Help with new rig

So i'm building or at least hoping to soon build my first pc. Problem is i am getting a bit confused and although i understand some bits and bobs im not sure if im doing well.

Basically i was thinking whether this was good or not, What power supply would you guys recommend and what potential compatibility issues are there if any?

Also if there are any changes you recommend please help out by sharing, obv im trying to save or at least not spunk huge amounts of money so nothing too extreme. Just want a good gaming/workplace pc for uni which i hopefully won't need to replace while there.

Attached: Capture.png (1152x791, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#sort=price&s=33&c=124&page=1
uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/dWL7YJ/asrock-ab350m-pro4-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-ab350m-pro4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sorry, didnt read whole op. Calculate your tdp. Then add 20%. That shoukd be the min power of your psu. Everything seems fine Best of luck.

will you be installing gentoo on this PC?

fuck yes m8

yeah power comes up to 300, so a 350w power supply? also any specific recommendations? power supplies confuse me due to how many cabling it is, will an average power supply have everything i need?

nah, probably windows 10 not fond of messing around with gentoo

Should i go a 350w or a 400w?

bump

>locked i5
>3rd party cooler
>bottom barrel motherboard
>adata SSD
>350w PSU

jesus christ this has to be bait

Attached: big_bait.jpg (3000x3000, 368K)

I'm a huge faggot please rape my face

This is not bait, i don't need an unlocked processor as a locked is cheaper and will perform just fine.
i only need a cooler which will do better than a stock one.
motherboard is cheap because i don't need any special features as i only will use one m2 ssd and then a hard drive therefore will only need one sata 6gb port.
idk what adata means :(
idk with the maximum power estimate is nearly 300, idk i was asking for help as i don't know what to get

if you're gonna call it bait at least explain furthermore please, It'll be some help.

i don't know about all the other stuff but get a known brand PSU with around 600W even if your estimated power consumption is lower

surely that's not healthy for the system?

So, for a PSU, I would pick either EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W or Corsair - RMx 550W 80+ Gold. You could shave off more money by choosing non-modular cables. EVGA and Corsair are both well respected PSU brands. You could save more by choosing 80+ instead of 80+ Bronze/Gold.

I was told that having a psu thats too powerful can harm your system, will 550 be okay for sure

It won't harm your system if anything it'd be quieter because your psu wont overheat and it's most efficient at about 50-60% load. Also more room to expand later. Get one at 550W-600W.

>Go with ryzen 2600, good cooler is included. 8600 is jus 6/6 core n is pretty much obsolete already.
>b450 mobo, asrock is cheap yet have decent VRMs
>RAM, ryzen needs good ram cos infinity fabric shiz. so anything g.skills that is 3200mhz cl14? good enough
>Get at least a 256gb ssd for your boot drive, maybe go NVME (unsure if that ADATA one is or not) if you have extra cash to blow
>Go a WD blue for your spinning rust, seagate can suck a fat one
>Gtx1060, all gravy
>any case will do but the really cheap ones are a pain to work with and sour the build IMO

for your PSU i'd look for a nice semi/fully modular 80+bronze and above. EVGA is my go to brand for a PSU, also seasonic deserves a mention.

> 6/6 core n is pretty much obsolete already
AMDrones are this retarded. Please count on your fingers how many consumer software using more than 6 cores 6 threads.

Give it a year or 2, the core wars have started judging by this years computex.
Most games are optimizing for better usage of all cores, same goes with most production software.

AMDrones have been saying this over a decade. No utilizing multiple cores is hard as fuck and nobody waste their talent doing that for your manchildren's visual toy.

>I don't know what apple is doing since almost a decade now
off yourself and go outside as soon as you can, you're being blinded by your irrational hatred

>Apple
Yeah take your own advice you stupid drone.

>EVGA and Corsair are respected PSU brands
holy shit lol no
Corsair played bait and switch, they used to only sell rebranded Seasonic which are great, but then after a few years swapped OEM for all but their top tier shit which remains Seasonic and Flextronics. When they swapped OEM they didn't even launch it as a new lineup, they did it silently with the same branding.

EVGA has been releasing dogshit since day 1, their first offerings had massive stability problems and QC issues have plagued them since, not to mention that abomination of a 400w PSU thats a legitimate firehazard. They're still selling that fuck.

Attached: Laughing_cars.jpg (502x600, 152K)

>Just want a good gaming/workplace pc for uni which i hopefully won't need to replace while there.
What games do you play/plan on playing, and what is the resolution of your monitor? I'm sure a GTX 1060 will be fine, but I still want to check.

I pretty much agree with . Over here in the US a 2600 is $30 cheaper than the 8600, which could be reinvested into faster memory (moving from 2400 mhz to 3000/3200 mhz).

>Please count on your fingers how many consumer software using more than 6 cores 6 threads.
Having 12 threads over 6 could be useful when running multiple things at once. Ex. having a game open, which may use 4-8 threads on its own, along with other programs like a browser, Skype/Discord/etc., Spotify, streaming software, etc.

Anyway, OP specifically mentioned a workspace system alongside gaming, so I assume having extra threads will be eventually handy.

Go with an R5 2600 and it'll include a better cooler. Solid build otherwise bro. Maybe be wary of the hard drive, I've heard bad stuff about seagate.

I currentlu have a segeate and I can't complain

Only a 1080p monitor but planning to soon upgrade and various games, sometimes I'll play witcher bo3 or destiny. sometimes I'll just chill in warframe, league or maybe something even less requiring I play a load of various titles.

Also was thinking about maybe starting to stream as a hobby

>CPU
Get Ryzen 2600/X
its going to be same in games and better anywhere else
>Cooler
if you buy Ryzen you actually get a good stock cooler you can use
>RAM
get DDR4-2800/3000/3200
don't go with well known brand like MEMECorsair, it's all the same shit
>128GB SSD
no, just no, either 240+gb or don't but it

550W will be fine. It won't harm the system.

>Only a 1080p monitor but planning to soon upgrade and various games, sometimes I'll play witcher bo3 or destiny. sometimes I'll just chill in warframe, league or maybe something even less requiring I play a load of various titles.
I think a 1060 should be fine then. A 1070 would be better if you plan on going to 1400p, but you can always upgrade the GPU when the 1060 no longer performs as well as you want it to.

>Also was thinking about maybe starting to stream as a hobby
I would look into what that other user said, and check out how much an R5 2600 is for you. The great thing about that CPU besides the 12 threads is that it's unlocked, so in the future you could always OC it before upgrading to a new one.

Changed the ram to a faster one, also changed the ssd as i realised it's just more cost efficient to get a 256 gb

Also swapped processor for 8500 as it'll perform near enough the same, won't bottle neck and saves few squids

Also found a (seemingly appropriate) PSU

Attached: Capture1.png (1160x740, 79K)

If so what mobo should i look for if i went for r5 2600 instead, seems like an option seems it's cheaper and performs better multicore and thread wise.

Yeah, don't stream on an i5. It will choke on the encode where a r5 2600 will handle it with ease.

>swapped processor for 8500

is this bait thread?

I want genuine help but i'm also trying to save money wherever i can.

So kindly please stop claiming it's a bait and fuck off

Then get a ryzen instead of this circumsized intel core

>b450 mobo
I can't seem to find any? is this a type and user meant different chipset or am i missing something?

Not
But I've had 2 seagate die on me before and a WD too (on different machines). For my main build I got a cheapo new pull toshiba and it's still rocking after almost 3 years

I had my current seagate 2tb for about 4-5 years now

>what mobo
It sounds like a B350 chipset would be good for you, since it supports overclocking and is cheaper than X370: uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#sort=price&s=33&c=124&page=1
Look into reviews. Something like an MSI PC Mate or Asrock Pro4 seem decent. Also, you don't need an aftermarket cooler for the time being, as the stock cooler would be enough. Only when you start tinkering with overclocking would it potentially be worth getting (depending on how high you OC).

typo not type************

uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/dWL7YJ/asrock-ab350m-pro4-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-ab350m-pro4

I added this mobo for time being but got a compatibility note saying "Some AMD B350 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Pinnacle Ridge CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions." just a warning or something i should be concerned about?

B450s are coming out at the end of this month

>just a warning or something i should be concerned about?
It should be fine. You can always check out the reviews, and maybe do a quick search online as well. If no one is complaining about it, I'd go for it then.

>B450s are coming out at the end of this month
How soon do you need the PC, OP? I would recommend waiting if a new line of motherboards are launching that soon. Even if you stick with B350, there may potentially be a drop in their prices.

Fuck off back to /v/ retard
And all of you faggots giving him actual advice need to neck yourselves.

i will research, and i only need it around early to mid august so i can wait

you sir can go and hang yourself using your mums umbilical cord while choking on her placenta.

To everyone who gave me genuine advice i am very helpful and i admire as well as appreciate your time and kindness :).

Thankful not helpful **************

>just a warning or something i should be concerned about?

it's more of a warning all major mobos that are being sold through retailers are flashed with new BIOS and fully support new Ryzen lineup

it's just like there always needs to be a warning placed, in case there are mobos laying around in some dark place that are still with old BIOS

if you're not in a hurry it's better to wait for B450s as they are even more future proof
remember by buying Ryzen, you get future proof platform - means better value

I will do that since i have at least a month or two

>early to mid august

its perfect, you will be able to get B450 motherboard