
The absolute state of onionfriends.

well idk then man. how can i set it up so that i dont have screen tearing on the fucking desktop and video playback (i dont actually play games). ive tried every common fix (composite pipeline, that other xconfig fix) and nothing works. running cinnamon on debian. amd just works man

Low end gaming question: unravel 2 just came out, i read the min reqs and it seems like im fucked, as i only have a laptop with b970 cpu and amd 7500m gpu. My question is: are the min reqs the absolute minimum, or will i be able to run this game on minimal settings somehow?

>i5
I swiped a third gen i7 from work years ago, still rocking it and burns through all jobs I need it to.