youtube.com/watch?v=UaQpvXSa4X8

Attached: hap.jpg (360x270, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2015/01/07/technology/intel-budgets-300-million-for-diversity.html
danluu.com/cpu-bugs/
openbsd.org/papers/BeckPledgeUnveilBSDCan2018.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There is some good nerd rage from the FreeBSD autists starting at 18:00

Theo praises AMD around 29:00, explains they have a more secure cache architecture.

god even irl freebsd fans are unbearable

people always claim theo is insane but the freebsd people are definitely unhinged

is there a version with better audio?

Basically Theo called them out on signing NDAs, and they argued a technicality that the FreeBSD Foundation is distinct from the FreeBSD Project.

holy shit... @19:30-20:00 the guy absolute fucking loses it.
> Then 20:00 the guy is like 'shut the fuck up about it'....

Dear god, if I ever had to work with these guys..

what if he's just a plant to justify the CoC?

Sorry, i've been around jackasses like this throughout my time in the industry. It's what occurs when you vest too much time into your work.. It becomes your life and you because an unhinged dumbass who has no social awareness. If the speaker as an equal asshole he would have got in his shit...
> I'll talk about whatever the fuck I want to talk about .. If you have a problem or a way of correcting me, how about you act like a fucking adult instead of a bitch and provide clarification information you FUCKING FAGGOT.

Nah, not a plant.. just an unhinged autist who isn't really BOUT DAT LYFE... which is why he gets loud like a bitch hoping to mask that he's actually a fucking pussy.

Btw, someone give a quick digest of this...
What is this 'new bug'? I don't hear anything about it in the video beyond speculation.

> mfw I vividly recall some dumb fuck indian in kernel dev quizing me on TLB design in an interview on this very bullshit and I highlighted how you can boost performance with a less secure design but you'd eventually have some serious problems down the road
> mfw this fuck claimed I had no clue how TLBs worked because they had done soo many flawed tweaks for performance
> mfw you see this shit happen many years later
Fucking pajeets.

> LMFAO @ THE QUESTION AT THE END ABOUT OLD THINKPAD PURCHASES

there will totally be a song about this

What did Intel do to have this bad luck?
>Ryzen and AMD comeback
>a horrible bug that left its processors like a 4004 in terms of security
>the bugs appear again and again
>they 10 nm process literally is broken and leaks electrons everywhere
>they are faced by class action lawsuits
>PR fiasco after PR fiasco ("4 cores glued together", "everyone is affect pls dont sue us" "oy vey goyim I swear i have a 5ghz processor" etc)
Its like the fucking universe decided to shit on Intel one day.

It's not bad luck, it's a decade of spending money on bribes instead of product development.

l2tick-tock you retard
while shills feed the tards propaganda to buy amd
they also shill propaganda to make retards want to jump from their currently good working processors (intel)
durr

wew lad, no wonder FOSS keeps dying

You mean tick tick tick tick tick tick

>meltdown
>good

>muh tick tock
>after several skylake re-releases
Are you fucking retarded?

The autistic sperg out was completely unexpected and hilarious.

Attached: 1523439167174.gif (235x250, 97K)

watching it right now

>the autistic fit
*snap*

Jesus Christ
Theo is savior of computing.

That may be more true than you realise. After the Linux wars aka Unix wars 2.0 fallout, you be assured that there is a concise, clean and immaculately documented Unix system waiting in the wings for us to rebase from. It retains the lore and purity of Unix for future generations.

Karma is a bitch

>19:35
Fucking autist.

nytimes.com/2015/01/07/technology/intel-budgets-300-million-for-diversity.html

Intel YES!

At this point BSD is nothing more than a failed university experiment.

The good part is it 19:00

BSD is mainstream, unix always has been. Linux is the weak position here since google clearly does not want to touch that shit. If fuch-sia competes with android while being not-linux there will be trouble in the mobile space and linux doesn't have that much server space.

I can't find the link, but an Intel insider wrote a blog post many years ago explaining how Intel decided to completely cut on QA, and why people should expect more embarrassing bugs in the future (this was from a few years ago).

Actually found the link:
danluu.com/cpu-bugs/

Especially read the end where Intel insiders testify.

Old meme.

Many affected AMD too. Maybe try Via as they are too slow to implement any bloat.

>but the OpenBSD guys are spilling the beans
and they whined like bitches that the companies did not inform them under NDA last time
what manchild faggots

I wish, but alas no more songs

Arrogance. They considered themselves untouchable and thought AMD would never be a threat again. It appears that they didn't even do the standard corporate espionage with Ryzen, judging by their panicked response to it. They released an underwhelming Skylake refresh two months before Ryzen and seemed to think that would be enough. Then they had to desperately rush X299 to market half-finished and ditch Kaby Lake completely six months after launch because it was hilariously outmatched.

It's astonishing incompetence for a company of their size really, before even getting into other disasters like the bugs and their 10nm process blowing up in their face.

Attached: #1 JUST Man.jpg (960x1240, 175K)

>They considered themselves untouchable and thought AMD would never be a threat again
Time to buy intel shares and amd cpu? I guess...

Attached: amdintel.png (603x460, 51K)

>introducing the JUST 100: America's top suicide watchers

Fucking beautiful.
That sperglord probably has his life savings in Intel stock.

There are probably people in the room in the room who are livid about not being able to take part of this epic action.

>desktop
They make 1000x more money from server shit.

hahahahahahaha this is great

also openbsd.org/papers/BeckPledgeUnveilBSDCan2018.pdf

>unveil

Attached: 1528255319169.jpg (1300x804, 161K)

actually not me, love openbsd and use it everywhere, unveil looks great

Probably zip slip. Theo also have been exposed several times.

like?

Well it's gonna be an interesting year or so after it gets released, misc is going to be absolute gold

+ the memes lol

so would now be a good time to short intel then buy options afterwards?

I'd just buy AMD and just wait desu

We have to stay unified against the bigger threats right now.

Nice, pledge is really shaping up. Interested how it's now an integral part of the general DID strategy of privsep.

Bigger threats like geek feminism at FreeBSD?

So my understanding of this video is the entire speculative execution feature is fucked on Intel and OpenBSD devs are planning on just turning the whole thing off (on Intel) until they get straight answers on what exactly is fucked so they can selectively turn the working parts back on.

More or less, yeah

>you're been sold a shitty chip

Gold!

>buh buh buh amd

Literally *autistic screeching*.png

Another day, another intel blunder. I'm not even mad at this point. But like hell if I'm gonna update against it. I feel sorry for the server owners who have no choice in the matter.

Attached: 1527355781573.png (590x590, 345K)

>Oh, my servers are running 8% slower today
>I guess this is my life now

Look at their stock, they are doing great

>take 20% decrease in processing power
>bug STILL isn't fixed due to pajeets mishandling the bug fix
>gotta take another hit
>but MS knows what's best for us

Attached: 1525430845875.jpg (377x567, 15K)

so whats the problem there?
implying i am going to watch a half an hour video

I think the bigger issue is that Intel is happy cutting back on QA and selling people insecure CPUs. And when flaws in those CPUs are exposed Intel try and keep them secret so they can help their buddies at Amazon and Google whilst their own CEOs sell their options.

Still no ayymd drivers.

GPU =/= CPU

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 44K)

>buy AMD APU
>half of the chip doesn't work
Next time you tell me to buy a novideo card.

Attached: 1527573771231.gif (540x540, 682K)

you sound like the sperg throwing a tantrum @ 19min in ops vid

t. pozzed intlel cpoo

tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick

Why haven't I seen this joke earlier?

brainlet here

this means that intel cpus are compromised and they could be spying on our shit right now?

even if my cpu is from 2008?

Attached: pp123.jpg (229x220, 13K)

yes all the way back to pentium pro

Attached: 0.jpg (480x360, 6K)

>28c nuclear reactor and this now
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: Mysterious Merchant.gif (452x523, 4K)