You didn't fall for the """8"""" core glued-together 2700X meme, did you user?

You didn't fall for the """8"""" core glued-together 2700X meme, did you user?

Attached: 98568.jpg (904x598, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eBmrlHi4s4g
youtube.com/watch?v=-p_01rCM5Mw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>CelerOWN'd
>POOtium
>Housefore i9 7980XE

28 gorrilion

Attached: 1528257832783.png (823x520, 436K)

Yes

Attached: 1528284772305.png (705x703, 136K)

Attached: i9.jpg (1906x1536, 434K)

>Intel
Lol
They haven't been good since Sandy Bridge

>2700X
why not intel did the same shit with the core2 and it still kicked the shit out of the phenom way back when

but all the ryzens are single die chips
none of them are glued

TR and EBYN are 4 glued ryzen dies though

2 ccx's glued together with infinity fabric

>kicked the shit out of the phenom
No they did not u fucking shill

Intel has probably released a new socket twice during this thread. Have fun with your planned obsolence.

AMD fanboyism is a mental illness mate, get checked.

>4 fans for the VRM

How can AMD fags compete with the RGB opportunities Intel provides?

Attached: intel cooling.png (669x349, 347K)

well when you compare the phenom 9950 vs intels flagship part of the time there's really no comparison even though they just used 2 dual cores communicating via the fsb.

I honestly give some major credit to Asus for making a board like that. It was capable of handling the absolutely INSANE levels of power usage that their 28c was pulling without falling on its face or having their VRM's blow.

That board was made by Gigabyte.

Achually that's a really well made VRM design, we had 32 phase vrms back on some ultra high end piledriver boards but the manufacturers were retarded and put half in front and half in the back.
If they were made like these focusing on using them to it's max we could have had some insane overclocks back then.
If you want to shit on something shit on intel lying to hundreds of thousands of users about their magical cpu that can do "5ghz andh ave 28 cores" but don't shit on the mobo that gigabyte and asus made to be able to handle this chris-chan tier of autistic retardation from intel.
That board is fucking awesome in an engineering point of view my dude.

I could have sworn there was an Asus board in the mix too. One that was blatantly a dual socket board that they removed on of the sockets.

Linus tested on an Asus board in his video, but the mobo for 5 ghz demo was definitely made by Gigabyte.

Both asus and gigabyte made one, both are on the same tier of insanely industrial application over-engineered tier to handle intel retardation.
After Intel did their show they even forced both asus and gigabyte to give back the CPUs in like 20 minutes so no one would be able to touch the systems.

5 ghz ain't cheap bruh. Not that a Ryzen peasant would know.

I'm not taking part in the AMD drone vs intell shill war on Jow Forums I'm just telling anons that both manufacturers (asus and gigabyte) made boards as contractors for intel little marketing performance.

The boards have nothing to do with intel jewing people out they are pretty well made actually and both asus and gigabyte deserve kudos for being able to make something who can handle that much retardation from intel which was in short almost LN2 tier overclocking.

For anons that are curious on how hardcore this VRM setup is check it out and I sincerely doubt we will ever see this ever again in another board or even in the hands of consumers because it's just impossible to sell a 1kw+ TDP cpu to consumers without setting their houses on fire and giving the overall system life 1 week.

youtube.com/watch?v=eBmrlHi4s4g

I thought it was the Asus board that pushed 5GHz. Pic related.

Attached: AsusDominusGpus.jpg (1616x1080, 333K)

Can't you clearly see that the pic your posted and are two different boards?

Both did, user but I'm not sure which one got the most press since most pictures we get of that shitshow after the live cinebench stuff are the gigabyte ones.
I know linus the eternal manlet showed the asus one in his channel but that's about it.

The PZ700 of motherboards

youtube.com/watch?v=-p_01rCM5Mw

Yes. I simply thought Asus was the 5GHz board while the gigabyte was getting more attention due to it's VRM heatsinks.
Yea the whole thing was just a fucking mess all around. I don't even know what Intel was hoping to accomplish.

Attached: 1526577240941.jpg (1200x675, 94K)

>handle intel retardation
The only thing retarded thing intel did is letting the normie news sites believe there was an actual 5 ghz 28 core CPU coming to market.

Only the gigabyte board was capable of 5ghz stable enough for a demo. On that asus board the cpu was only running at 3.9-4.1ghz (based on the CB scores it did), it however had a bit more realistic watercooling with 60mm quad 120mm rad

That's a completely different system to the one the demo was performed on. That had crap everywhere to soak the condensation caused by the chiller. Plus a mere RX 570 instead of SLI 1080 Tis, amusingly.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9BL1IvNzc2NjkxL29yaWdpbmFsL0lNR180ODIzLkpQRw==.jpg (1510x1006, 1.82M)

I didn't.

I have an i3 2120 I plan on using until it literally melts.

Then I will go to my drawer and grab the other i3 2120 I have stored somewhere.

Good on you, I approve of this frugality.
Do you play video games with it, or any other heavy workloads? How does it hold up in 2018?

I don't play video games anymore, only use my computer for music/movies and web dev.

It was good enough for the shit I used to play, STALKER, Warband and New Vegas mostly.

BAD GOYIM

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)