GDPR is good they said

>GDPR is good they said
>nothing bad can come out of opening the door to more internet regulations they said
>Under Article 13 ofthe proposal, sites that allow users to post text, sounds, code, still or moving images, or other copyrighted works for public consumption will have to filter all their users' submissions against a database of copyrighted works. Sites will have to pay to license the technology to match submissions to the database, and to identify near matches as well as exact ones. Sites will be required to have a process to allow rightsholders to update this list with more copyrighted works.
Is it time to finally cleanse the internet of the retarded shit that is the EU and its regulations? (t. European but I hate all the rest of you and your nanny state bs so fucking much)

Attached: 1470341172739.jpg (333x333, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pymnts.com/news/regulation/2018/facebook-google-gdpr-lawsuits-security-privacy/
gnu.org/philosophy/opposing-drm.en.html
targetmarketingmag.com/article/gdpr-lawsuits-target-facebook-google-apple-amazon-linkedin/
domainincite.com/23058-million-euro-tucows-gdpr-lawsuit-may-not-be-icanns-last
theverge.com/2018/5/2/17310870/pentagon-ban-huawei-zte-phones-retail-stores-military-bases
gdpr-info.eu/art-13-gdpr/
eff.org/deeplinks/2018/06/eus-copyright-proposal-extremely-bad-news-everyone-even-especially-wikipedia
eff.org/deeplinks/2018/02/how-have-europes-upload-filtering-and-link-tax-plans-changed
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>t. European but I hate all the rest of you and your nanny state bs so fucking much
But you hate consequences for data mining/profiling on behalf of private companies even more?

>Someone points out a corporate dicksucking clause using government power
>HURR BUT U LIKE CORPORATE DICK

Kill yourself low Iq mongoloid

Define consequences
I have no social media, nor do I sign up anywhere with my legal name details etc unless I read the TOS and agree with them
The fucktards that sign up to anything and then ask the govt to regulate said company because "I never agreed to this" are what I hate most

My initial point was that GDPR was and is something that always favors mega-corporations, and whatever you may believe in, it would be an open door to more regulations that favor mega-corporations
You see this happening already, stop being full of pride and bs and open your eyes
If you want a future where through google is the only way to access the internet and youtube is the only video hosting platform, by all means have at it

This regulation is designed to protect corporations though. If you seriously believe that the EU are on your side, you're pretty dumb. Everything they do is about bringing the internet to heel, not keeping it free and open.

>>Under Article 13 ofthe proposal, sites that allow users to post text, sounds, code, still or moving images, or other copyrighted works for public consumption will have to filter all their users' submissions against a database of copyrighted works. Sites will have to pay to license the technology to match submissions to the database, and to identify near matches as well as exact ones. Sites will be required to have a process to allow rightsholders to update this list with more copyrighted works.
What world do you live in where normie sites haven't been deleting piracy links for ages now?

>This regulation is designed to protect corporations
How?
pymnts.com/news/regulation/2018/facebook-google-gdpr-lawsuits-security-privacy/
Are you capable of constructing a sentence without nonsense meme-speak?

Those are US corporations user
Remember when the US tried to pull some shit with Xiaomi (or was it Huawei?)
This is the EU equivalent of that

This is an individual suing 2 very large companies, not the state nor the lawmakers
If he wins that lawsuit, then might side with you, but its more than likely that he wont, as, again, the people that wrote the GDPR just want to help bigger corporations

This isn't a clause invented by the implementation of GDPR. Have you forgotten that DRM exists? YouTube? No? Also:
>Sites will have to pay to license the technology to match submissions to the database, and to identify near matches as well as exact ones.
Isn't this fair? Here are some wonderful examples of how this has worked in the past:
gnu.org/philosophy/opposing-drm.en.html

>My initial point was that GDPR was and is something that always favors mega-corporations, and whatever you may believe in, it would be an open door to more regulations that favor mega-corporations
>You see this happening already, stop being full of pride and bs and open your eyes
Enlight us then.
Where are your proofs ?

>again, the people that wrote the GDPR just want to help bigger corporations
How? Also, those aren't the only lawsuits in place.
targetmarketingmag.com/article/gdpr-lawsuits-target-facebook-google-apple-amazon-linkedin/
domainincite.com/23058-million-euro-tucows-gdpr-lawsuit-may-not-be-icanns-last

You should've provided a link for that. As it is - I don't remember the case you're trying to describe.

>corporatecucks are still butthurted with GDPR
Feels good

Attached: 1512912681492.png (615x591, 285K)

First is of a French digital rights group
The second is from what I gather a private firm filing a lawsuit against another smaller one
theverge.com/2018/5/2/17310870/pentagon-ban-huawei-zte-phones-retail-stores-military-bases
Its Jow Forums - Tinfoil
You cant prove lobbying conspiracies, but you couldn't prove NSA gathering data either until it was blown open

If I create a popular meme and copyright it, can I be rich now?

Article 13 and GDPR are separate things, retard. (Which doesn't mean that either are any good.)
Also
>not mentioning link taxes

As a matter of fact, yes
Unironically

Link me on link taxes
Also I know they are delegate, I argued that the GDPR opened the door to shit like this

sweet, EU is the best

I wonder if that means Jow Forums will just BTFO all of Europe since it would be a website responsible for the users' postings etc and it will be in millions of debt by day 1

Everyone remember the report and hide threads made by shills. Large companies are trying to influence the minds of people on 4chab, and it's out job to stop them.

haha yes xDDD

>I wonder if that means Jow Forums will just BTFO
the nu-Jow Forums without original content would get BTFO
is there anything in this world that is not being improved by GDPR?

>Under Article 13 ofthe proposal, sites that allow users to post text, sounds, code, still or moving images, or other copyrighted works for public consumption will have to filter all their users' submissions against a database of copyrighted works. Sites will have to pay to license the technology to match submissions to the database, and to identify near matches as well as exact ones. Sites will be required to have a process to allow rightsholders to update this list with more copyrighted works.
It seems you don't even read GDPR laws at all
Here I give you the source to read the laws properly, corporatetard => gdpr-info.eu/art-13-gdpr/
It's like you're shitposting without even looking at the real source. Embarrassing.

Attached: 1503651285485.png (358x485, 268K)

You may joke, but under
>sites that allow users to post text, sounds, code, still or moving images or other copyrighted works for public consumption will have to filter all their users'submissions against a database of copyrighted laws

Are you a literal retard?
eff.org/deeplinks/2018/06/eus-copyright-proposal-extremely-bad-news-everyone-even-especially-wikipedia

Jow Forums will unironically improve with images banned.

>You cant prove lobbying conspiracies, but you couldn't prove NSA gathering data either until it was blown open
And yet you insist GDPR does exactly what it was elected against without any proof or because it could be the case. How do you expect anyone to accept this?

eff.org/deeplinks/2018/02/how-have-europes-upload-filtering-and-link-tax-plans-changed
L2search

Most economic policies dont work the way they were meant to and backfire
I sincerely believe that this will not be anything different

are you fucking dumb?
article 13 has nothing to do with copyright bullshit. Article 13 is the first article under section 2: 'information to be provided where personal data are collected from the data subject'.

There is nothing in the GPDR about copyright.

Once again, see
And learn to read
I said specifically
>GDPR is good they said
Aka mocking GDPR for something
>nothing bad can come out of opening the door to more internet regulations they said
and here I present what I consider faulty with GDPR (among other things that dont matter right now), aka it opened the door to more internet regulations
Then follows said regulation
Learn to read

>I sincerely believe
This isn't proof and you know that.

I already said I cant prove shit
Time will tell

That is a new proposal for a new copyright law from the EU Copyright Directive. That has nothing to do with the GDPR. Read it yourself fucking retard.

>shitposting without reading the proposal

Attached: 1528059029715.jpg (300x300, 103K)

>what does opening the door to new regulations mean
You fucking mongoloid

>A future where European IP address blocks are banned from anywhere with memes
Sign me the fuck up
Also, won't this just make life good for US (or literally anywhere but EU) VPN providers selling VPN certs for a premium to eurofags trying to avoid such region bans?

desu I dont mind it either, I plan to leave the EU and all its shit behind

>eurotards think this hurts corporations
This is strictly to protect hollywood kikes you retards. There are more websites around than fucking facebook and youtube, this kind of shit
A) Forces people to pay other private entities for access to their undoubtedly shit software
B) Puts a huge amount of strain on small communities
C) Wont hurt the big guys at all

How can you fucktards think this is good?

>eurotards
>hollywood kikes you retards
I'll be sure to take you seriously.

death to americunts film companies

>Someone points out a corporate dicksucking clause using government power

U.S is doing this but without the goods that gdpr brings

>believing anything that comes out of an autocracy

>brake copyright law on daily basis
>nothing happens

Attached: feels.jpg (1200x630, 56K)

Is it bad that i just want to nut on her face ?

>her

It's like the EU wants to stay the third world of the IT industry. This will only motivate more capital flight from sites that this applies to.

>her (male)