Programmer laptop

I'm gonna start my MSc come September.
Got any laptop suggestions?

pic related

Attached: EMpEjszJgkmScGoUnkR9SA-650-80.jpg (650x365, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-a-series/A485/p/22TP2TAA485
outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnlineSales/Online/InventorySearch.aspx?brandId=2201&c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh&dgc=IR&cid=258996&lid=4635114
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Check the wiki, logicalincrements or laptopscribes.com or just kys.

Thinkpad E585

Attached: lenovo-laptop-thinkpad-e585-hero.png (725x515, 74K)

I'm tempted but I'm also tempted with macshit.
desu their machines are still probably the most beautiful out there.

Do you care more about looks rather than functionality?

also it ain't the best type of shit to carry 2 kg with you all day at school.

That one has the full range of Ryzen Mobile APUs, also
>RAM upgradeable to 32GB
>M.2
>1080p panel
>bunch of USB ports including USB-C
>Ethernet port
>Card reader

It's not a gaming laptop, it's a productivity laptop, there's no GPU inside except the Vega iGPU, it won't weigh anywhere near a Alienware/MSI/Sager/etc

I'm not referring to gaming but weight simply.

Some MacBook is the best option because it's the only platform where you can develop ios apps/mac programs natively.

You can also use bootcamp to get Windows for .NET/C# development as well.

If you buy macshit you will need dem dongles for your Donglebook. You will carry 2kg in the end anyways.

If you are worried about weight, why not Thinkpad X1 Carbon or something like that if you really are worried about weight.

Lenovo laptops are more reliable and age better than Macs. And also keep in mind that the current crop of Macbooks are known for having high keyboard failure rates, which they don't admit to, and don't fix.

That's even if it gets released, the only news of upcoming Ryzen thinkpads are the Ryzen Pro Thinkpads set to release with the A485 series next month, pic related
>www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-a-series/A485/p/22TP2TAA485
How about 3.5 lbs?

Forgot pic, from Lenovo's blog

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-10-10-30-24.jpg (1080x1671, 332K)

macshit in 2018 is exactly that, shit.

The current macbook keyboards are also relatively loud and may be inadvisable for classrooms.

the A485 looks nice.
it is clunky but in the end wtf can you do.

Wait for benchmarks and reviews.
The default Intel version had severe throttling issues.
If it's indeed just a shitty fan, AMD won't fix that either.

Sweet phone posting from your poverty device.

I’m in your same shoes and just use a 2015 mbp. They’re quite cheap now and were the last good mbp.

Heavy computation? Dell precision line.
Otherwise get any ultrabook piece of shit.
Modern thinkpads are beyond overpriced trash and macbooks arent worth the cost because of overheating issues.

They announced the E585 back in February and it still hasn't hit the streets, they probably abandoned it in favor of the A-series which was coming with Ryzen Pro anyways, and Ryzen Pros can have a TDP set between 15-25W, I'm pretty sure there won't be the same cooling issues

>all this projection
faggot, you're sentences start off with capital letters, you're phone fagging yourself

You can literally order them already, they just got postponed.

To when exactly? The last time there was any news about the E series was back in April, and they didn't announce a release date

Fuck off shill.

Not OP, but i'm looking for something in the 13" ballpark (can plug into monitor at home), has reasonable graphics (Ryzen mobile, or a MX150), decent screen, UHD isn't necessary however. Ideally thin and light.

In the 800-1200 price range.

>Estimated to be shipped in up to 3 weeks.
Sounds like they're aiming for July. Probably corelease with the A4.

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display is the only machine that wouldn't be laughed out of a CS class.

If that's the case then I'd go for the E585, battery life is supposed to be over 12 hours, 15.6" screen and M.2 slot

Actually I'm not sure because Ryzen Pro is supposed to have a CPU performance advantage over regular Ryzen Mobile, tough choice, also the A485 is supposed to be touch screen

CS Students really are a meme then.

Get an x270 with 1080p IPS screen, light, great battery life, durable, good for programming.

I run CLion, IntelliJ, and PyCharm on a mid-grade thinkpad from 2012 with upgraded SSD and RAM. Compiling code isn't system-intensive, the IDEs themselves are waaay heavier, and this thing handles it like a champ.

I boot into Win10 in about 10 seconds, and IntelliJ takes roughly 8 more seconds to load. Compile times are a tad slower than my desktop (i7-6700, 16GB RAM) but it's still fast.

Pic related

Touch screen is an unnecessary meme, unless you use something like a yoga pad to use it as a notepad all together.

Attached: thisisbait.png (625x626, 66K)

xps 13

Let's say I have a good desktop but I want to be mobile. What's the best laptop that isn't good on its own, but would be fine for remote access. I guess the only thing I really need to worry about is battery life, is that right? Hopefully I can get something cheap.

>xps 13
OP here.
This is best imo but way too far ahead from a price I can handle rn.

Get an 9360 refurbished model

>numpad on laptop

Attached: 1526147587247.jpg (600x600, 59K)

A lot of companies replace their machines every 2 years, so right now there is an influx of perfectly good refurbished laptops on the market.

>being a keylet

Attached: 1453521382847.jpg (565x575, 34K)

>tempted by macshit
Then this thread is pointless, we all know you WILL buy MacShit regardless of what we suggest.
Anyway, a nice X220 is a good, portable and cheap laptop for daily use. If you want to go expensive, get a modern one like the X1 carbon.

Lenovo hasn't made a good laptop in 8 years.

about time that changes, wouldn't you say?

My T430s was made in 2012, that's 6 years ago
Also my Y700-14ISK is great and it's only 2 years old

>9360 refurbished model
where would one go to get one (aside from their official store)?

Depends on where you are. I think dell lists all certified refurbished resellers online.

outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnlineSales/Online/InventorySearch.aspx?brandId=2201&c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh&dgc=IR&cid=258996&lid=4635114

is it the same as the A275 ?